No announcement yet.

Firefly / Serenity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, the success of Whedon's other shows have, afaik, always been overplayed. I remember back at the end of Buffy Season 5, Angel Season 2 (think it was that year anyways) a table of the overall ratings for the season, and Buffy and Angel weren't even in the top 100. And the US isn't like the UK where only soaps, documentaries and sports make the top of the tops, things like CSI and ER frequently top the list. Buffy and Angel have a huge dedicated fanbase, sure, and warm critical receptions, but in terms of actual national viewer success, it struck me as a miracle that the pair lasted as long as they did...

Comment

Sorry to dredge up this topic, but I watched the complete series (bought cheap from Play) over Saturday and Sunday and must say I enjoyed it. Good characters and some decent story lines.

Comment

Then you should be looking forward to the upcoming feature film entitled "Serenity." I know I can't ****ing wait. Joss, I love you.

Comment

I knew about the film. I wonder if it will resolve any of the hanging threads.

Comment

From what I can gather, it looks like a reimagining of the series... going over the assembling of the crew etc. I don't think it'll resolve anything.

Comment

See, and I'd heard different. From what I had gathered, the retreading of things that had already been shown and/or told in the series would be pretty short, with most of the film given over to completing the River/Blue Sun storyline.

Comment

Fairy nuff. I haven't kept up to date with it for a while...

Comment

Whedon has said that there is nothing in the film about Blue Sun at all, it's mainly all about River/her hunters and the Reavers.

Comment

I hope they keep the same cast for the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman
                      I hope they keep the same cast for the movie.
                      The whole cast has more or less been confirmed for the film hasn't it? I'm sure I read it somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Durham Red
                        Whedon has said that there is nothing in the film about Blue Sun at all, it's mainly all about River/her hunters and the Reavers.
                        Well, but River's hunters were Blue Sun.

Oh, and yes, all of the cast returned. Early previews have been extremely favorable.

Comment

Iwant2seeaReaveranditbetternotbedisappointing.

Comment

You don't really want to see a Reaver that'd be like seeing Columbo's wife.

Comment

Maybe Columbo's wife is a Reaver...

Comment

don't you see a reaver in one of the episodes ? or am I imagining that?

Comment

Working...
                                X