No announcement yet.

Firefly / Serenity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, you see a guy who's a survivor of an attacked ship who's a mentalist and mutilates himself "in the style" of a Reaver...

Comment

Helluva crossover episode though, it'd have to be a timetravelling, dimension shifting wife for it to make any sense. The last thing we need is a plot hole. Maybe Columbo could befriend Joss Weedon, and since its set in LA that would make sense, yeah, then Joss could murder say, Simon, and all of a sudden Columbo turns up, and they walk on the set of Serenity, and then they're actually there, in Firefly, uhuh, uhuh, being persued by some badly shaven, square jawed folk.

Comment

Originally posted by JRMacumber
        Well, but River's hunters were Blue Sun.

Oh, and yes, all of the cast returned. Early previews have been extremely favorable.
        Surely Blue Sun were just an alluded to corporation and her hunters were the Federation/Alliance/whatever they're called?

Comment

Originally posted by Durham Red
          Surely Blue Sun were just an alluded to corporation and her hunters were the Federation/Alliance/whatever they're called?
          The fellows in the business suits? Nope, they were Blue Sun. A clue were the blue gloves they wore. If you didn't notice them before, check again.

Comment

Duh.

Comment

Originally posted by JRMacumber
              The fellows in the business suits? Nope, they were Blue Sun. A clue were the blue gloves they wore. If you didn't notice them before, check again.
              Damn, completely missed that. I submit to your superior knowledge, sir!

Anyway, here's the quote from a recent interview with Whedon about the film:

Interviewer: Which on-going plot strands from the show had to be dropped from the movie?

Joss: The involvement of Blue Sun in the 'Big Mystery'

Looks like history could be being re-written...

Comment

The trailer is up! Looks absolutely fantastic!

Watch trailers for movies and TV shows on tv.apple.com. Browse trailers for upcoming TV series and films.

Comment

Yeah, I watched the trailer last night, works completely for me. Looks to me like it's basically going to start the story again, ignore the events of Firefly the TV series, and run with the River Tam storyline. The effects in that trailer look superb, looks to me like some serious money has been invested. Roll on September 30th.
                  Last edited by Stuart Smith; 27-04-2005, 13:32.

Comment

#I can see a Reaver! I can see a Reaver!#

Comment

Cashback from over 400 brands all on one platform. Shop with Rakuten & stack offers with discounts, voucher codes and cashback for great savings at top brands.

Having seen the trailer I'm almost tempted to pick this up. For a grand total of 15 notes. I assume you'll all tell me to get it. Immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Moodmon
                        http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=s...2&title=150418

Having seen the trailer I'm almost tempted to pick this up. For a grand total of 15 notes. I assume you'll all tell me to get it. Immediately.
                        Or you can buy it here for ?12.99 which is a bargain for what you are getting. Go get it now! It's a great scifi show.

Comment

Originally posted by Moodmon
                          I assume you'll all tell me to get it. Immediately.
                          You would be correct, sir! A fantastic show, whose cancellation has caused me to eternally hate Fox with a burning passion. Buy it, watch it, love it.

Comment

?12.99 for 4 discs of glory.

An absolute no-brainer.

Comment

Saw the trailer for the movie, immediately bought the DVDs (?20 at my friendly local Virgin Megastore), spent the weekend watching them. My, this series is an instance of BestThingEver. I can't believe they canned it. That's just... Wrong.

To make things worse, as I'll be back in France in September and the chances of Serenity ever being released there are approximately nil (and in any case, I'm not sure I could survive the dubbed version), I'll have to wait for it to be released on DVD to watch it. Oh, well. I'll live.

I can see how airing the episodes out of sequence harmed the show by breaking the sense of continuity. Hence the question, why the hell did they do that? I fail to comprehend the reasoning behind this...

Comment

I've heard that there are people high up in Fox who don't care for sci-fi shows, and they didn't have a lot of confidence in Firefly, so together that meant they didn't give enough of a **** to even try. I'm still fuming over it.

Comment

Working...
                                X