Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko
    You're right...

More flachbacks...! As if we didn't have to suffer enough of those already!
    If you think the flashbacks are a form of suffering, then you obvious don't understand the show.

Comment

Originally posted by JRMacumber
      If you think the flashbacks are a form of suffering, then you obvious don't understand the show.
      I'm tired of people taking this attitutude. I am enjoying the island stuff, it's sci-fi, it's escapism, it's interesting. However, the flashbacks are often dull, tedious, and overly long. Take the flashbacks on episode 2, what did we actually learn that we didn't already know? Nothing. They were pointless.

Sometimes they are interesting, especially the Locke and Hurley stories, but often they just feel like padding to stretch out the run time.

Comment

I agree the hurley and locke flashback i thought were fantastic and really added to the mystery of the island.Its a shame they were not all like that

Comment

Take the flashbacks on episode 2, what did we actually learn that we didn't already know? Nothing. They were pointless.
          Don't know about that ... wasn't

the toy that he gave his kid a POLAR BEAR?

Comment

Originally posted by peeveen
            Don't know about that ... wasn't

the toy that he gave his kid a POLAR BEAR?

Yes it was.

I think season 2 is going to be different to season one in its structure as well. I think the way the first two episodes have gone is going to be the way season 2 continues, overlapping previous episodes a lot to set up the next few etc.

I hope not but I reckon it will.

Comment

Yep, and didn't Desmond use a joke that Hurley said in S1 as some kind of password to trick Locke? What was all that about?

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko
                I'm tired of people taking this attitutude. I am enjoying the island stuff, it's sci-fi, it's escapism, it's interesting. However, the flashbacks are often dull, tedious, and overly long. Take the flashbacks on episode 2, what did we actually learn that we didn't already know? Nothing. They were pointless.
                This is a character driven show. More so than just about any series I can remember, this show is all about the people. Who they are, what their situation is, why they're on the island, how their past intertwines with the others, etc. You could not have this show without them, or at least not have it be as good. It is that plain, and that simple.

And as for episode 202's flashbacks, they did serve to undercut Michael's fear and horror at losing his son again. True, we had seen some of this before, but now we got a closer look at it while at the same time seeing him lose his son again. The flashbacks were there to reinforce the present, and I thought it made perfect sense. Plus, I thought it was funny to see Michael give Walt a stuffed polar bear.

Comment

I love the way episode 2 brought us right round to the same cliffhanger as episode 1.

What a gyp.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabreman
                    I love the way episode 2 brought us right round to the same cliffhanger as episode 1.

What a gyp.
                    Actually, it didn't. Next time, make sure to take your ADD medication.

Comment

This is a character driven show. More so than just about any series I can remember, this show is all about the people. Who they are, what their situation is, why they're on the island, how their past intertwines with the others, etc. You could not have this show without them, or at least not have it be as good. It is that plain, and that simple.

And as for episode 202's flashbacks, they did serve to undercut Michael's fear and horror at losing his son again. True, we had seen some of this before, but now we got a closer look at it while at the same time seeing him lose his son again. The flashbacks were there to reinforce the present, and I thought it made perfect sense. Plus, I thought it was funny to see Michael give Walt a stuffed polar bear.
                      Doesn't change the fact that most of them are extremely dull to watch.

I know what you're getting at, I just find myself groaning when they cut to yet another flashback as they are so rarely interesting.

I'm also finding that as the island heads deeper into science fiction territory the flashbacks, set as they are in a completely real world are beginning to jar a little.

Comment

I still can't fathom how people can complain about the flashbacks in this show, they are essential, the entire show is about the characters as much as it is the island.

Comment

Actually, it didn't. Next time, make sure to take your ADD medication.
                          It looked the same from where I was sitting...

Comment

The sign on the shark and power thingy also on the fridge in episode S2 ep1

all spoilers for those who have not seen it
                            Last edited by Gerry Helmet; 30-09-2005, 22:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabreman
                              It looked the same from where I was sitting...
                              Like I said, take your meds, 'cause epi 2 ended with the introduction of "The Others." Epi 1 did not.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus
                                I still can't fathom how people can complain about the flashbacks in this show, they are essential, the entire show is about the characters as much as it is the island.
                                second that, mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X