X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Without a doubt

Comment

I absolutely LOVE the PC Engine Duo R!

I've never owned one but a lot of them pass through my hands for modding and to this day it's gorgeous!

Comment

Originally posted by Fastware
        Originally posted by MD
        Somehow I can't see the Megadrive being an elite gamers console as hardly anyone really collects it.
        I only need 160-ish games for a complete Japanese Megadrive collection. Am I L3373?
        Not as l33t3 as MD who only needs about 4....

I'm loving my PC Engine set up. I have one of the white ones with the CDROM2 add on. Looks great. However I have to buy some proper games for it. Only have about 4 at the moment and they are mostly crap.

Comment

He must be the only one that can't find a Jap Megadrive Fifa!

Comment

Originally posted by Fastware
            I only need 160-ish games for a complete Japanese Megadrive collection. Am I L3373?
            Nah as

1) You've not mentioned how many games you have
            2) The Megadrive isn't a elite gamers console. Unless you have Japanese released Acclaim games which come in UK boxes making it look like you have PAL games in your collection when in fact you have fairly rare Japanese games.

He must be the only one that can't find a Jap Megadrive Fifa!
            Not yet but I will. I'll hold up Japanese game shops until I find one. Although sadly it's still not overly common, probably more Alien Soldiers around then FIFAs, although have the former. ^_^;

Comment

I still think that collecting purely Japanese MD games is very much a passtime for the 'so-called elite' when viewed in the same light the machines you've talked about. Large range of games which vary massively in price due to print runs / availability? Games which are worth a pittance in their Western guises but command huge values in their Japanese iterations? Incredible differences in the quality of the artwork between Japanese and Western territories, thus increasing collectability? Wide range of machines releases, a la PCE?

Sounds pretty 1337 to me

Comment

Working from a list of all Japanese megadrive games that you created a couple of years ago I have about 600 Japanese Megadrive games.
                I've not got ant Acclaim games yet apart from NBA Jam.
                Guess I'm just a casual then

Comment

No wonder some people believe 'elite' is a synonym for 'stupid'.

Comment

Does anyone have a link to MDs list please?

Comment

Why not include the SG-1000. The mark II is just the prettiest console ever made.

Comment

It looks horrible.

Comment

I have a Mark II and I love its futuristic 70's stylings. Nicely bookends Sega's console history as the Dreamcast is the same colour.

Comment

The Master System and SG-1000 Mark 1 looks sexier, but each to their own.

600 Megadrive games huh? Given that there are just over 420 games, me thinks someones telling fibbies.

Comment

Dang, all I have is the Duo-R, and apart from a neogeo none of the others interest me.

Clearly I am not the elite collector I thought I was.

Anyway, if your going for rare, unheard of and overpriced systems, youve gotta include the:
                              Bandai Pippin

Ugly, rare, expensive, huge, and basically a Mac in a console box with the Bandai logo. Oh, and it has the cheesiest name ever.
                              Imagine saying to a friend
                              Im off to play with my Pippin, toodaloo!

Comment

Had an @World for a while but got fed up not being able to get any games even remotely cheap for it so sold it for a packet to a geezer in Brazil

Comment

Working...
                                X