5 Consoles for the so called elite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MD, the tension is killing.

Though id agree with mayhem, the Vectrex is a definite contender.

Comment

I bet the only reason most of you have ever heard of a Vectrex is because everyone screamed "IT HAD AN ANALOGUE STICK!" when the N64 was released.

Comment

Yes. That's right.

Comment

When muthafakers were first playing their speccy 16's and early CBM64's , i had a
          MATTLE AQUARIUS! WITH 16K ADDED = 20K!

(NB - i'm unsure if the word 'leet' or 'sheet' applies here).

Comment

erm... n64? analogue sticks?

I know about vectrex because I played on one....
            Space war, reason enough for me to want the system.

Comment

Atari 5200 had analog sticks as well, though anyone knows they were also the contender for worst stick ever too.

I've had a Vectrex for years, and knew about them when they came out. Just too damn expensive however compared to the 2600 to get one then...
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

what about the M2?

i heard a few of the prototypes made escaped to a few collectors, also a game or two was lost in the system belived to be with a collector?

Comment

Protos don't really count as they are likely to be with idiots with too much money rather then proper collectors.

Although most of the M2 units floating around are just the CD-ROM units rather then any of the proper hardware....

Comment

will we ever find out what number 5 is ????

Comment

"Although most of the M2 units floating around are just the CD-ROM units rather then any of the proper hardware...."

The Konami arcade games (4 of them) - run on what is effectively an M2 (or at least, that's what i believe to be the case).

I have Tobe! Polystars at home - it's not bad - nice corrective 3d.
                      It would have been nice to see what it could have done, the people i know who worked on the M2 said very nice things about it.

Comment

Is number five still alive? Come on Barry, let us know!!

Comment

It's got to be the Sam Coupe. Am i right or am i right?!

Comment

Sam Coupe? Several years too late, too expensive, too little software, not that much different from a Spectrum (yeah yeah it has a 16 colour mode, a Z80B and a 6 channel sqaure note sound chip, but too little too late...), it was also buggy and require a ROM upgrade or for you to remember a CALL depending on how much memory you had, had buggy mouse and MIDI ports too... Sounds like a computer you bought if you enjoyed S&M...

Comment

Sam Coupe !!! ive got one of those up in my loft. What a waste of time. I sold my speccy and hundreds of games to buy one of them. I still regret doing it to this day.

Only machine ive really screwed up buying. Might have to dig it out and see if it stil works just to punish myself.

I hadnt heard anything about the machine for years & years and then in the last few months if read seen articles and postings on the thing.

Is there a Sam Coupe revival coming ???

God i hope not.

Comment

Number 5 is alive.

Feel free to rip the p out of the final choices.

Comment

Working...
                                X