• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robocup.
    Dead or alive, you're drinking a tea

Comment

Heheh. class.

Also, watched the first third of this before passing out last night. Better than expected, especially the plot update around the technology. Still lacking something. Maybe grit?. Everything is clean. I liked the slightly rundown version of detroit in the original better.

Comment

It's still a wait and see game but word is that Sony hasn't yet closed the door on a sequel to the reboot

A new report suggests that a potential sequel to last year’s reboot of the sci-fi franchise “Robocop” is still in play over at Sony Pictures. Den of Geek reports that though the first film’s domestic box-office failure with a gross of $58 million, the global success of the film – especially in China and the […]

Comment

It will be a shame if it doesn't get made, since butchering the original (although that's a little harsh - I quite liked the reboot) was only warranted in the first place so that we could eventually get a replacement for the unworthy Robocop 2 and the god-awful Robocop 3. Interesting to see how much Hollywood is relying on the Chinese market these days (and, worryingly, how much of the financing is relying on China).

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
            Interesting to see how much Hollywood is relying on the Chinese market these days (and, worryingly, how much of the financing is relying on China).
            You should watch the China Uncensored episode about China and the movies. It's all explained in that. YouTube channel by the way.

Comment

Worrying stuff. The world continues to sell its soul to China. Getting tired of this corporate horse crap. Its a match made in heaven though. It's all about making the most money possible at the expense of literally everything else (quality, artistic integrity, health). That's the Chinese way! Glad I live in Taiwan, probably the only country on the planet whose people are actually having an appropriate response to their government's attempts to sell its own organs to the Chinese. Good luck, Britain, you apathetic idiots!
              Last edited by noobish hat; 15-09-2015, 04:04.

Comment

Ummmm...am I allowed to post this???...and apols if it already has...but NSFW!
                Last edited by Colin; 17-09-2015, 19:49. Reason: Not suitable even with the NSFW warning.

Comment

Jesus Christ, that's really bad!

Comment

Would ya buy that for a dollar though?!

Comment

WTF did I just watch? Still, it was very well done. At times I thought it was just clips from the original movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        You should watch the China Uncensored episode about China and the movies. It's all explained in that. YouTube channel by the way.
                        I saw that too. It's all kinds of effed up. Censorship to calm Chinese sensitivities was bad enough but it's all much worse than just that.

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                        Worrying stuff. The world continues to sell its soul to China. Getting tired of this corporate horse crap. Its a match made in heaven though. It's all about making the most money possible at the expense of literally everything else (quality, artistic integrity, health). That's the Chinese way! Glad I live in Taiwan, probably the only country on the planet whose people are actually having an appropriate response to their government's attempts to sell its own organs to the Chinese. Good luck, Britain, you apathetic idiots!
                        Yup
                        Last edited by usman; 17-09-2015, 01:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                          WTF did I just watch? Still, it was very well done. At times I thought it was just clips from the original movie.
                          Don't ask me where it's from, I got a link from a good pal on FB and I just had to share. You're either horrified or cackling your head off after seeing that. I fall into the latter camp. But I have mild Tourette's.

Comment

I'm not horrified, in fact I though it was funny but it's still a WTF moment

Comment

Cool, I didn't wanna offend anyone (sounds weird watching that!) but I've shown it to at least ten people and they all say the same!! WTF?!!!! And "that's the best thing I've EVER seen!!!".

I think Nicolas Winding Refn of Bronson/Drive was involved, though not sure if that scene was done by him(?)

Comment

They got Robocop down perfectly. It so well done. Love the end too with the car.

Comment

Working...
                                X