No announcement yet.

GAMESMASTER........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1997 what the hell was i thinking of course it was 1992 too much Jack d and coke i was 11 at the time, they also had a sonic 2 bouns level challange for a golden joystick. Good old Dominc Diamond was there too in that red suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuddle
      Originally posted by Mayhem
      Played against Liam Botham, so a celebrity challenge as such as well...
      who is(was?) liam botham?
      Ian Botham's son, I think he played rugby union.

Comment

i never cared for gamesmaster. although i admit to watching it, it was a bit naff. bad influence was the best games so to ever hit TV, hosted by that dodgy violet berlin and andy something?

Comment

Andy Crane mate

I liked GamesMaster, fun show I thought. Dominics humour entertained me too. I was very young though.

Now that its mentioned, I do remember the adult show.

I remember Dave Perry having a strop because he lost a game of Mario or something, he said he was waiting for the official release of the game before playing it properly.

Comment

Originally posted by jezzace
            Anyone remember the special episode (forget the occasion) when they had what happens next and for Dave Perry they showed sonic running to the end of a stage.

"Well, dr Robotnik comes and a boss battle starts..."

Cut to sonic running again...then a Japanese Ninja jumps burst out of a cage and shoots a laser beam out of his forehead destroying every one!!

Funniest thing in the world, though I guess its only funny if you know what I'm talking about.
            Yeah, they changed the ending so that he'd get his answer wrong. But he still won every round, so in the end they changed the game in the final to one he'd not played yet as it wasn't available in this country, but the other bloke (who was the presenter's best friend) had played solidly for 3 months.
            Cheating was the only way they could beat the guy.
            Dave Perry was that good!

Comment

yeah games master was cool. Some of the later episodes were a bit naff, but i still watched it.

I did think Bad Influence was a better show though. Infact i burned every episode of Bad Influence to dvd

I also got nearly every episode of Games Master, but only bothered burning Series 7 before i got bored or doing it.

One day ill have to divx them up and put them on the net.

Comment

Any plans to share that DVD? I fancy seeing a few of those old Episodes again.

Comment

I want to see reviews of ppl saying Mortal Kombat looks "sooooo realistic!!!" I bet the way they used to get hyped about the Super Nintendo's graphics is hillarious now.

Comment

Originally posted by Redsquirrel
                    I did think Bad Influence was a better show though. Infact i burned every episode of Bad Influence to dvd
                    fancy making me a copy???

Comment

Andy Crane was the worst games presenter of all time, no contest. His knowledge of video games was utterly non existant.

Nothing Bad Influence could do was going to fix that, and so it rightly deserves the accolade 'worst games show of all time'.

Comment

Originally posted by Papercut
                        Andy Crane was the worst games presenter of all time, no contest. His knowledge of video games was utterly non existant.

Nothing Bad Influence could do was going to fix that, and so it rightly deserves the accolade 'worst games show of all time'.
                        Nope, that goes to GamesVille. Maybe his presenting wasn't great, but the content was there. Intresting features.

Comment

Gamesville doesn't have such an awful name.

Bad Influence? With a name like that they shot themselves in the foot right at the start. It was damned to begin with.

I don't remember any interesting features, only bad ones.

Comment

i reason i enjoyed bad influence more was because of the features and decent news etc

gamesmaster was just boring challenges and arse tips

there's been loads of games shows over the years that i remember;

cybernet
                            gamesville (pure wank)
                            the one on sci-fi channel
                            gamesworld on sky one years ago
                            the one with the 3 birds - one of which does the sci-fi one at the mo

and prob others...?

Comment

Originally posted by gamelife
                              the one with the 3 birds - one of which does the sci-fi one at the mo
                              That was Bits, genuinely good in my opinion. Unless you count the last series which catered too blatantly towards those seeking wank fodder. Or the air head model in the first series. Huh, you get the point

Emily Dunn used to be in Bits and now does the Sci Fi games show, shes a very good games presenter I reckon.

There was also Thumb Bandits which a lot of people had problems with because of (TV's) Ian Lee, which I thought was ok. Main problem with Thumb Bandits seemed to be tight schedules and small budgets. It was co-presented by Aleks Krotoski, also formerly of Bits and another good games presenter

A games show with Dominik Diamond, Aleks Krotoski and Emily Dunn would be ideal...

Comment

Another cool thing about Bits was the famously scary fans. The show always seemed quite happy about them in an arms-length sort of way.

This is... well, it is:

and less scary but impressively obsessive:

Comment

Working...
                                X