This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colin View Post
    Jesus, do I have to post some pictures of retro items I've bought but have been keeping secret just to cheer you all up?

Do it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
      Wow, did not realise you had seen my setup and could therefore comment.

Feel free to continue to comment on **** you have not seen.

The only debate is emulation vs original carts. Image quality is equivalent.

Keep saving all your McDonalds shift money, buy an Ouya, and then comment.
      Odd reaction.

Anyway, the Ouya is rubbish. Despite getting $8.5 million of a $950,000 goal, they still delivered a laggy and cheap piece of kit then pissed the rest of the money up the wall or god knows what.

It's a standard device with standard options. Having extensively played with it, it does not come close to a mint CRT setup. If you like it, good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
        Don't be silly, nobody bought an Ouya.
        hey....almost nobody.

i have (had, just sold it) so can comment, and its the reason i'm buying consoles and playing on CRT's!
        i did tinker with the snes emus and was happyish with the results,

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
        Odd reaction.

Anyway, the Ouya is rubbish. Despite getting $8.5 million of a $950,000 goal, they still delivered a laggy and cheap piece of kit then pissed the rest of the money up the wall or god knows what.

It's a standard device with standard options. Having extensively played with it, it does not come close to a mint CRT setup. If you like it, good for you.
        and i agree.

Comment

I said already, but I'm just not a fan of emulation unless there's no choice (on a train for example via handheld)...

Anyhoo here's a few new bits to help rebuild the collection:

Comment

Recent F-Zero games. Very pleased with the supposedly new, but anyway mint, Super Fami one.

and some other buys

Comment

Originally posted by MiG View Post
              you should pick up an s-video cable to get the best out of it..
              That's what I meant to do, but SVHS cables seem extinct around these parts. Will have to go to a bigger mall.

Comment

Ouya aside, what is your setup? Can we see it?

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
                  Ouya aside, what is your setup? Can we see it?
                  Sure. My new Saturn is ready for collection. Ill install it and then post a pic.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                    Odd reaction.

Ouya as a console is rubbish. As an emulation machine it's gold.

Comment

Fair enough. I don't really like it in any form.

Comment

Ouya sounds like a posh british person agreeing with some one,

"shall we go to the country club for a spot of lunch Timothy"

"ooo ya"

Comment

Some recent things. Really should be the last new games of the year, although I do have a few other items already paid for.

The GB game is Bionic Commando and the top FC game is Super Arabian.

Missing from those pictures are some old PC games (the Apple II release of Neuromancer is one - licenced games don't usually do much for me, but I like the book and that the game is quite jokey) and a PS1 cooking game: Manpuku!! Nabe Kazoku.

Comment

Ah Act raiser 2. Almost brilliant, actually frustrating but a solid game in there. Amazing graphics.

Comment

Arkanoid R? Haven't heard of that one. Need to look into it. And kudos for buying O.TO.GI that's a cracking action game.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                                Arkanoid R? Haven't heard of that one. Need to look into it. And kudos for buying O.TO.GI that's a cracking action game.
                                It's Arkanoid Returns, a port (with extras) of the 1997 arcade game. I've had the PS1 paddle controller for ages, it's about time that I had something other than Puchi Carat to use it with.

It also had a re-release as Arkanoid R 2000. I'm not sure the info about extra stages on the Wikipedia page is correct, though...

Comment

Working...
                                X