No announcement yet.

New Series of Doctor Who

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it amusing how Moffatt continually rants about "evil" fans posting spoilers about the show, whether it's because something got leaked or because they attended an episode preview event, only to announce this himself and then as a result have the news show up literally EVERYWHERE!

I do think it's a shame it's happening at some random point throughout the next series though, as opposed to the end of it

I think Amy and Rory deserve a better send off, especially if they're not going to be coming back in the future!

Comment

A great timeline guide of the episodes and companions throughout the shows life so far:

Comment

Though I don't think it would have been everyones cup of tea I thought this years Xmas special was really good, much better than last years

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post

Please, I hope it won't be James Corden. I'll stop watching if he takes Karen Gillan's place.

Comment

All I can say is thank god we're finally getting rid of that annoying woman. I would be very happy if James Corden took over. It's a shame it's probably impossible, story-wise, to keep Rory on. I haven't got round to watching the Christmas episode yet (I fell asleep on Christmas Day after eating two gammon steaks).

Has nobody else mentioned the two missing episodes that were found at the end of last year? One first, and one second doctor episode. I've only watched up to The Romans so far, but I'm very happy people are still finding episodes (especially Patrick Troughton's).

Comment

I quite like her, and not just because she's... well, hot. She's built up an interesting relationship with The Doctor and Smith and Gillan play off each other very well. I can see how Moffat has really done as much as he can with with Amy and Rory but it's disappointing nonetheless.

As for Corden... just no. Can't stand him, and how he continues to find work on television is an absolute mystery. I groaned inwardly when he first popped up on Who and hated that ridiculous Cyberman scene in the other episode.

Comment

I just find Amy to be the epitome of this 'hilarious' modern joke with men as the punchline. The joke is wearing incredibly thin everywhere it appears (i.e. pretty much every advert on tv), and two series of it is quite enough. Her continued infatuation and obsession with the Doctor, right in Rory's face, has also been increasingly unpleasant to watch.

James Corden's second episode was definitely not as good as the first (and I'm not a fan of the Cybermen), but I know lots of people who can't stand the man, but they've all loved The Lodger when I've shown it to them.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                  Has nobody else mentioned the two missing episodes that were found at the end of last year? One first, and one second doctor episode. I've only watched up to The Romans so far, but I'm very happy people are still finding episodes (especially Patrick Troughton's).
                  I hadn't heard this! Do you know which episodes? I love the old stuff, especially the first doctor, so it's exciting every time they recover an episode.

Comment

Episode 3 of the 1st Doctor serial Galaxy 4, and The Underwater Menace Part 2 which is a 2nd Doctor serial.

Not much, and a bit random, but the 2nd Doctor has so many missing episodes, anything is a blessing.

Comment

Mini-Ep from the end of Series 5 as a result of a competition that's running again now ahead of Series 7:

Matt Smith at a recent red carpet event in which he states he has 1 year left on Doctor Who. Given the split series late 2012 run we get this year another 13 ep run would match the expectations by having his last ep air around Easter 2013... the 50th Anniversary of the show.

Comment

Talking to Radio Times at the British Television Awards, Smith referred to the 2012/2013 Series 7 as his last again

Comment

A hint that a new companion appears in Series 7

Comment

Your UK TV and radio guide to what's on TV and on demand plus all the latest entertainment, soap, film and drama news and reviews from Radio Times.

First photo from the set of Series 7

Comment

He just took on Sherlock Holmes’ arch nemesis Moriarty in the most recent season of the BBC’s “Sherlock”. Now rising British star Benedict Cumberbatch could be jumping to the other side of the fence to play an arch nemesis himself – The Master. The Daily Express has suggested the interesting rumour that Cumberbatch is being […]

The Daily Express has spread a popular rumour about Benedict Cumberbatch being The Master in Series 8 for the anniversary. Personally, I'd be surprised. Whenever discussing his history with Who, Cumberbatch couldn't have been less interested in being in it. I wouldn't rule out Simms again either, he's still quite keen on returning. For the anniversary though, I'd rather the Doctor faced the Daleks now they'll have had a slight break for 2-3 series.

Comment

If that alien-headed Cumberbatch is ever in Doctor Who, I'll stop watching, I swear to God. I can't even look at him without wanting to give him an almighty slap. He is the weirdest, ugliest bloke on telly.

I am no fan of the Daleks, but they are worth it if Davros makes an appearance, because I love him, he's a nutter. His return in the otherwise lame Stolen Earth was a treat.

Comment

Working...
                                X