No announcement yet.

Firefly / Serenity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alan Tudyk as Wash is in the film now, so woohoo. I really can't wait, so long as it's of the quality of episodes like Out of Gas or Serenity then I don't see how the movie could disappoint. And hopefully it'll do well enough at the box office to maybe rekindle interest in the TV series.

Comment

What is Firefly about? I missed it when it was on...

Comment

Had it been given a chance, it could well have been the best genre show ever. Yeah, those 14 episodes are that good. Mal, Jayne, Wash, River and the adorable Kaylee rule the 'verse.

Comment

All of the cast members from the show are signed on and working on it, so that is a major sigh of relief. Joss said he wouldn't do it if they all hadn't. I just cannot wait, and I'm glad you like it, Jibber.

Comment

Unfortunately part of the film deal is that there is no tv series for a few years.

The film company is looking for a possible film franchise so will not allow a new series of the show for a while.

Still, a movie is much better than nothing. Looking forward to Inara on the big screen 8)

Comment

Basically it pushed all the buttons, all of them. And bringing it to the big screen can't hurt, I haven't seen all the series yet so I don't know what the quality range is. It's so good that I am trying not to gush hopeless about it to my friends, building it up too much might hurt it.

Comment

Jibber, pardon me if we've talked about this before, but are you also a fan of Whedon's other work?

Comment

Well unfortunately I have an inherent psychological block when it comes to the Fantasy Witchcraft thing, so both Buffy and Angel never really got me, the episode or two I happened to watch I was always moderately impressed by character interplay and humour...looking on imdb it seems he wrote ALien Ressurection which would explain the almost identikit ships crew makeup.

Comment

Jaynestown - best episode ever.

Comment

Saw that last night, pretty good. Even the less than average episodes work ok because of the character investment, although the teeth seem to be a little blunter every episode I watch in terms of Jaynes character.

Comment

Well I've watched the whole gig, not sure about the chronology of what people saw on the TV, but assuming the DVDs are lore, the character and story arcs are fantastic... naturally is kinda just leaves it open.... like errr, Inara going off and that whole schrwang.

Comment

I'm glad you liked it. Fox Television will always have my undying hatred for not giving the show everything it needed to succeed. Firefly gets cancelled, and bull**** like Enterprise lives on. There is no god...

Comment

I had this perverse thought....it sounds really bad, but I hope FireFly does aswell as Police Squad did.... (mini series, canned, then three motion picture events) That'd be grand, I can't get my head round what they could possibly do in a film format, it'll be a rollercoaster that's for sure,

Comment

Considering the success of Joss's other series, I was amazed when this got canned.

Comment

Well if I was a studio "exec" and having read a book or two about studio "exec"s you could see why, it had some SERIOUS moral quandrys going on with prostitution, and some serious Biblical gubbins tied in and some serious lesbotic notions too... wouldn't have sit well with the bible belt and all that jam that I don't understand.

Comment

Working...
                                X