No announcement yet.

T4/Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T2 was gash because Arnie played the good guy.

Comment

I'll probably be on my own here (as one of the few it seems these days not to get their knickers in a twist that Doctor Who can be silly) but I find the films to be pretty consistant in quality.

Terminator - Is a good film, sadly a bit ragged looking these days but still highly watchable.

Terminator 2 - The definate high point of the series, other than the effects it?s impressive that it even exists in its form given how much a expansion of Terminator 1 it is, like an entire genre shift in many ways.

Terminator 3 ? Also good, it?s by far the most slight of the three but given where T2 ends and the Future War begins there was no other way the film could have gone as making it dryer and longer to emulate T2 would have made it too much hard work. It?s limited by its setting but stripped back to a pure action film it?s highly enjoyable.

Given the shift in style again I?m keen to see where T4 takes the series. It could be pants but given the wave of Narnia/Harry Potter films we usually get I?m all for a bit of Sci-Fi action

Comment

What?! People think T2 is rubbish T2 is awesome, best of the lot!

Comment

T2 is awesome. Great sequel. Different from the first, yes, but a great film in its own right. I always end up watching at least some of it when it is on TV.

Im liking the new trailer. Feels suitably dark, and i get the feeling the Terminators could well be quite scary again. Certainly the one patrolling the prisoner camp in the trailer looks menacing enough. Cant wait.

Comment

Our sister site strung out on science fiction has unearthed this featurette from the ashes of a post-apocalypse Los Angeles. The three-minute-plus video contains a number of spoilers from the upcoming McG-directed movie set before the events of the first three Terminator movies (sort of — I mean, if you ignore that…

Not sure if this has been posted yet but it has some art and new footage not in the Trailer but is a little spoilerific...its got me more hyped than the trailer tho and the

Come with me if you want to live

quote worked well imo!!

Comment

T2 is probably my favourite film of all time. I'm surprised so many people don't like it! Sure, it's a bit cheesy at the end but the action sequences are incredible and Arnie was arguably at the peak of his powers. It's not "art" by any stretch of the imagination but for a summer blockbuster and action spectacle it delivers. This isn't Shakespeare we're talking about it here... it's Schwarzenegger!

I'm a little sceptical of T4 - the trailer looks decent but trailers aren't always the best way to judge a film's quality! I was majorly disappointed with T3 and I don't like the Sarah Connor Chronicles at all, seems like an insult to the Terminator legacy to me. Just a pity they couldn't get James Cameron to come back and do another one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                Motion picture greats? It's about a robot who learns to love a child. And it has a thumbs-up at the end. The rest of the film could be utterly fantastic and that alone shold remove it from being within twenty feet of the word 'great'.

A robot who learns to love.

Don't get me wrong, I loved it as a kid but that's because it's pretty much a kid's movie. About a robot who learns to love.

And a thumbs-up.
                Isn't that I,Robot?

Comment

Give me your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle.

Comment

I liked the trailer but there was too much daylight and the Batman voice is back.

Comment

I had, and still have.. no problem with Arnie playing a good Terminator. He always played good guys in his other films.

The T1000 was a great creation. Robert Patrick played the part with an icy menacing persona - and it worked brilliantly.

T2 was definitely a friendlier film than the original. It was softer, but.. still fun and interesting.

I can only hope that Bale doesn't get on my nerves. I can imagine he will. It's a shame they couldn't get a good American actor for the part. I hate British people pretending to be American; because I know the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
                        I can only hope that Bale doesn't get on my nerves. I can imagine he will. It's a shame they couldn't get a good American actor for the part. I hate British people pretending to be American; because I know the truth.
                        Still better than Americans pretending to be British (for the most part)
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

This is going to be awful, 10 new Terminators? Changing the original one? Set before the first 3? It looks horrid, I hope I'm wrong as I really like Bale but this will be average like T3.

Comment

After seeing the 'flashbacks' of the future war in Terminator, we've got expectations that I doubt the film makers will meet.

Comment

"I am a machine!"

Comment

Originally posted by MJ View Post
                                After seeing the 'flashbacks' of the future war in Terminator, we've got expectations that I doubt the film makers will meet.
                                Bale in the trailer goes on about how this isn't the future that he was expecting so I guess something has changed or been changed in the past or something to make them able to get away from the vision of the future shown in the 'flashbacks'...maybe? I'm starting to think that just watching The Terminator and ignoring the rest is the best move.

Comment

Working...
                                X