Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
    I think it's been confirmed that it ISN'T Locke because the show's creators said that "Jacob is someone we haven't seen before"...though until I read that I was also sure it was him.
    Yes but the writers love to play around with fan theories and throw them red herrings.

Comment

Yup great episode, best of S3.

Comment

That is 100% him in the link !!!

Comment

Just read a theory that makes a lot of sense but probably means Juliette knows hee-haw

Oh yeah, he's good : http://theoriesonlost.blogspot.com/2...e-of-time.html

Comment

anoyne else loved the episode purely because a few episodes back hurley popped bens dads head off in the VW!

Roger Workman

What a great episode, i loved it

Comment

Just fantastic yet again, go lost!

Comment

My head hurts again. Love the time travel theory - at this moment it makes alot of sense, may not fit come next season though...

Comment

Another great episode last night, I had a few problems with Lost after the break but now its one great episode after another.

For me Jacob is just another method that Ben can use to control the others. If they are asking to many questions like Locke than Ben can use Jacob to gain back control.

Comment

I like the idea that Ben has surrounded the house with a ring of powerful hallucinogenic powder knowing that Locke will investigate it and thus go into a vision state - which explains how the lantern gets smashed and the hut catches fire, yet when they leave the lantern is fixed and all is calm again. Ben seems to be grooming Locke for the role as leader in the same way Richard did - they both had to kill their fathers, maybe Ben forces Locke to do this to see if he has what it takes to get the job the done!

I really hope that Jacob doesn't turn out to be Locke as its all a bit too obvious (by Lost standards anyway)...

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
                      I really hope that Jacob doesn't turn out to be Locke as its all a bit too obvious (by Lost standards anyway)...
                      A few people have mentioned Jacob = Locke. But I can't get my head around that idea. Why would Ben take Locke to see himself? Does Ben see Locke in the chair?

When Ben mentioned he was taking Locke to Jacob it wasn't the first time the Others had heard the name Jacob so who was in the chair in the past.

Could someone spell out that idea because its not making much sense to me at the minute.

Comment

I think I've finally lost track of what the hell is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by ascender View Post
                          I think I've finally lost track of what the hell is going on.
                          basically right, people from around the globe are realising they have extraordinary powers. one of them can fly, the other can heal, and one of them's even japanese! that's like a super power in itself. and then there's this guy who can learn everyone else's pow- oh wait wrong programme

Comment

Originally posted by 1P_King View Post
                            A few people have mentioned Jacob = Locke. But I can't get my head around that idea. Why would Ben take Locke to see himself? Does Ben see Locke in the chair?

When Ben mentioned he was taking Locke to Jacob it wasn't the first time the Others had heard the name Jacob so who was in the chair in the past.

Could someone spell out that idea because its not making much sense to me at the minute.
                            As we approach the End of Season's big revelation its becoming clear that it will focus on 'who is Jacob'! For it to be big enough a reveal Jacob is going to have to be somebody who we already know and I would expect them to make it the last person you would think of just to be dickheads about it. However, Locke seems the most likely at the moment. I used to think it was Jack when he joined up with the others, but the "He walks among us but isn't one of us" tattoo translation make me think its not him.

So why Locke? Well he is connected to the island some how, especially with regards to its healing properties, to the extent that he can walk, wounds heal super fast (the bite he got off his Father) and he even makes others heal (Ben). He has always been on a path/journey of enlightenment and Jacob could be at the end of his self discovery.

Ben talks about Jacob as if he has spoken with him, but we learn that he has conversations with an empty chair - a moment of Lost genius where genres reveal themselves depending how you read the events that take place in that scene. Horror: Is Ben insane talking to Jacob like Norman Bates did to his monther's corps? Is Jacob a ghost? Sci-Fi: Is the image in the chair a message sent back through time by an older Locke to warn him? Did the introduction of technology (Locke's flashlight) cause the message to get scrambled and the room to be effected as it did? Drug Culture: Was Locke's trippy vision set off by the powder circling the house?

I think Ben is taking Locke on a similar journey to become his successor that he had to go through himself. Richard said he would need to be patient - something required of both Locke and the viewer - but it would seem that Locke's patience finally ran out resulting in Ben's need to shoot him. Why would he try to kill the person he believes to be Jacob? He isn't trying to kill him, he shoots him in the spot where he knows he no longer has a kidney and with his power to heal he is in no real danger. I'd imagine he did it to buy some time to set up what is coming next, so that when Locke comes back to the camp mad as hell and ready to expose Ben he will be playing right into his hands.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                              basically right, people from around the globe are realising they have extraordinary powers. one of them can fly, the other can heal, and one of them's even japanese! that's like a super power in itself. and then there's this guy who can learn everyone else's pow- oh wait wrong programme

Comment

Just starting to watch ep 21 and I hope that

the whole episode isn't as rubbish as the first few minutes suggest. Great idea Jack, let's make a huge explosion and hope there's no others lurking about to hear it.

PMSL at Charlie's dad's "Scottish" accent. Sounds just like fat ba$tard from the Austin Powers movies.

We saw Charlie singing Wonderwall when it starts to rain, but no sign of Desmond. What does that mean?

OK, it was a better episode than I thought it would be, but I knew by the tone of it there would be a twist of some sort coming. Didn't see the Desmond thing coming, but I knew the looking glass wouldn't be empty. That would have been far too simple.

Obviously just a sort of filler episode to next week's final cliffhanger stylee one.

Last edited by ascender; 17-05-2007, 08:04.

Comment

Working...
                                X