Fighter Overload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by innovator
    You're a petty little man so I don't expect you to understand this.
    Thanks for concluding that from a couple of lines of discussion on an internet forum.

Perhaps I wrote a moronic analogy because I find your logic, well, moronic?

Comment

Originally posted by Brats
      The UK law concerning whole back up thing is a bit grey. The law states that you are allowed to make back ups, but ELSPA have taken people to court who have taken back ups of games and used them in ways other than just keeping a back up in the cupboard 'just in case'.
      The law in the UK got a whole lot blacker since the UK's adoption of the most recent EU Copyright Direction (I can provide a likn if anyone's really interested). The new law is quite firm on the matter. Copying a Neo Geo rom from your own cart to your hard disk would be copyright infringement, as is copying a cd to your hard disk or your ipod.

Before everyone goes up in arms saying 'ipods aren't illegal you twat', copying a bought cd to one of them is. You are of course free to put your own personally made tracks on your ipod, but who has 40 gigs of their own music?

There is no way that anyone will sue you for what is clearly intended by Apple to be normal use of your ipod, but according to the letter of the law, it isn't allowed. The strict wording of the law is necessary to catch those making thousands of copies.

Back to the subject of roms. The whole 'backup' argument is purely accedemic if your are downloading these roms. Even under the old law that was clearly copyright infringement. If someone else makes the 'backup' it is an "infringing copy" and not a backup if you see what I mean.

Comment

FFS stop whinging. It's time to talk about NG games again

Comment

Originally posted by Electric Boogaloo
          FFS stop whinging. It's time to talk about NG games again
          Ay lets talk about Terry, Mai and co.

So far I've had Kyo recommended as a good starting character, now if I'm playing any of the KoF games I'm going to need to master at least 3 characters. Personally I'm liking Terry as most of his stuf is pretty easy to pull off.

That leaves a slot for 1 more, which I'm currently trying out Mai, but I can't seem to make her do anything particularly impressive. Maybe I'm too **** to play her.

Comment

Clark and Yashiro are ****ing devastating in 98, if you are gonna try and get into KOF you'll do well to concentrate on 98. Both characters can be all over you from the word go it's well worth getting one of them down as the style of rushing into the opponent with grabs will be a good contrast to your Kyo.

Clark is just massive fun to play as, I cant help laughing while throwing people around the screen and bussing t3h People's Elbow!

Comment

I like Mai in 98. She's got that fantastic spinning fan attack (DP+P I think) and the sliding kick followed by a throwing fan is always a good start.

My current characters are Iori, Athena and Mai. Just beginning to learn Joe however. He's devastating in KOF 2000.

All I need now are 97 and 02 and I've got the set. 94 and 95 do feel very dated and limited. The series really takes off from 96.

In 03 I'm using Ash, Duo Lon and Athena.

Once you start playing KOF it's like an addiction. I much prefer the style and play of the SNK fighters over the Capcom ones. Not sure why really.

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                Clark and Yashiro are ****ing devastating in 98, if you are gonna try and get into KOF you'll do well to concentrate on 98. Both characters can be all over you from the word go it's well worth getting one of them down as the style of rushing into the opponent with grabs will be a good contrast to your Kyo.

Clark is just massive fun to play as, I cant help laughing while throwing people around the screen and bussing t3h People's Elbow!
                It's all about Goro Daimon.

Comment

Working...
                X