No announcement yet.

District 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched this yesterday and I have to say it is superb, brilliant sci-fi film. Loved it from start to finish. One of my favourite sci-fi films now. I really want to watch it again but I will probably wait for the blu-ray release.

Comment

it is amazing that they can make something that looks so good for $30m, makes you wonder what the $200m films spend it all on.

I can see this polarizing its audience a bit though as I expect a lot of people will show up led to believe its a balls out actioneer when in reality its a bit of a throw back taking sci-fi to address real issues.

Is it just me or do others find the Saffer accent pure comedy, nearly every line had me smiling (in a good way) ?

Comment

The accent is quality. Coincidentally, the lead character / actor really reminded me of Lionel in Peter Jackson's BrainDead - quirky, playing the role for some comedy value, an accent that makes some words amusing (fook fook fook), they even looked similar. Some of the dialogue they had as well could have been shared between films.

I may go and see this again in the week. Best film I've seen all summer by quite a margin. I'm actually struggling to think of anything else this summer that's been above average....

Comment

Amazing film, that is all

Comment

Originally posted by Chain
            I'm actually struggling to think of anything else this summer that's been above average....
            I will be seeing this film tonight but I can definitely tell you that there have already been two rather memorable films this summer already; 500 Days of Summer and The Hurt Locker.

500 Days of Summer is the most wonderful film I have seen all year.

Comment

Just got back from seeing this. Never watched any spoilers on the internet, and thought it was awesome. Easily the best film I have seen for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial View Post
                I will be seeing this film tonight but I can definitely tell you that there have already been two rather memorable films this summer already; 500 Days of Summer and The Hurt Locker.

Not seen 500 days yet. Caught Hurt Locker, thought it was good for about 2/3s, real nail baiting film. Last third was a let down, the pace dropped off. Felt more character study was needed as well. Still worth checking out

Comment

Just saw this, really enjoyed it, a little more grim than I was expecting though.
                  It seemed very long but that may of been because I really needed a pes thanks to the big cinema drink.

Wickus is the most unlikely action hero ever.
                  Fook!

Comment

Just watched this myself also. Absolutely loved it.

I also had to laugh every time he said fook

Comment

Just got back from watching it. Absolutly loved it.

Spoiler:

Did the mech at the end remind anyone of D0G from HL2 aswell as the gravity gun? Pig Launcher anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial View Post

100% on those two, also Funny People

Comment

Blomkamp has shamed Hollywood with this, some of the best use of cgi I've ever seen and for only 30million. It does make you wonder what other directors are playing at.

I've loved the look of this since the fret trailer and am not in the slightest bit disappointed. Finally a scifi that not only has some brains, it also has the script, acting and direction to go with it. Best scifi since Aliens? Quite possibly.

I agree it is a film of two halves and that the first was the stronger, but it remains excellent throughout.

There are some blatent references to a certain FPS (that isn't Halo) too. This film deserves a much bigger response on this forum! A must see.

Comment

I did think the white rifles the mercs used looked like painted battle rifles

Comment

I've not long been back from watching District 9 and after following the viral marketing campaign and waiting to see it, I liked it. I didn't really know what to expect and it was quite bleak. The CGI was brilliant.

Comment

Hated the main character (what a twat) and the aliens were integrated well into the environment but were rubbish characters. I would have preferred a more general film instead of focusing on that one guy. I was very disappointed with the film and found it quite boring.

Also saw 500 Days of Summer, which was tremendous!

Comment

Working...
                                X