Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the rarest, most desirable, most collectable game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although i didn't like bubbler, its part my Ultimate collection (some bloke gave me it when i brought a ?20 boxed mint spectrum 48k on ebay!). I need martainoids and the collected works to complete the original speccy line up.

As you can see from my draw of spectrum
    Last edited by Ginger Tosser; 22-05-2004, 16:34.

Comment

Originally posted by MD
      Get outta here, they are two Japanese games which are around 80 to 100 quid but aren't that rare. Now Maximum Carniage in it's European box retailing for around 350 quid is another thing and thats not even mentioning Justice League... ^_^;

But the Ooze has a much nicer box then the US/Euro one... ^_^

Still did see that Motorbike racing game on the Saturn quite a few times in Japan (although still for a fair chunk of money...), seems that what the most desirable and rarest game in Japan is changes as more 'Not for Sale' games come out of the woodwork.
      Well, I got told
      So which are the 5 rarest MD games would you say?
      I'm with you on The Ooze's boxart. I never new it went for ?80-100 in Japan, VGI sell it for silly money, same goes for Comix Zone.

Also, how much did you see Derinpa Deluxe for in Japan?

Geezer

Comment

I've seen Derinpa Deluxe go for roundabout 180000 yennys in Trader 2 and Mandarake in Tokyo. Also I wouldn't be surprised if they've got a hoard of them there. When I bought Vampire Killer on the Megadrive in Trader 2, I had a quick peek in their storeroom (it's literally a sliding door) and they had nearly an entire shelf of Vampire Killer's just waiting to be bought. The stock of rare games in Akihabara must be monumental, (although finding any decent PS1 games proved a fruitless search, still going back in September so I'll hopefully be able to find some this time)

Comment

Theres only one prototype SNES Cartdrige of a very Early Mario 64 based on the Super FX Chip which is held at the Nintendo HQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Brats
            I suppose I've only seen them go individually which aside from the later releases are not that much (?20 odd) so I figured a complete set would be worth around ?150-?200. The really early cassette games (Jetpac, LJM, Psst!, Cookie and Trans Am) I have seen go for pennies. I thought it was only the carboard releases (Sabre Wulf, Underwurlde, Knigh Lore, Alien 8, Gunfright etc) and the later games that were worth anything at all.

I have one unboxed rom cart of Pssst! around somewhere, plus some copied versions of Jetpac on Microdrive. I never bothered with the US Gold re-releases of the original games. I only have the non-cardboard versions of the later games and very early games.

I have about four copies of Jetpac, but none are the ACG branded versions unfortunately .
            Whats the difference between the copies of Jetpac? I say this because i've got one from when i was a kid, when i got my first 48k when i was 4

Comment

Maximum Carnage is worth that much?! Damn, I used to have that bastard! Then I traded it in and never saw another copy I miss the lovely red box & cart...

Comment

It may not be the rarest, most collectible game but I would kill for a copy of Wonderboy 6 / Monster World 4 on the Megadrive.

Comment

It's not called Wonderboy VI, it's just called Monster World IV. I assume you mean the Westone game with the cute persian like girl in it with the weird blue monster in it. If so it's about 40 quid in Japan when I saw it (although I've already got it... ^_^; )

Maximum Carnage is only worth a ton of money if you have the Japanese version the American and European versions are worth diddly squat.

Comment

Glad to see this thread hasn't evolved into a bunch of 16 year olds slagging off "sad" collectors, as is usually the case on various forums.
                    Not yet anyway.

Big Al, how much did that Pochi no Nyaa conversion set you back and who the hell did it? I quite fancy having one when the MVS price hits average. I thought SNKP might release a home version actually. If they can make money out of SSO Special why not.

Comment

Pochi cost a fekking fortune but to the best of my knowledge I am the only person in the world who has one

The MVS had to be decrypted / cracked and 2 new carts had to be sac'd, Metal Slug 4 and KOF 2002 so it was expensive not even including time.

He is making another one but I've already claimed that too. I have someone in mind to sell that too. Should look good next to his Euro Kizuna!

Comment

Sweet jesus! I had no idea it involved that. I'll give that a miss and keep an eye out for a JPN Ghostlop instead. I hear it's a pretty decent game.

Comment

Ghostlop is a great game. You can get cheap conversions of that now that the ROM has been released. DreamstationX sells them I think for ?250. I paid a lot more than that for mine since I got it before it was so widely available. SOme you win some you lose 8(

Anyway, check out his website at www.neostore.f9.co.uk

He's a good guy to deal with too.

Comment

Yeah I saw he had one but it's US artwork and no offence to the guy but if he's selling for 250 I can get it for 200 or less if I'm patient.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Topp
                              Maximum Carnage is worth that much?! Damn, I used to have that bastard! Then I traded it in and never saw another copy I miss the lovely red box & cart...
                              Is the European SNES version worth anything?

And the other SpiderMan/Venom/Carnage-game "Seperation Anxiety"?

Love both games too!!

Comment

Originally posted by Super Monkey Balls
                                Yeah I saw he had one but it's US artwork and no offence to the guy but if he's selling for 250 I can get it for 200 or less if I'm patient.
                                make him an offer

Richard is quite good that way

dealt with him recently and bought a brand new kof 2003 (with flyer and poster) for ?200 shipped via special delivery

thats less than the new price from the neo store with the dollar conversion

Comment

Working...
                                X