No announcement yet.

Blu-Ray Best Of The Best - for discussing releases only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent, I would rather have it on Blu-Ray anyway. Looking forward to that now

Comment

Result, uncut Hitman on BD due in March in States.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders View Post
        It's always a good result to see films being released uncut!

I can't help but feel that perhaps cutting out an hour and forty minutes from this film would have been preferable...

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders View Post

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/news...for_March/1382
          SO gald I waited now let it come to the UK or drop region coding Fox and we have a deal, what does that say at the top ?

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
            what does that say at the top ?
            Digital Copy / Special Edition

Comment

I think it's possibly what Fox will be using to show that it's transferable to a PSP as they have the specs listed as:

Originally posted by Fox

Special features

Disc 1:
              • Widescreen Feature
              • Forced Trailers - Alien vs. Predator: Requiem, Hitman Teaser Trailer, Hitman Theatrical Trailer
              • In the Crosshairs Featurette
              • Digital Hits Featurette
              • Instruments of Destruction Featurette
              • Para-Ordnance P18.9 Featurette
              • Blaser R93 LRS2 Featurette
              • M16 Featurette
              • FN F2000 Featurette
              • Micro Uzi Featurette
              • M240 Featurette
              • Settling the Score Featurette
              • Deleted Scenes - Ovie's Pool Scene, Hospital Scene, A Different Train Platform, Udre's Death
              • Alternate Ending
              • Gag Reel

Disc 2:
              • Digital Copy
              • Portable Digital Copy of Hitman
              Last edited by JP; 18-01-2008, 22:06.

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Has there been any word about Fox bringing Night and Day Watch out on BR, they are 2 movies i really want in HD.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                    It's always a good result to see films being released uncut!

I can't help but feel that perhaps cutting out an hour and forty minutes from this film would have been preferable...
                    Lol I think I would have preferred it if they had never released it at all. That is one film I won't be going anywhere near I don't care how could the transfer is.

Comment

Catching up on releases (only just starting watching Blu Rays as I've been skint) and watched Ice Age 2 the other day with my boy.

Not impressed with the film, the picture and sound was nice but the film wasn't a patch on the first one!

Die Hard 2 blu ray tonight, how is the quality on that one, anyone know?

Also, has Die Hard 3 not been released on blu ray yet?

Comment

Die Hard 3 has been released in the US, both on its own and as part of a boxset, but it's locked to Region A. However, the Australian release is Region B, so is playable on a UK PS3 - I think a couple of people on here have the Australian version.

I've got the USA set of all four films, and think the picture quality of all the films is great - although, perhaps obviously, the quality gets better as you go from the first film to Live Free or Die Hard.

I think I must have bought Die Hard about three times on dvd and blu-ray, and the blu version is the best I've seen it. Unless Fox ever spend a fortune remastering it (again) I doubt it'll be improved.

Comment

It seems that another Chinese built BD player is on the way. It has some pretty impressive specs too if you look at the spec sheet by following the below link!!
                          Originally posted by FWC
                          It seems that a second Chinese Blu-ray player is in the works. I can confirm that the Gowell Blu-ray player is not the one that was demonstrated at CES by invitation only.

The Gowell player also has a wide feature set including HDMI 1.3, Ethernet, BDR/RE support, SD/MS card slots, TrueHD and DTS HD decoding, etc. However some of the specs like the SATA support kind of imply that they might have a reference platform and will build for others to brand the player.

In any case, it is great to see new, potentially inexpensive players on the horizon.
                          Some New Line BDs have been announced too, well not exactly announced but New Line has published a list of some films which are getting 7.1 soundtracks at the moment which is as close to a BD announcement as you can get really.

Originally posted by FWC
                          We see via AVS Forum that Mi Casa Multimedia list quite a few new 7.1 soundtracks in development for New Line HD titles. The list includes Harold and Kumar 2, The Golden Compass, Money Talks, Frequency, Nightmare on Elm Street, The Butterfly Effect, A History of Violence, Rush Hour, Rush Hour 2, The Last Mimzy, Dark City: The Director’s Cut and Tenacious D The Pick of Destiny.

It is great to see so many nice titles in process over at New Line, and I am personally very happy to see the studio embrace 7.1 audio where the other studios, perhaps with the exception of Lionsgate, appear to be happy with 5.1.
                          Mmmm A History of Violence in HD!!!

Comment

Dark City ! Nightmare on elm st ! I love you New Line, but Money Talks ? really, realy?

Comment

Shell Beach baby hell yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
                                Dark City ! Nightmare on elm st ! I love you New Line, but Money Talks ? really, realy?
                                Those are the two that stood out for me from that list as well. Dark City in HD should look lush

Comment

Working...
                                X