New Series of Doctor Who

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
    If that alien-headed Cumberbatch is ever in Doctor Who, I'll stop watching, I swear to God. I can't even look at him without wanting to give him an almighty slap. He is the weirdest, ugliest bloke on telly.
    And also a great actor. The only person I can think of who would make a better Doctor than Smith, actually.

Comment

I am now on a mission to prevent that from happening.

Comment

The pair will be tackling threats to the planet in a rather different setting in a forthcoming episode, which sees them trading blows with half-robot half-human enemies in a Victorian-era western town.

Images from a Westworld style episode in Series 7 from the creator of Being Human

Comment

Emmerdale's Jenna-Louise Coleman has been announced as the next Doctor's Companion

I don't watch it so I've no idea what she's like. I'm just generally a little disappointed it's yet another young girl, time they branched out a little for a change after nearly 8 years.

Comment

Viz Top Tip:
            WINDOW CLEANERS: When agreeing a price with Dr Who to clean the windows of the Tardis, don't be conned into agreeing to do the insides for the same price.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
              I don't watch it so I've no idea what she's like.
              She's FAF and that's all you need to know.

Comment

I'm not too impressed that the best they could do was an ex-Emmerdale star, either.

Comment

*sigh* not ANOTHER human girl

At the very least give us a proper male companion and not just poor old "along for the ride" rory. I'd quite like to see a non-human companion for a change though - maybe K9 could make a come back?

Comment

She looks a little ' ITV talent show' in that pic if that makes any sense. Maybe that's a concious thing. Let's hope that the Moffster comes up with a bit of spin on her story.

Comment

She's no Gillan.

Comment

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
                        She's no Gillan.
                        You're right. Silver linings and all that.

Comment

Why cant we have an alien for a change? dont think its been done before, but maybe the BBC's budget wont go that far. What i also want is a decent Cybermen redesign. Watched the old black and white Tomb episode not so long ago, and the voices were damn freaky.

Comment

When she first joined Emmerdale I thought she was lovely, but now she has become more famous she has lost so much weight she has lost her appeal. She was lovely and curvy before.

Comment

A review from the Guide to Doctor Who and its associated spin-offs, including Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures.

The BBC has also confirmed that this years series will be just 5 episodes long with Jenna joining the show in the Xmas special.... *grits teeth*

Talk has therefore turned towards Gillans exit which I won't spoiler as its literally everywhere:

Moffat: "Amy and Rory will leave in the fifth episode that goes out, and it will be a final encounter with the Weeping Angels, and not everybody gets out alive - and I mean it this time!"..... *vein sticks out of forehead and neck with steam out of ears*

Moffat also says there'll be no 2-parters this time.

The reason the episodes run annoys me so much is that the show has far too much of a history since its revival of being shunted, chopped and relocated and its absolutely crap. Every time they do it it seems to be for the showrunners benefit and completely ruins the narrative flow just like Series 6 suffered last year. Its desperately a concept that they need to abandon asap. Gillan wise, it's not so much her exit that bothers me more the tired retread of having the Angels appear for the 4th series in a row. The first time they were brilliant but their success really seems to have gone to Moffatt's head, the second appearance killing all of their appeal and the third being a lame cameo. Now we get yet another appearance, all the more ironic considering Moffatt quite publicly shelved having Dalek episodes after Series 5 because he believed overuse ruined appeal.

The only reprieve, and quite a thankful one is that there will be 8 more episodes in 2013 with Smith and Jenna with Moffat adding: "Oh, there'll be more episodes than just those eight, but these are the ones we're making right now." Not doing more than that would have been a massive waste of the 50th Anniversary.

Jenna discusses getting the role. She looks better in motion than in pics...hmm...

According to Dark Horizons, rumour is spreading that her character isn't human...
                              Last edited by Neon Ignition; 22-03-2012, 06:08.

Comment

She's so excited, and she just can't hide it! etc. etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X