Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the rarest, most desirable, most collectable game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ginger Tosser
    I think there is a difference between rare and desirable, i mean Bubbler on the Sinclair Spectrum is ****e but still sells for over ?50-60 it cant be that rare as theres one every week on ebay at the moment.
    Agreed. It's been interesting reading how people have interpreted this question.

Comment

Kizuna Encounter Euro version, wasn't that the one Edge said there was only two in the world of?

I can't find the issue, but the one guy they interviewed who owned one copy said he'd pay some obcene amount just to have proof the other one exists.

Was it Kizuna Encounter, or something ending in 'Tag Battle'? Damn, where's that issue!?!

Comment

[QUOTE=Big Al]Derinpa Deluxe is to the best of my knowledge the rarest of the Saturn games.QUOTE]

Ever since I've heard about this title I've been wondering what it's like or even about. I've heard tell it's a motorbike game or something to that effect. Yet finding any info on it has been nigh on impossible, even with the Internet. I think I remember reading on here sometime back you saying that you had it or you knew someone that had it. If so then please put my weary mind at rest

Comment

Kizuna Encounter Euro version, wasn't that the one Edge said there was only two in the world of?

I can't find the issue, but the one guy they interviewed who owned one copy said he'd pay some obcene amount just to have proof the other one exists.

Was it Kizuna Encounter, or something ending in 'Tag Battle'? Damn, where's that issue!?!

Four confirmed copies, at the moment.
          Last edited by Treble; 20-05-2004, 19:23.

Comment

Arashikage-iirc Big Al does have it. It's a motorbike racing game, I don't think it was even commercially released and has an extremely tiny print run. Something tells me that it would only be the most hardcore of collectors that would be after it though, thankfully its not a killer app otherwise I'd have busted the piggy bank for it too

edit-oh yeah, ask Big Al how many times he's played it

Comment

Heh I can imagine it isn't the most playable game in the world, from what I saw on the back the case it kinda looked that way. Still it's always been an enigma ever since I saw it in Tokyo. Another game I saw there was a Chronotrigger variant in a Mandarake store. It stood out because of the gold box. To my knowledge it's the most priciest SFC game, it was nigh on quadruple the price of Rendering Ranger, maybe even higher.

Comment

Yes it is a motorbike racing game, not the best but no worse than average. Not worth the money from a gaming point of view. It is very hard to find info and pics of this game on the net for some reason. Maybe the people that have it are afraid to expose it to light or something!

Anyway, here is a pic of mine -

Sorry for the slightly blurry pic 8(

And another couple of rarities -

And by the way Geezer, I have played it.

Once

[QUOTE=Arashikage]
                Originally posted by Big Al
                Derinpa Deluxe is to the best of my knowledge the rarest of the Saturn games.QUOTE]

Ever since I've heard about this title I've been wondering what it's like or even about. I've heard tell it's a motorbike game or something to that effect. Yet finding any info on it has been nigh on impossible, even with the Internet. I think I remember reading on here sometime back you saying that you had it or you knew someone that had it. If so then please put my weary mind at rest

Comment

Ah cheers for that! It's crazy to see that you've actually got it, how much did it set you back?

btw: nice collection of neo games, could make out Ghostlop, Bang Bead, Pochi & Nyaa, but having trouble identifying the last one.

Comment

Yeah the photos are a bit crap.

The last Neo game was Zintrick.

Derinpa did cost a hell of a lot but I bought it in a package with Toramaru and some other fairly expensive stuff so it's hard to tell. Over a grand though.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezer
                      The Ooze and Comix Zone are very expensive on the Mega Drive (they are the 2 rarest games iirc).
                      Get outta here, they are two Japanese games which are around 80 to 100 quid but aren't that rare. Now Maximum Carniage in it's European box retailing for around 350 quid is another thing and thats not even mentioning Justice League... ^_^;

If I had a grand I could finish off my Sega Japanese Megadrive collection but I would struggle to finish off my Acclaim and Electronic Arts collection, mainly as most are fecking rare... Want to finish off my Mega CD collection and can I find Psychic Detective Orgel? Like fun I can and can I find a collector who has one? Well a couple claim to have it but refuse to back this up with any photos....

JPN MD collecting is a funny game, a few of the games are much more expensive than the PAL/US variants. As much as I love JPN games it doesnt make sense to go for a JPN MD collection(for me).
                      But the Ooze has a much nicer box then the US/Euro one... ^_^

Although given that Electronic Arts have err very similar boxes and the Acclaim games because they were releasing games in Japan just so that they could get a much better licencing deal in Europe and the US where they were making a lot of money decided that the last few games would go in modified European box (ie a stick on the barcode and maybe a T number change) with a b&w instruction manual and a Japanese Cartridge. So for nearly 100 times the money you get a different shaped cartridge and a low quality instruction manual that makes the photocopied manuals that Telegames made for Atari 2600 and PC Engine games look professional... ^_^; Somehow I don't think I'll be getting a complete Jap MD collection. ^_^;

Still rare, ie unplayable Mathmatic games on the PC Engine and Desirable, ie Radiant Silvergun on Saturn (saw more copies of this in Japan then I did of Sonic The Hedgehog on the Megadrive...) are not the same thing.

Still did see that Motorbike racing game on the Saturn quite a few times in Japan (although still for a fair chunk of money...), seems that what the most desirable and rarest game in Japan is changes as more 'Not for Sale' games come out of the woodwork.
                      Last edited by MD; 21-05-2004, 12:58.

Comment

I quite like Bubbler on the Speccy, don't have an original but like you say, ?50-60 on ebay if you want one,
                        People pay over ?600 for a complete mint set of Ultimate games (inc. Bubbler).

All the Speccy game Roms (think there were only about a dozen released) - for the Interface II are quite rare and pricey in good nick.

Comment

Originally posted by davidholliss
                          IPeople pay over ?600 for a complete mint set of Ultimate games (inc. Bubbler).
                          Do they? They've gone up in value if that's the case.

I have them all (including the original cardboard boxes, not the double cassette releases) including Bubbler, Martianoids and Cyberrun.

I don't think I'd sell them though. They look amazing.

Comment

last year I saw a full original set in absolute mint condition go for ?710 on one of the Speccy forums, not often you see a full set auctioned off on ebay though, prehaps my figure is a bit high, what did you think they were worth ?

Comment

Well I know someone who (a few years ago, prior to the Ebay explosion) paid ?1000 for a complete set of Ultimate games which included the fairly hard to find Complete Box Set, all the mastertronic /us-gold re-releases (which there are quite a few and all the Sinclair Interface II cartridges and Silver Label versions of the games, it also came with a mint Samsung made Sinclair Spectrum 48K (which in itself is fairly uncommon), a mint Sinclair Interface II, Some Kemptson and Quickshot joysticks and a bundle of other games. Mad was the word I used. Probably worth more then that now... ^_^;

Comment

I suppose I've only seen them go individually which aside from the later releases are not that much (?20 odd) so I figured a complete set would be worth around ?150-?200. The really early cassette games (Jetpac, LJM, Psst!, Cookie and Trans Am) I have seen go for pennies. I thought it was only the carboard releases (Sabre Wulf, Underwurlde, Knigh Lore, Alien 8, Gunfright etc) and the later games that were worth anything at all.

I have one unboxed rom cart of Pssst! around somewhere, plus some copied versions of Jetpac on Microdrive. I never bothered with the US Gold re-releases of the original games. I only have the non-cardboard versions of the later games and very early games.

I have about four copies of Jetpac, but none are the ACG branded versions unfortunately .

Comment

Working...
                                X