No announcement yet.

Sony PlayStation - 20th Anniversary of Japanese Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My initial interpretation was that they would select people when you came in rather then some free-for-all crap.

In essence prove your a collector and get one. No idea why the had you bring in a Playstation related item and a password - only to then give them away like this...

Poor Showing...

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
      In essence prove your a collector and get one.
      That sounds like an even worse idea than what they went with

Comment

I'm watching this thing with sickening incredulity.

This one's up to ?810 on eBay:

It's just stuff.

I get the excitement over bagging one for less than ?20, but the people willing to pay this kind of money are nuts!

Comment

it would of made more sense to have a treasure hunt style thing where people who are actual playstation network users got clues to there inbox on how to find one of these super rare limited editions, but as always big company treats london likes its the whole of the uk.

Amazon are doing give away this year to promote there Amazon lockers, in where you might get a cool suprises with your order if you use there locker service to get items delivred, this is a really good way of rewarding actual customers over scalpers, and generating good publicity and good feeling amongst a community.

what we have in London is a queue where 99.9% off people there are there to sell on.

Comment

I like the patterning on the console but that's about it. I don't have fuzzy memories like some do it seems. But them my first PlayStation was a PS2 when Game station in St David's Centre in Cardiff opened and had them for 100 quid. And until my SRW collecting spree I only had 6 games for it, 3 for the guncon 2.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
              But them my first PlayStation was a PS2 when Game station in St David's Centre in Cardiff opened and had them for 100 quid.
              I remember that shop, back when Gamestation was a great store. It was a fantastic place to pick up import stuff but the Newport store was arguably better than it.

Comment

Backstage video before the Store opened

Comment

I assume you got your hands on one Daytime Dreamer?

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    I assume you got your hands on one Daytime Dreamer?
                    I wish. Not even close and I don't think I will be getting one

By the way: People queuing outside were already checking their ebay listing for their console-to-be. Even though it's something they are free to do this disgusts me and it's not they way to go with these consoles. You can't prevent this though.

Comment

I would do the same. A ?20 console selling for ?1500 plus? I'd cash right in. If someone is stupid enough to pay that for a console I'll happily take my girls on holiday with the proceeds.

Comment

Totally agree, Nakamura.

Comment

I think I'm stupid enough to unbox and use it..

Comment

I've been collecting for 25 years and this is the first time ever my head has been turned by a limited edition console. I find them extremely tacky on the whole.

What Sony did was pure genius with this one and the stories of queuing and reselling for silly money are fantastic for the credence of the hobby in the public's consciousness.

If my mate BA005 could enter that London shop brandishing his BA005 ticket to Narita dated March 1995 and his receipt for a Japanese Sony PlayStation and Ridge Racer also dated March 1995 showing his real historic dedication to the format allowing him to rightfully buy one then that would be just. But life is a bitch and it's all down to this very internet.

Finally I don't see what the Japanese release date has to do with the price of fish outside of Japan and surely the Japanese edition of this 20th edition is the one to get for pure collectors?

Comment

Originally posted by JAPJAC View Post

If my mate BA005 could enter that London shop brandishing his BA005
                              I am so jealous you're mates with him. Legend.

Comment

March 1995? I guess he wasn't sure if he wanted a PlayStation or not then.

Comment

Working...
                                X