Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the rarest, most desirable, most collectable game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buster_broon
    make him an offer

Richard is quite good that way

dealt with him recently and bought a brand new kof 2003 (with flyer and poster) for ?200 shipped via special delivery

thats less than the new price from the neo store with the dollar conversion
    I'll see if he has a Japanese insert

BTW, KOF 03, good isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Super Monkey Balls
      I'll see if he has a Japanese insert

BTW, KOF 03, good isn't it?
      havent had the chance to play it yet as it was shipped to my work address but it looks pretty nice, couple of new characters, some make a return and some get a makeover

from what i read on the neo forums its pretty good, no longer deals with orochi or nests, just an out and out tournament

**edit**
      i dont really own any super rare games - i think, but i have seen photo's of shaq fu and casltevania on the neo geo mirk: :wink:
      Last edited by buster_broon; 25-05-2004, 18:00.

Comment

MD probably seen Shaq Fu on Neo in Japan for 1000 yen

Comment

hmmmm, see the pride of my saturn collection, is the lowly Sega Rally, it might be worth peanuts but it's my favourite, therefore the one I treasure the most, tho I do own a few of the rarer PAL saturn titles, I don't enjoy owning them as much as good old 20p Sega Rally

I think the best collections are ones with games that the owner loves, rather than has for the sake of having em (i.e. really really rare) as I can't justify huge ammounts of money on tat (apart from when completing my DC collection as that was going for every PAL game released which I'm now looking to extending to non pal release US games and playable japanese games) if your going for full sets, then fair enough, but if ur jus collecting a nice games collection for playing, then there is little need for "showpieces" imo.

Comment

Glad to see this thread hasn't evolved into a bunch of 16 year olds slagging off "sad" collectors, as is usually the case on various forums.
            Not yet anyway.
            Hehe, I find this comment ironic because I'm a 16 year old games pseudo-collector :P I never understood people calling collectors "sad" either, it's just a hobby like any other... it's like collecting stamps only you can play on the stuff you collect rather than just look at it.

Comment

After learning on Top Gear last night that people spend 11 grand on a Pigeon suddenly Kizuna doesn't seem THAT silly.

Comment

After learning on Top Gear last night that people spend 11 grand on a Pigeon suddenly Kizuna doesn't seem THAT silly.
                but if you road test your kizuna would it beat a street Ka

if you threw it down the road it might get 15 metres not 100 miles

away the pigeons

Comment

Hmmm
                  I saw loads of Radiant Silverun games in Akiba, but could only find 1 Super Mario World Cart, and that was like 35 quid.
                  Saturn D&D seemd to be the most expensive saturn game in march, more expensive than RS.
                  RS ?75-80
                  D&D ?100-110
                  For some reason, there are some members on this board, who have never been to Akiba, doubt RS's rarity/value in Nihon.
                  Well only 10,000 were made, and if you get it for less than ?80 i would be amazed.
                  Rarest game i ever owned, was Terranigma sold for ?60 last year.
                  The most collectable games i have are the complete Square SFC collection
                  Very nice indeed

Comment

For a game that is only meant to have 10,000 copies printed up it seems awfully common, as it appears on Ebay a lot and I did see it for reasonable amounts of money in several (at least 4) stores in Akihabra. To put it into context Alien Soldier on Megadrive was made in simular numbers and that's a little more tricky to find and is more expensive...

Complete Sqaure SFC collection? Congrats, thats what? 19 Games? Now try for the harder (and probably more playable) FC collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Jushin-Thunder-Liger
                      The most collectable games i have are the complete Square SFC collection
                      Very nice indeed
                      Got all except for Alcahest

Comment

Maximum Carnage!!
                        Is that the most expensive MD game then?

Geezer

Comment

Feel free to agree/disagree but wouldn't it be excellent if someone with a love and passion for videogames did a "Charles Saatchi " and bought copies of the most celebrated and rarest videogames/consoles to me made available for a public exhibition.

Discuss

Comment

Why? What do you define as a Rare and what would make a rare game more intresting then a uncommon game thats playable?

Comment

That is so pointless, games are meant to be played as far as I'm concerned.
                              An exhibition of genre defining games/trendsetters and all-time greats would be a much better idea imo.

Comment

Fair enough point taken, will return to Disgaea now.

Comment

Working...
                                X