Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by merf View Post
    horrible scripted gurning for laughs awkward 'banter'
    That huuuuge metaphor in the news section (the sat-nav/period bit) was terrible ... as was the Stig's intro (thinks the credit crunch is a breakfast cereal, that's Dennis Norden territory ffs). BUT, there's still so much to love about the show. It's a formula that works and our over familiarity with it isn't their fault. And having attained near-perfection with the format, any attemts to freshen it up are a gamble, and maybe a bit token (the stunt guy being a prime example). I've always found SIARPC a dull and momentum-breaking feature, that's why I tend to record the show these days, so I can ff that bit

Comment

James May and Richard Hammond could leave Top Gear over a contract dispute, says a report.

May and Hammond could leave over pay arguments.

Comment

Fair play to them, they're just as important as JC.

Why can't they show the repeats more than on a Friday night? I've missed this week's episode due to Euro 2008 and the series Criminal Justice on BBC1.

Comment

BBC iPlayer!

Comment

It's only beacuse of Wimbledon the repeat is on a Friday at 9pm, it's usually repeated midweek at about 7pm.

Comment

I'd hoped the cool wall was gone forever; it's completely pointless, the cars are usually judged on completely different criteria, although a lot of the time it's just one person building up the car like it's the most amazing thing in the world only for that to mean that it must be uncool. A definite fast-forward segment for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                BBC iPlayer!
                Yes, I forgot to say I don't have a pc or broadband so that's not an option for me (I post here on my phone).

Comment

Well you're ****ed then.

Comment

Video/DVD recorder??

Comment

Nope

I'll have to sort something out one of these days. To be fair it's not often there are two things on at once that I want to see!

Comment

Quite enjoyed the Alfa bits tonight, and even the Bentley Brooklands caused me to chuckle. Again, could leave the SIARPC, but on the whole yeah, not bad.

Comment

I love Alfas so I liked those bits. Poor James' GTV being shunted by Hammond!

Still waiting for the GT-R and 8c competizione.

Comment

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
                            Poor James' GTV being shunted by Hammond!

It's been a running joke for years...and it's still funny Every time there's a competition you can guarantee Hammond and/or Clarkson will hit May's car at least once

Comment

Originally posted by RLench View Post
                              It's been a running joke for years...and it's still funny Every time there's a competition you can guarantee Hammond and/or Clarkson will hit May's car at least once
                              i'm sure it happened on the 1st episode as well

clarkson bumped into drivers side door to stop him getting out

always happens

Comment

Top gear is popcorn entertainment these days - I pity any poor sap that puts credence on a top gear car review.

I mainly enjoy the silly challenges, and even though they are heavily scripted, they are a good laugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X