Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the last couple of days the 'New Posts' feature doesn't seem to be working right. I'm not too sure if it's just delayed, but it certainly isn't fully up to date.

Comment

Just noticed also that the tags at the top of the forum (for console platforms etc.) don't seem to have any content attached to them. I assume someone needs to retroactively go back through the site content and tag it appropriately? (No, I'm not volunteering!)

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
        For the last couple of days the 'New Posts' feature doesn't seem to be working right. I'm not too sure if it's just delayed, but it certainly isn't fully up to date.
        Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

Comment

So this new way of database tracking renders the New Posts feature obsolete?

Comment

I think toythatkills just got confused with what you were referring to with "new posts".

There does seem to be a problem with the update speed of the "new posts" button. I'm looking into it.

Comment

Sorry. Comprehension fail

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                Just noticed also that the tags at the top of the forum (for console platforms etc.) don't seem to have any content attached to them. I assume someone needs to retroactively go back through the site content and tag it appropriately? (No, I'm not volunteering!)
                There almost no content yet.... I was just playing with the site. Wanted to check I can link things up properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Psyduck View Post
                  No, I can see the point of the new feature and it does sound good but having to remember to press a button is too much!
                  It's been that way with a few other sites I visit, so I'm used to hitting "mark all posts read" at the end of a session. I prefer it that way, in case I get distracted or interrupted, and I have to come back later to a forum; I still then can see where I haven't read new posts.
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

But if you get distracted, it means you haven't finished reading, so you are marking things read that you haven't read It's a no win situation (so database speed won).

Comment

If I get distracted while in a thread, when I come back to the screen I can continue reading from where I left off and all of the other threads will be waiting for me as they were when I clicked the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                        But if you get distracted, it means you haven't finished reading, so you are marking things read that you haven't read It's a no win situation (so database speed won).
                        If I get called away, I DON'T then hit "mark all posts read", which what my original post was meant to imply
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

i'm getting a weird bug with numbers in threads, the following thread highlights it:

Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

for example unwells post number 5 reads: Tracker I'm being offered is 2.63% for 2yrs

win 7, google chrome

btw any chance of attachments, I know you mentioned just now there was a substantial amount uploaded, but it is possible to allow them only in certain sub forums. I'm thinking of peeveens weekly txt xbox live achieve file. Seems a shame to lose this option for him and for us.

cheers

Comment

Yeah some old threads have the character bug. New ones should be fine.

I'll enable .txt

Comment

ahh I see, thanks

Comment

not a bug, but all the old links require to be updated (if you are going to do this)

ie click the any of the links and you just get the redirect page.

Comment

Working...
                                X