No announcement yet.

Total Recall (remake)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was that actually filmed? Why has it not appeared as a DVD extra?

I would probably prefer the more ambiguous ending they went with tbh..

Comment

Yep, me too.

"It was all a dream" endings are fine for primary school essays and that poxy piece of cack Vanilla Sky but they have no place in a movie unless it's for some pretty spectacular reason.

Comment

Only allowed in
        Last edited by spagmasterswift; 04-06-2009, 15:36.

Comment

Why should South Americans get that superior ending and no one else?

Hey look he's got the Sony Wand jammed up his nose!

Comment

I preferred the ambiguity of the film's ending.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              Consider-der-der-divorce is such a memorable line though
              Just saying that line back to myself, the way you've written it, gives me guffaws.

I think a remake is a great idea. The film studio can make more money and produce more films.

Comment

The ending was perfect as it lets you draw your own conclusions, with the help of a couple of hints.

Total Recall was perfect and very much of its era, it so doesn't need a remake.

Comment

That has never stopped them before. Need doesn't seem to come into it.

Comment

Im still chuckling to myself about the '2 weeks' thing

Comment

If watching at work, make sure you turn the volume up to max!

Comment

So do you believe it was just a man made memory at the end or real life?

The thing that tricks us in to believing it's real life and not a fabricated memory in the film, is when Arnie is unconscious or away from a scene, the story is still revolving around some characters. Perhaps if it was just a memory, we wouldn't see anything other than Arnie's perspective for the whole film.

Perhaps I'm thinking too much too..

Comment

I don't get annoyed about remakes anymore. 95% of them are crap, so there is little point in thinking about them. If they turn out to be good, then that is good news, but.. it's a rare surprise.

Total Recall is a classic Arnie movie. Any remake should go down a different route and not try to immitate the original. If they put the Rock in it and try to make it funny, I think it will be lame. I'd hope for a more serious tone. The original is very lighthearted - but that didn't detract from the action and excitement. I'd like to see a different flavour with the remake.

Comment

Total Recall was a leaner thriller before Arnie was involved, it was re-written for him.
                            I have a small amount of faith in Kurt and think he can return it to its sci-fi thriller roots

Comment

It will be interesting if they try to play with the

"is it all in the main character's mind"

by using the film mechanic used in Children of men where the camera constantly follows Clive Owen. This would add the element messsing (but not ruining) the Arine version.

And one notice nearly all Arnie films are getting remakes/reboots?

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
                                Why should South Americans get that superior ending and no one else?

Hey look he's got the Sony Wand jammed up his nose!
                                Hehe class m8!

Comment

Working...
                                X