No announcement yet.

Prison Break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Series 3 was my least favourite but still OK as you say. 4 just rules. Michael Bay every week. But better.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
      Series 3 was my least favourite but still OK as you say.
      Have to agree. Series 3 was starting to run out of steam and it was almost series one all over again. Watchable but not great. Same way as Lost is going.

I didn't know series 4 had started. Is it following Michael only now or is everyone else still in it?

I hope we get it in Dubai early next year but i'm not hopeful.

Comment

A trailer for the final six episodes of this season has appeared

brother vs brother in the hunt for Scylla (sp)

Just says "Spring" so could return anytime months away really

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis View Post

I didn't know series 4 had started. Is it following Michael only now or is everyone else still in it?
          I couldn't even begin to explain it

It's good though, highly entertaining and runs at a great pace. Season three was extremely frustrating because it became Problem Of The Week That Stops Us From Achieving Our Stupid Goal every episode. While season four starts out the same it does throw in some unexpected twists that take it in new directions.

Comment

Originally posted by TV.com

Fox's on-the-lam drama calling it quits after current fourth season; Prison Break begins home stretch April 17.

Prison Break fans, there's really no easy way to say this so we'll just take a very direct approach: Prison Break is coming to an end...soon; Fox today announced the series will be ending at the conclusion of this season.

The news probably isn't a huge shock to anyone who has been following the series recently. Late last year, speculators thought the show would be coming to an end when Fox tacked on a few extra hours to this year's production schedule. And with heavy promotion for Fringe, 24, and Lie to Me in full swing, it isn't hard to see who the odd man out is.

Prison Break is currently on a little vacation, as Fox beefs up its midseason schedule with the aforementioned trio and a little program called American Idol. However, Fox did schedule a return for the final episodes of Prison Break--they begin their run April 17.

According to TVGuide.com, Fox president Kevin Reilly explained, "[Prison Break] got to a point where a lot of the stories had been told," which is a kind way to say the show was running on fumes creatively. At least six hours of the drama are left to go, with the possibility of a few more hours added as Reilly said he wants the program to "finish strong."

Before fans organize a save-the-show campaign complete with an assault of freshly shaven hair and teabags, consider this: Prison Break was originally conceived as a one-season show or mini-series, but instead was stretched out to four full seasons. That's some glass-is-half-full thinking right there.
            I've been enjoying Season 4, but this is way overdue they could have wrapped the story up by the end of Season 2 if they had wanted to. Hope they go out with a bang!

Comment

Suppose at least we know when to expect it. And we'll have 24 and Lost to keep us occupied.

Comment

I'm glad it's finishing, just hope it finishes strong like they say.

Comment

Tis a shame, but it was getting a bit daft. They managed to get 3 more series out of it than they probably should have. Fair play for them recognising when to call it quits.

Comment

It is a shame to see it finishing up, but it does need doing.

I expect Wentworth Miller was in fear of being typecast, surely he must have had film offers by now, they must have had him tied up with a good contract.

Hope T-bag resurfaces on our screens in something else, he has been superb throughout.

Comment

He will be the breakout star, if anyone. He's been in a couple of big films recently.

Comment

I loved series one, it was a hectic time in my life and PB gave me some much needed escapism.

Series 2 was a bit stupid with them out in the open and Company/CIA FBI you name it not able to catch them.

I liked the end of season 3 but 4 got too stupid for me with the A-Team like reassembly of the whole crew. Plus Michael and Linc working with Mahone after he killed their dad (shot him in the back!), things like that made it seem all a bit silly.

Anyway, I gave up on this show after 4 or 5 episodes of S4, but I wonder whether I should give it another chance.

Would've ended on a real high if it was only the first series that was made.

edit-gone back to it after all, gave up around the Vegas ep. Watched about 6 eps in the last week, great viewing. Once question I have is when Gretchen says to T-Bag 'You're gonna be held captive by my negativity.' When he's holding her sister and daughter captive, I thought she'd never heard T-Bag go into all of that prisoner of the self stuff.

Always knew Scylla had to be more than just Company members list etc etc.
                        Last edited by monel; 18-01-2009, 17:42.

Comment

PB returns this week in the US, tomorrow or Thursday evening I think, not sure when it's back on Sky.

Comment

It's on Friday, sir. So available sat morning for us in the UK

Comment

Thought it was a pretty poor episode and can't help feeling by having a massive mid-season break they've really ruined the momentum. Either that or by having 24 and the like back on PB just doesn't cut the mustard.

Comment

Pretty naff. Also, considering how long it's been off-air, I was hoping for a bit more of a recap as I'd forgotten what's been going on! Or maybe that's just me

Comment

Working...
                                X