Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

o come on we want number 5 !!!!!

Comment

Number 5 will clearly be the Dreamcast, what with its relative failure, many limited editions and special editions, and low production runs of later games.

Comment

Er click on Page 1 and read the first post as I've edited it.

Comment

copout!

Comment

Instead of creating a new thread I thought I would ask a few questions in here since it's one of my favourite threads.

A while ago I seen an analogue joypad that could be used on the marty and possibly the x68000, msx and megadrive.
            The joypad looks massive, a bit like an oversized xbox pad.
            Has anyone tried it at all? Is there any mention on the boxes of megadrive games that support it? (Afterburner/space harrier/outrun/etc)

And, does anyone have a link to the games ving made for the marty, did ving or anyone port slap fight/alcon or fire shark to the marty?
            I know the mega drive got those games but I can't find any info if they were released on any other japanese consoles.

Any kind of list with any of the decent games would be incredibly useful, nothing in english comes up on google when I search.

Cheers for any info.

Comment

Ah the Dempa XE-1AP, it is indeed very large and I have one. ^_^

It is a very nice Analogue joypad, if hard to hold. Has two screwholes to adjust it... ^_^;

Not many games supported it but

Afterburner 2 - Dempa (only Megadrive game they made too...)
              Ayton Sennas Super Monaco GP 2 - Sega
              Musha Aleste - Toaplan / Compile
              Galaxy Force 2 - CRI
              Fastest One - Human
              All did, some played better then others...

Also on the Super 32X
              Space Harrier - Sega
              Afterburner Complete - Sega

Not all of these games mention they support the XE-1AP (like the Super 32X games) but these 7 are the only ones that do.

As for Ving games, I have two catalogues which have a large number of Ving games (although I only have Super Real Mahjong IV and it's still in Japan...). ^_^;

Big Al has quite a collection, beats my 10 games so you could ask him.

Comment

Your a star MD, that is exactly the joypad I was wondering about.
                Cheers for the info about those MD games.
                I had no idea who made it, it's very surprising to find out it was made by the same guys who made the excellent xe-1 pro for pce. (Hence my user name )

I found a website with a couple of pce joypads including the XE-1AP here:
                www6.airnet.ne.jp/wataru/ pce/pce_pad.htm

Hmm, one more question though m8, has that got different connectors for all consoles. Or are there specific models for different machines?
                9800 yen was very expensive though, thats the most expensive joypad i've ever seen. and also the same price as the pro joysticks.

Regarding ving stuff, any info in those catalogues is useful.
                I know a couple of the volume numbers, but there are loads of gaps.
                Give us a hand please Big-al!!

Here is what I have seen so far, if I am wrong about something being a ving game soz about that.
                Please feel free to add anything else to the list or anything.
                Any help is useful, it might be helpful to someone in the future, then again it may not.

Vol ?: Final blow.
                Vol ?: Pi li ru la.
                Vol?: New zealand story.
                Vol?: PIV mahjong.
                Vol?: Tatsujin oh.
                Vol?: Operation wolf.
                Vol?: Chase hq.
                Vol?: Flying shark.
                Vol?: Viewpoint.
                Vol6 Image fight.
                Vol 12: Rainbow islands.
                Vol 13 Splatterhouse.

I'm unsure if raiden is a ving game so I left it out.

Cheers.

Comment

I don't have the full list of what game Ving made. This site is as close I have seen to a marty master list but it has FM Towns games on it too.

It's in Japanese so you'll have to babelfish it.

I'm pretty certain Slap Fight and Fire Shark never got ported but I may be wrong. The Marty keeps on surprising me when I find more games for it.

These are games I have that I think are made by Ving and not on your list but I'd have to dig out the boxes to double check. I'm not 100% sure who made these -

Bubble Bobble
                  ku2++
                  volfied (definitely Ving, box is in front of me 8) )
                  Mad Stalker
                  Puyo Puyo

Not sure about most of them though.

By the way, I havea spare Viewpoint (CD only though) and Flying Shark (boxed in NM condition) if your interested. Flying Shark wouldn't be cheap though 8)

Comment

The XE-1AP uses a 9 Pin D type socket, as the Megadrive, MSX, X68000, FM Towns and PC-xx01 series all use 9 Pin D socket it works on them all.

The stick is very well built, and has an analogue joystick and a rotatable (from left to right to up and down although you could use it diagonally too....) speed type controller as well as various fire buttons on the front. Ayrton Sennas Super Monaco GP 2 is fairly dull whilst playing via Joypad but is quite good when using analogue controls and it feels more like racing rather then moving joypad in right direction. Fastest one is also good as you have to learn braking and cornering as you can spin the car too easily if you steer too hard.

According to a source the only reason that Space Harrier and Afterburner Complete on Super 32X supported the XE-1AP was because they wanted to make it easy to port to the Saturn. The UK versions of SH and AC do support the XE-1AP.

So how many shiney pennies are those FM Towns games then? 8)

The list is very useful, sadly it doesn't specifically say which games are FM Towns Marty compatable and there are lots of Hentai games listed in there too. ^o^ I did hold back and not buy reams of hentai games to bolster up my Towns collection, although T&E Golf is deffinately the largest FM Towns box I've seen it makes a sheet of A3 paper look small. ^_^;

Comment

Cheers for the link Big-al, after a couple of sessions doing some surfing I came up with this list. (I can't take much credit as a couple of ebay sellers gave me quite a bit of info.)

Full list of ving games off the link Big-al posted.

There are 27 ving releases, a couple of games are not on the below list.
                      One of the games with question marks below is called brandia/blandia, a fighting game which came packaged with a joypad.
                      I'm not quite sure what is marty compatible at the moment.

In order of release dates on that japanese list:

New zealand story
                      Final blow
                      Operation wolf.
                      Puzznic.
                      Bubble bobble.
                      Image fight.
                      Palamedes.
                      Volfied.
                      Life and death.
                      P 2 3 mahjong.
                      Rainbow islands extra.
                      Splatterhouse.
                      Life and death II. The brain.
                      Super real mahjong p2&3 +
                      Tatsujin oh.
                      Flying shark.
                      ???????
                      View point.
                      Kyu tiger.
                      Legend of valour.
                      Super real mahjong IV
                      Magic the gathering?
                      ????????
                      ????????
                      ????????
                      Eye of the beholder 3.
                      Pi li ru la.

One of the guys I spoke to mentioned that the volume numbers are very misleading, apparently a couple of the games have the same volume number and the volume numbers don't match the order they were released.

Pilirula and rainbow islands extra both have vol 12 on the spine of the boxes, and kyukyoku toger and bubble bobble have vol 5 written on the spines.
                      Everyone seems to have their marty stuff packed away in boxes so I don't know the volume numbers yet, what is it with the marty collectors and storage boxes eh?

I still have some people to get back to me with some volume numbers.
                      I'll edit my above post if I get any replies.

>Big-al.
                      Cheers for the offer m8, I am waiting to drop something on a decent marty package first. (Unless something interesting is silly cheap.)
                      The prices of marty stuff is wierd though, some stuff is as cheap as chips and other stuff is a bit pricey, there doesn't seem to be any middle ground at all.

>MD.
                      Cheers again for the info, especially on the MD and 32X games.
                      Playing monaco GP 2 using an analogue stick, now that sounds interesting.
                      I'm definately gonna try and track one down, I don't fancy spending the original retail of 50 quid on it though.

Thats what I thought about the connector, I didn't know if it had any attachments packaged in with it like the hori multi stick or similar.
                      The pic of it on the link I posted made me confused more than I am already.

Another question.
                      What the blinking flip does the slider on the right do?

Cheers.

Comment

Some nice info there, cheers for passing it on 8)

From your list these are all definitely Marty compatible (ie I've tested them on mine)

New Zealand Story
                        Final Blow
                        Op Wolf
                        Bubble Bobble
                        Image Fight
                        Volfied
                        Rainbow Islands Extra
                        Blandia
                        Splatterhouse
                        Tatsujin Oh
                        Flying Shark
                        Viewpoint
                        Kyu Tiger
                        Pu Li Ru La.

Not got the others so I can't confirm them.

One of the ebay seller inter-connection by any chance? If so you should buy from him with confidence. He is without doubt the best seller I've found on ebay.

As for the Marty compatibility I was always under the impression that it was the marty's lack of memory that caused the problems. I finally managed to track down a 4 Meg expansion for it and still cannot get some of the games to work.

I'm not sure whether it should work or whether the memory is faulty which given it's age is highly likely. Anyone got this and managed to get it to work?

I've tried it with Kingdom Grandprix, Super Streetfighter II and Syndicate Wars with no success 8(

Comment

Hmm, I have a game called Pu Li Ru La for the Saturn, its a 2d sidescrolling platformer/beat em up(in the loosest sense). Is the Marty game you're talking about the very same?

Geezer

Comment

It was the least I could do mate, there isnt much info on the marty so I thought it was worth a shot to ask a couple of sellers and put some japanese names in a search engine.

Yeah inter-connection was one of the guys I asked, he seems to love the marty.
                            Surprised I got an email off him to be honest, I asked him about selling something privately before and I got the impression he couldnt be arsed answering questions.
                            Then I got a massive email about the marty, I must have caught him on a good day or summat.

Marty compatibility is something I would like to know about before I take the plunge, especially information about the mk1 and mk2 marty and if the car marty is based on a 386 or 486 processor.
                            Nothings mentioned if the games play better on the 486 mk2, the websites I have seen cover the hardware but nothing is mentioned about the games.
                            The link you gave is the only website with any detailed info on.

I have no idea about the 4 meg either, no websites mention anything about that upgrade to the marty.
                            Does it make a difference when you use it with the games that work?

I wonder how kingdom grandprix compares to the saturn game.
                            is there no way at all to get that running?
                            About viewpoint, how does that compare to the neo version?
                            Does it hold up well?

>Geezer.
                            I have pulirula for the playstation, it looks a bit gay but suprisingly its quite a nice game.
                            It's one of the tripiest games i have ever seen for sure.
                            I think its the same game, Big-al is the best man to confirm that.

Cheers.

Comment

Ian (interconnection) doesn't really sell much outside of ebay, only if he really gets to know you so don't take that personally! He loves the Marty and PC Engine so loves talking to people about them.

You know, I actually have a car marty up in the loft that I'd forgotten about! I'll try and check over the weekend to see if the extra memory slots in anywhere on that.

The memory made no noticable difference in any of the games that worked previously but as I say, I don't even know if the memory card is working.

Viewpoint compares quite well to the Neo Geo version. It has the 2 player mode but does have some borders strangely down the sides of the screen. Not quite as good as the Playstation version that came out but that was to be expected.

I actually have an FM Towns Emulator for the PC, supposed to run all marty and FM Towns II games but I've never managed to get it to work. The guy who gave me it says it runs perfect on his machine though. it's only 1 Meg in size so let me know if you want me to email you it to try.

You'll need to get a game to test of course.

Pu Li Ru La is indeed the same game as the saturn, totally mental but surprisingly good.

Comment

Working...
                              X