T4/Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
    The Terminator was AMAZE, T2 was rubbish, T3 was kind of heading back on track but ended up in that ****e TV show - will T4 be any good? I've heard some things and seen some images that suggest this film could be EPIC, but that trailer didn't reflect what I was hoping they would do with this...that trailer was more like Prison Break teh movie!
    Have you considered a career in stand-up?

Spagmasterswift, ladies and gentlemen...

Comment

I'm not ducking this one, honest, but I have a meeting to go to right now..........

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
        I'm not ducking this one, honest, but I have a meeting to go to right now..........
        Is it with your psychoanalyst to get to the route of your distain towards one of the motion picture greats?

Comment

Motion picture greats? It's about a robot who learns to love a child. And it has a thumbs-up at the end. The rest of the film could be utterly fantastic and that alone shold remove it from being within twenty feet of the word 'great'.

A robot who learns to love.

Don't get me wrong, I loved it as a kid but that's because it's pretty much a kid's movie. About a robot who learns to love.

And a thumbs-up.

Comment

If said robot hadn't been seen murdering an entire police force and selecting cuss responses in the pervious film...

Damn it, time to go home.......

Comment

**** you all. T2 is ****ing action classic. :P

This new trailer lookings incredibly lacking. I just hope its the complete opposite when i go to see the film. Just hope it isn't the same with Star Trek, fantastic trailer but pants film. I just hate it when that happens.
              Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 11-12-2008, 16:59.

Comment

I think it looks great, but then I love films with thumbs up and robots learning to love.

Comment

Anyone else think this looks like Madmax with robots? And whats with Megatron at the end?? Jesus this is going to be sh!t!!!

Comment

The art I've seen is really cool and took me back to when I bought the T2 book back in the day and saw the storyboards for the nuclear dream section. I was so sold on T2 before going into the cinema and was blown away by the effects along with everybody else at the time. The many different styles of machines seemed a bit meh however - reminded me of The Matrix sequels, but the crucifixion imagery stuck out as being more adult at least in tone

which I presume is the bit when John is confronting a Terminator

in the trailer. I just hope that they give the Terminators enough feeling of evil threat and power after Arnie managed to undo all of what was shown in the original movie. Arnie as a puppy controlled by a punk kid was as bad as killing off Newt and Hicks at the start of Alien3. Sorry for the ramble, I'm on the train.

Comment

T2 is a very good film, with lots of exciting sequences. The T1000 made the film for me. Without him, it would have be far less enthralling.

T3 is pretty poor. I didn't think it was as bad as I expected, but... it's not one I'll buy for more than ?5 on blu-ray.

I can only hope that T4 is good. Bale isn't someone I perticularly like as an actor; because his voice and whole vibe irritates me.

Fingers crossed.

Comment

I predict that T4 will culminate with a battle at Skynet central where the Terminator Queen (who looks like a Hajime Sorayama sexy robot) must be defeated over a massive central core that MUST BE DESTROYED!

T1 = classic
                        T2 = classic that has a few embarrasing bits
                        T3 = a bit of guilty pleasure. You really shouldn't like it but...
                        Sarah Connor Chronicles = a bit poo and that girl from Garbage hurts my eyes

Comment

T3 has some beyond The Happening'ly bad moments in it, Arnie at the gay club gets mentioned often when bashing it - for me that was a great tension breaking moment when he puts on the glasses, no film could handle the pressure that was heaped on it and from that moment I was able to relax and just let it tell whatever story it wanted to. The rest of it was pretty enjoyable imo - tho there is that bit when Arnie is trying to channel the evil away from John and he goes comedy mental on that truck bonnet. After T2 I had no respect for the Terminator anymore so I thought it was all pretty funny...a return to the serious nature of the original would be amazing and as much as Bale is still in BatVoice mode, he does at least seem to take everything seriously!

Comment

T1: Adored. A Classic
                            T2: Almost as good.....

T3..........

Utter bobbins, nothing redeemable about it whatsoever. Walked out of the cinema disgusted having sat through it in utter disbelief that they could have made such a huge mess of it. That bonnet scene mentioned above had me cringing.....He looked liked he'd crapped his pants and was performing panto at the same time, granted he never was a decent actor but even that was a new low. As for the gay bar scene.......And the inflating tits.......There are misses and there is missing the cows arse with a banjo from an inch away, T3 was that and more.

Even TSC is better (that might be down to the River effect though )

Obviously all just IMO (before people get upset that I'm rubbishing their opinions )

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              Motion picture greats? It's about a robot who learns to love a child. And it has a thumbs-up at the end.
                              I was trying to talk about movies with a bunch of Japanese students learning English - there was one guy who said he didn't like movies, but he did like Terminator 2. I asked him to tell me about it and he said "I don't remember almost all. I only remember..." and then he did a thumbs up. I almost fell off my chair from laughing.

Comment

Looks rubbish.

Terminator 2 is definitely crap btw, great call by spags. Horrible, mawkish twaddle with some nice FX work.

Comment

Working...
                                X