No announcement yet.

5 Consoles for the so called elite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pippin / @mark doesn't cut any ice due to the several lack of games or anything remotely playable... It's like removing your manhood to speak a little higher...

Same could be said for the Bandai Playdia too, unless playing fairly poor Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball, Hello Kitty or Ultraman games is your thing. It has some games that are a laugh (literally) for 5 minutes although, better stop there before someone accuses me of being a paedo.

The Sega Pico is the ultimate in pointless add ons. In two minds whether to add this on. Going to buy one when I'm in Japan. ^_^;

Although being an elite gamer would be the unreleased Taito console... ^_^;

Still I'll keep you hanging for number 5.

Comment

There are a couple (literally) of playable games for the pippin. I have Racing Days (Gran Turismo style racer) and Shockwave for it that are playable and the Gundam game is not too unplayable.

And if your getting really desperate you get Tetris Plus on the "Please" disc that comes with the machine.

Comment

3 hmm, that's still less then the number of playable games on the PC-FX and that had a lot less titles made. ^_^;

Comment

Apparently there are some more EA branded games out for it but I have never been able to track any more down.

I think it's a similar number to the PC FX but it doesn't have anything as good as Chip Chan Kick.

Comment

Does anyone have a idea what tatsujin oh is worth?
            What price did the marty collectors pay for it?

Ta for any info.

Comment

Tatsujin Oh is worth a fekking fortune if it's complete and fully boxed. VGI generally sell them for about ?180 which is pretty steep. I paid $120 US for mine.

Sure MD will tell you that it's available for a fiver in Japan though

Comment

Heh, no. It's come down in price a fair bit in the last few years though as lots of copies seem to surface.

Still anywhere around ?50 to ?100 is a reasonable price.

Comment

Best game on the Marty ....and a superb conversion.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, much appeciated.

I always take the prices on that vgi website with a pinch of salt.
                    Tatsujin is 129 quid on there UNBOXED!? It can stay there along with the 50 quid soukygurntai's as far as im concerned.

50-100 sounds more reasonable, I would pay that.
                    It's frustrating that all the rated games are pricey tho.

Ta.

Comment

If you have the machine it really is worth getting though, it's superb.

Then you can try and hunt down Splatterhouse on it. Easily the best conversion of it.

Comment

"Sure MD will tell you that it's available for a fiver in Japan "

unfortunately, i've seen very few Marty games....
                        infact, i picked up my (boxed!) Marty about 2 years ago, and so far have ONE obscure hentai game for it....

I just haven't seen any other games in Aki.

I'm sure i'm gonna drag around Aki with MD, so we'll be racing to pick up stuff!

Comment

Well I agree with 3 of the 4 so far... the odd one out? PC Engine. I know a slew of people in the US who have one, whom I would not consider to be elitist or hardcore. Many of them just wanted to play the games that it has to offer, and got one instead of say buying a SNES or Megadrive.

If you then talk about all the different formats that games came on, and trying to get hold of everything... THEN I would say that person is elitist

So what's #5? NGPC? Vectrex? I'd almost throw in the Atari 2600, because let's face it, no one is ever going to get a complete collection of that (though people are trying) and there are still protos and new discovered games being found all the time. Plus the homebrew scene that has sprung up means games are still being made.
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

MSX..... still has a loyal following in Japan and in the west..

Comment

This is a great thread.

I would definately agree with the pc engine being included in this thread.
                              Sure there are plenty of games to choose from, and it's pretty inexpensive to get a nice little decent collection together.
                              I agrre, it can never be an elitist console imo, it's too accesable.

But once you get onto the really rare stuff, it certainly goes into hardcore territory if you are serious about collecting. (I'm not that serious though. )
                              The pc engine has some of the most expensive CD software I have ever seen for any console.

You could easily buy 2 expensive mint aes metal slugs for the price of of a fully packaged akiyama benevolence mook on the pc engine. (Going from japanese game shop prices I have heard/seen in photo's.)
                              And I understand the special CD versions of the P mahjong's are wallet burstingly expensive...Saphire doesn't get a look in compared to the prices of these.
                              Then there is the special version Hu's (Darius alpha + that gold baseball hucard etc)

Even some of the "cheaper" games are expensive most of the time.
                              If that isn't hardcore territory then I don't know what is, makes my eyes water thinking how much it would take to get a complete collection of the proper rare stuff.

I am probably biased because I really like the image of the pc engine, imo it's a gamers console to begin with then it quickly turns into something much more hardcore than anything imaginable.
                              One of the most challenging formats to collect for imo.
                              Just my 2p's worth.

Comment

The PC Engine is there mainly because fewer people are going to have one then the Megadrive, Super Famicom, Saturn, etc, etc.... Yes you can pick one up and yes you can buy a good selection of games for it for a reasonable price, but you can be pretty sure that Mr Casual gamer won't have one. The PC Engine also has more games then most other consoles that sell for prices that you would need to remortgage your house for...

Still number 5 will be interesting... ^_^

Comment

Working...
                                X