Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
    Chill Winston.

Im a huge QL fan m8 and said it REMINDED me of a QL style series not that it was QL. I know Sam leaps into peoples bodys but hes still Sam. The ting with QL everweek was he had to potray that character to the outside world and this is done in a similar vein only reversed. Every week you got him acting as a new character to play whether it was a woman/bloke or a hitman or a monkey and it was great to watch and this has the same premise they wipe her memory and Charisma plays a new character every week with their flaws in personality what you dont find out till its too late etc.. If you remember from the off Sam didnt know who he was either and you learnt bits about the real Sam Beckett as time progressed.

Chill? I wasnt upset, I was simpley saying that as you watch it every week you will see that its nothing like quantum leap.

Of course you didnt know EVERYTHING about Sam from the off, that would be impossible, but you knew he WAS Sam, and within the first half an hour of the first episode you cared and liked him.

In Dollhouse, its biggest failing is you dont know who echo is, and why shes let them wipe her (infact you dont find out the answer to this in the first season at all as far as I can remember, or if you did it was so unintresting that I forgot).

So in essance its nothing like Quantum Leap, Quantum Leap was all about its main character and how he deals with his situation, where as Dollhouse is about everything but its main characther really.
    Last edited by rmoxon; 27-05-2009, 12:12.

Comment

Well im my opinion it is and Im allowed my own opinion no matter how much you try to force otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
        Well im my opinion it is and Im allowed my own opinion
        Yeah course you are, I just doubt you will still have that opinion in a few weeks thats all.

Comment

You gonna wipe his memory?

Comment

rmoxon =

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
              where as Dollhouse is about everything but its main characther really.
              I disagree. If you continue watching or have seen the full first season it becomes more like

Dark City and explores the idea that someone is more than the sum of their memories, that there is a personality and a way of doing things beyond who they think they are. It's why echo shares many of the traits of the girl she once was and goes beyond her programming finding creative ways to complete her mission. It's why Alpha is the way he is. This is everything to do with the main character.

Comment

Originally posted by Concrete donkey View Post
                I disagree. If you continue watching or have seen the full first season it becomes more like

Dark City and explores the idea that someone is more than the sum of their memories, that there is a personality and a way of doing things beyond who they think they are. It's why echo shares many of the traits of the girl she once was and goes beyond her programming finding creative ways to complete her mission. It's why Alpha is the way he is. This is everything to do with the main character.
                Well i kinda agree with that, only we still never really got to know echo, at least in dark city even if

the characthers wernt who they originaly were before the aliens arived, at least we got to know and care about who they were in the film

In Dollhouse Echo is a shell, theres nothing to really make you like or care about her, no matter how many hints they give us that she might be more aware than shes letting on, there still isnt really much there. And when shes on a mission, well you know that isnt really her too, so you still dont care.

I have come to enjoy the show quite alot, but mainly for the story, its still lacking in the way you just arent bothered what happens to anyone on the show, its not only echo thats unintresting, they are all boring characthers really.

In the end a TV show like this one is only as good as its characthers, no matter how inventive the story may be, and next season Dollhouse needs to really improve in this department, we all know Joss Wheadon is capable of making shows with brilliant characthers, so it should happen really... fingers crossed anyway.
                Last edited by rmoxon; 28-05-2009, 01:02.

Comment

Season 2 has started. I've not watched the first series yet. Might have to give this a shot.

Comment

Just watched the first episode of Season 2 an it felt incredibly disjointed. I hope thy was Whedon's plan. If not this could be over before it is given a second chance to kick into gear.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                      Just watched the first episode of Season 2 an it felt incredibly disjointed. I hope thy was Whedon's plan. If not this could be over before it is given a second chance to kick into gear.
                      Have you seen the Epitath episode of season one? (episode 12 which didn't air in America). It gives an idea of where the show is headed giving the most of the episodes more of a focus.

Comment

Originally posted by Concrete donkey View Post
                        Have you seen the Epitath episode of season one? (episode 12 which didn't air in America). It gives an idea of where the show is headed giving the most of the episodes more of a focus.
                        I'm not actualy sure if Epitah one is being counted a a "true" episode of the show. Many people wont have seen it, and while its a shame if they dont make an epitath two at the end of this one, I can see reasons why they wouldnt. Actualy, does anyone know if this season will have an Epitath episode at the end of it?

Anyway the first episode of season 2 was pretty good, The stuff between Topher and Doctor saunders/Whiskey was the first time ive watched this program and actualy felt an emotional connection to anyone on it. The "Assigmet of the week" was also more exciting than what we have had in the past and actualy added to the development of the plot with

Ballard becomeing Echos handler amongst a few other things

I found it a promising start, looking foward to the second episode.

Comment

The

surviving characters from

Epitaph One

(spelling guys) will be showing up sometime this season. They were supposed to be in the premiere, but were pushed back as the episode was too jam packed. Plus it was planned before they pulled out the longer episodes and went for the standard length this year, so it will be later on in the season.

Also, the ratings are sucking in the US, and have according to some online sources they have one more chance this Friday (baseball Friday after so no episode in USA). If the ratings don't go up (which no episode has done yet from the previous) then they won't be back after this Friday's episode. If they don't, it will be slotted in somewhere next year they've said to "burn off" the episodes.

What do they really expect for the show to air after 2 comedies dead in the water on a Friday. Not the same demographic. I mean, the show just before Dollhouse was given to FOX virtually free so Sony can get the show into syndication! I still say if they moved Fringe to Friday's at 8pm, Dollhouse at 9pm it would do a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by elaniel View Post

What do they really expect for the show to air after 2 comedies dead in the water on a Friday. Not the same demographic. I mean, the show just before Dollhouse was given to FOX virtually free so Sony can get the show into syndication! I still say if they moved Fringe to Friday's at 8pm, Dollhouse at 9pm it would do a lot better.
                            The Sarah Connor Chronicals was on before Dollhouse and it didnt help either show, despite the fact that before it was canceled it had become one of the best things on TV. I don't really want Fringe cancelled as well.

Dollhouse should be moved to another night, I'm sure it would get alot more veiwers. The thing is, it was Fox that destroyed the shows chances in the first place by making the creators change the pilot and turn the show into a more casual veiwer friendly experience, yet they then stuck it on friday nights, when casual veiwers dont watch TV shows anyway. They don't know what they are doing really.
                            Last edited by rmoxon; 07-10-2009, 01:22.

Comment

The ratings with Sarah Connor were still almost two million more than Dollhouse is getting now. Plus, T:SCC was already falling drastically on a Monday.

Actually, thinking about it I think they need to get Fringe on Wednesday's at 8pm and then Dollhouse at 9pm. The two shows would work together, especially as that was the original plan before Dollhouse got pushed to mid-season to give them more time to work on the show.

Comment

I would rather they kept Sarah Connor than this, just bored with the idea and have no urge to watch Dushku trying to act ... I was fine with her at first but she really is a bit **** isnt she

Those shiny pants distracted me in buffy....

Comment

Working...
                                X