No announcement yet.

Sony PlayStation - 20th Anniversary of Japanese Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not for me either but I think they have made a nice job of it. It makes a change from just a new colour shell.

Comment

Actually with all these editions, Amiibos etc, The materialism is getting on my nerves. People are insane.

Comment

Anyone want one for ?19.94?

Comment

People on GAF are already talking about camping out overnight. Joke's on them though, when their toes drop off on the way into the shop tomorrow morning.
          Last edited by Decider-VT; 09-12-2014, 19:57.

Comment

I hate this.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              Danholo, seems like they've devolved distribution to local stores in Finland? That's interesting.
              I don't know if devolving is a proper term. There might be some competitions where to get it from but this method from Verkkokauppa.com seems like a fair deal. Finland is a small country so Sony won't personally be dealing with this campaign. I think Playstation, as is with almost any other product, a third party company handles distribution and marketing in this market. I think it's actually a film company. Sony might have some offices here but they might just be some type of small branch. So, I welcome a method where everyone has a chance at getting their hands on one of these for a reasonable price. The market isn't that large anyway, so I don't think there will be many eyeing out for these but certainly enough to make chances quite low. I'll take my chances, as I said.

I'm pretty callous about it though. I'm getting this because I think it will be valuable in the future. I'm not that big of a PlayStation fan to justify getting a unit for its own sake. I'll be damned if I camped out for anything, especially a PlayStation which are a dime a dozen.

I find PlayStation to be generic media box which lacks personality, unlike Sega or Nintendo consoles. However, I can't deny that most of my gaming hours have been spent on some version of the PlayStation and I'm looking to get a PS4 next, and what better than this one? It will certainly retain its value if I need to get rid of it some day. I wouldn't gave that much personal attachment to it, anyway.

But I'm not counting on getting one, so I hope some bloke who is REALLY into PlayStation gets one.

Comment

Where on Bethnal Green Road is the PlayStation 94 Shop though?

Comment

Yeah...I'm not going to be able to make it to that. Ah well. They've said it will be available online Monday, a couple of hundred units I guess, so I'll try my luck in the lottery there.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    Yeah...I'm not going to be able to make it to that. Ah well. They've said it will be available online Monday, a couple of hundred units I guess, so I'll try my luck in the lottery there.
                    Think that might be the way to go. I'm not far from Bethnal Green but I need to be somewhere else tomorrow afternoon so I won't have the time to endure the queue.

Comment

I don't quite get this one either. The grey original PS is possibly the worst console colour I have ever seen. It makes it look so plastic and, well, grey. Love the system for what it can do and I did like the fancy blue models but grey? No. The Saturn seemed to do grey better. Not sure what the difference is but the plastic itself feels different. Even then, grey would hardly be my first choice.

If they do a Famicom PS4, I'm in.

Comment

Word is that the queue on BGR is already over 100 deep...

Comment

Yep, wristbands to the first 94 are already allocated. Was talking with my friend and debating taking the first tube in the morning, but an all-nighter wouldn't have been on the cards for me even if I would've known.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                            Word is that the queue on BGR is already over 100 deep...
                            Part of me thinks this would be awesome. A great atmosphere, plenty of banter, a unique opportunity and the possibility of bagging a brand new console for a hilarious bargain price.

The other part wonders how many of these people queuing would even consider doing something like this to benefit others, such as The Big Sleep Out?

Comment

There will be 50 units available on Thursday and Friday respectively too. Wonder when the queues for those will start. Surely not the night before too?!

Comment

Apparently those units will be RRP.

Comment

Working...
                                X