X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captainflimflam View Post
    It will be interesting if they try to play with the

"is it all in the main character's mind"

by using the film mechanic used in Children of men where the camera constantly follows Clive Owen. This would add the element messsing (but not ruining) the Arine version.

And one notice nearly all Arnie films are getting remakes/reboots?
    No one does long shots now, it's all about the 1/4 second quick cuts that mean you can't see anything and require zero directing talent to do. If you like that kind of shot, go through Kubrick's work

Comment

Good point ABS. I might treat myself to 2001 on blu ray soon. I did notice end fight in Transformers was quite hard to follow in some points and put it down to my old fried eyes (from too many darken room console gaming).

So has anyone heard anything more about the remake yet? taking it back to its source?

Comment

Irish star of In Bruges and Alexander beats actors including Michael Fassbender to lead in update directed by Len Wiseman

erm.....

Comment

Depending on what style they are going for, Farrell could be pretty good. I thought he was a pretty laughable actor who was only ever cast to attract the ladies, but he was absolutely brilliant in In Bruges.

Comment

I like Fassbender a well tbh, although Farell is a better actor I find him less likable.

Lets be honest though, this is going to be pap. Salt and all the underworld films are terrible!

Comment

I personally wouldn't mind seeing this remade. I thought the original looked tacky, even back when it first came out. Minus Schwarznegger's idiotic acting, someone might actually be able to do justice to the book with a decent script and the role.

Comment

Meh, they should of just left it alone, maybe make a new sci-fi film.

It's all going to look shiny and CG. boo

Comment

Doesn't really matter as I'll never see it but it's another one I don't see the point to. Why not just make a new sci-fi film, as EvilBoris says, with Mars or memory implants or any ideas they happened to like? It's a sickness.

Comment

Lmao. Do justice to the book? Book? What are you talking about? It's based on a story that's about 4 pages long. The original is an incredibly ingenious adaptation because it takes a VERY short story and turns it into a feature length movie, including mostly new plot ideas, while remaining true to Philip K. Dick's style of storytelling.

Comment

No, they'll go for the "gritty and realistic" angle that's popular now.

This would actually work quite well with Total Recall though but no, a remake isn't really necessary.

You know Hollywood is at its creative nadir when it has to remake Total Recall.

Comment

The original still stands up perfectly, there is no need for a remake as they cant really improve the original much, I think its a fantastic film.

Im sure Colin Farell would do pretty well with the character actualy but Im just not intrested in seeing this made at all.
                        Last edited by rmoxon; 17-11-2010, 00:01.

Comment

He better dress in drag and start shouting "Two Weeks!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                            Lmao. Do justice to the book? Book? What are you talking about? It's based on a story that's about 4 pages long. The original is an incredibly ingenious adaptation because it takes a VERY short story and turns it into a feature length movie, including mostly new plot ideas, while remaining true to Philip K. Dick's style of storytelling.
                            Book / story....does it really matter? Anyone would think the original film was a work of genius. It wasn't.

Comment

I was commenting on how you seemed to be saying that it was a poor adaptation. It wasn't.

Comment

[QUOTE=captainflimflam;1552825]I might treat myself to 2001 on blu ray soon. QUOTE]

DO IT!

Possibly my fave bluray!

Comment

Working...
                                X