No announcement yet.

Joss Whedon's New Show: Dollhouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewing figures are not really due to poor writing and acting etc, it's probably more about the other shows in the 8 & 9pm slots in America that it's up against, very established shows like of ER etc etc (I think).

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
      Viewing figures are not really due to poor writing and acting etc, it's probably more about the other shows in the 8 & 9pm slots in America that it's up against, very established shows like of ER etc etc (I think).
      Never thought about it that way Mr Holliss, might try this out when the blu ray comes out then........ I jus assumed the americans knew what was good viewing when it came to drama and stuff.......

If the series really doesn't agree with me atleast i can watch Dushku moving around.........poetry in motion and all that.........

Comment

I think you will like it then, given she gets put in some rather skimpy little outfits through the course of the series!

Comment

the show grew with each episode, turned out pretty decent by the end

the dvd/blu has a 13th episode that the network didnt pick, up but the contract between Whedon/fox was for 13 episodes

bizarre!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
            the show grew with each episode, turned out pretty decent by the end

the dvd/blu has a 13th episode that the network didnt pick, up but the contract between Whedon/fox was for 13 episodes

bizarre!!!!
            Fox counted the unaired pilot as part of the contract, and Dollhouse not being on this week allows Prison Break to have a double episode finale.

I will miss Dollhouse if it's cancelled but hope will see that scheduling it on whats know as the Friday death slot was a factor in the ratings. Hope they can learn from Fireflys mistake.

Comment

So if the 13th episode is missing, isnt there a gap in the plot then?

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                So if the 13th episode is missing, isnt there a gap in the plot then?

the last episode is an epitath, actually called 'epitath one' so I don't think it's vital. Both the unaired pilot and the 13th episode will be on the DVD/ Blu-Ray

Comment

This starts in the UK on the Scifi Channel, Tuesday 19th May at 9pm

Comment

Cheers for that Dan just set it. Its also in HD as well

Comment

Well after much confusion over the 13th Episode and making way for Prison Breaks series finale. It seems that Fox have renewed Dollhouse for a second season. I can't believe it. A show I actually like getting more than one season.

Comment

Watched first episode of this other night on Sci Fi and reminded me of a Quantum leap style series where each week they will be somebody else. Really enjoyed it and glad to see Joss back on tv

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
                          Watched first episode of this other night on Sci Fi and reminded me of a Quantum leap style series where each week they will be somebody else. Really enjoyed it and glad to see Joss back on tv
                          Its not like quatum leap. in quantum leap the main characther was the same person every week, he was in other peoples bodies, but he had his own personality and was still himself every week (well, most of the time).

In Dollhouse, the reason the first few episodes just didnt work for many is becuase Echo is someone different every week and when shes not on an assigmentr she has no personality what so ever, theres nothing to like or care about with her characther. Once the overall story arch of the season got going though it was really good, but I think that was too late for most people who had probabaly stoped watching by then. which makes the fact that its been renewed suprising really.
                          Last edited by rmoxon; 26-05-2009, 23:23.

Comment

Dazzy didn't say it was like Quantum Leap, he said it reminded him of a Quantum leap style series, and I would agree - it's like an inside-out Quantum Leap, with the same vessel each week being inhabited by a different person (Quantum Leap was a different vessel each week being inhabited by the same person), so it's not much of a stretch to see the comparison

Comment

Nonsense is fine when it consists of a small kernel of nonsense surrounded by something either plausible or interesting. Dollhouse has neither

That was pretty much on the money imo!

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                                Its not like quatum leap. in quantum leap the main characther was the same person every week, he was in other peoples bodies, but he had his own personality and was still himself every week (well, most of the time).

In Dollhouse, the reason the first few episodes just didnt work for many is becuase Echo is someone different every week and when shes not on an assigmentr she has no personality what so ever, theres nothing to like or care about with her characther. Once the overall story arch of the season got going though it was really good, but I think that was too late for most people who had probabaly stoped watching by then. which makes the fact that its been renewed suprising really.
                                Chill Winston.

Im a huge QL fan m8 and said it REMINDED me of a QL style series not that it was QL. I know Sam leaps into peoples bodys but hes still Sam. The ting with QL everweek was he had to potray that character to the outside world and this is done in a similar vein only reversed. Every week you got him acting as a new character to play whether it was a woman/bloke or a hitman or a monkey and it was great to watch and this has the same premise they wipe her memory and Charisma plays a new character every week with their flaws in personality what you dont find out till its too late etc.. If you remember from the off Sam didnt know who he was either and you learnt bits about the real Sam Beckett as time progressed.

Comment

Working...
                                X