No announcement yet.

Last night's Top Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was last sunday the 1st of the new season ?
    I always try to watch it on the BBC (because here in Netherlands we get them about 6months later ..)

edit:
    Originally posted by funkydan View Post
    Found out when Rossco - it's here (7pm, BBC2, Wednesday 5th)
    ah, I see this wednesday is a re run from last sunday !

love this show !

Comment

I just watched it on the BBC iPlayer now anyway. Pretty decent show this time round. All the lorry stuff was brilliant laughs I thought.

Comment

Good show I thought, watched it on iplayer so I could skip the celebrity bit.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7707641.stm Really? People are...really? ffs I hate people...

Comment

I dunno, it is pretty offensive - and I imagine (or guess...) that TG is popular amongst the motorway dwellers.
          The normal party line is "you know what JC is like".
          In all honesty, I don't think actually being a twat should be much of a defence against charges of acting like a twat.

Comment

Not another "non-offencive" comment blown out of proportion?! What happened to the world? Where has the sense of humour gone? At this rate the BBC will have no broadcasters left...

Comment

Originally posted by BeyondJumpFish View Post
              Not another "non-offencive" comment blown out of proportion?! What happened to the world? Where has the sense of humour gone? At this rate the BBC will have no broadcasters left...
              But in this case the presenters have done exactly what the others should have done, said 'so what'. The mealy mouthed excuses and grovelling did it for the other two, Clarkson has played this perfectly.

Comment

A weekly journal for literature and ideas. We publish book reviews, book extracts, essays and poems by leading writers from around the world. Each week, we also review the latest in fiction, film, opera, theatre, dance, radio and television.

Nuff said!

Comment

Last week, the BBC received more than 30,000 complaints about a series of phone pranks made by Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross on Radio 2.
                  Clarkson's joke, made before the watershed, has now sparked 517 complaints.
                  Bit of a difference.

Comment

But there were actually only 2 complaints made about the Sachs call after it was broadcast (due to the swear), the other 29,998 came after it was all over the news (probably mostly by people who hadn't even heard the messages).

Comment

As a trucker, I thought JC's jokes were hilarous & took them for what they were JOKES.
                      On a side note : If there are any complaints it should be against moronic drivers that thinks a large wagon can manouver in the same space as a fiesta or dont pay any attention to my/trucker's signals or road signs & then shout abuse.

Comment

much better tonight, interesting little Fiat review, ffwd SIARPC and a really good challenge which was beautifully filmed & had cool cars.

they don't need to 'accidently' blow up a caravan to be good

good prog.

Comment

Loved the Abarth 500 Esse Esse, loved the American section, especially the drifting of the 'Vette around that hairpin . Surprisingly I also found the star in a car interesting as well. As JC said, they need to get guests that actually like cars on, that makes it all watchable.

Two x
                          Last edited by Alastair; 11-11-2008, 10:43.

Comment

Missed the first 30 minutes, but watched second half anyway, good episode and like Al, thought Will Young was OK. Will catch the repeat midweek.

Comment

didn't see it last night but anything for people to complain about this week lol

Comment

Yeah, good episode last night. It certainly wasn't as heavily scripted as the previous week, although I was a bit dubious about James's crash. His fast driving with JC was quality. Love the Challenger even if its handling is supposed to be poor.

Comment

Working...
                                X