Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Films Have You Watched This Week - The Sequel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Escape Plan My word, a movie starring Stallone and Schwarzenegger would have been the stuff of Hollywood dreams in the 90's. I fell asleep half way through, watched the rest of it later. It's really bad, just too little too late from these 2. Even their exchanges are terrible, it feels like they've actually becomes worse actors over time not better. Even the way they move they try and trick you into thinking they're pain free but every now and again you see the odd wince which gives the game away. These guys are over the hill action stars and are beginning to show the wounds.

I havent seen anything of worth from those 2 since they started making their OAP combacks but they're generally making good do$h from their shoddy efforts. I think I'll just avoid anything with them in from now on as they're clearly just in it for the money.

Comment

I watched Sightseers tonight.

I found Kill List to be utterly entrancing because it's so unusual, so I've been meaning to watch Director Ben Wheatley's next film for a while.

It's a bit more straightforward and a little bit more farcical, so had less impact.

It was OK, but a little silly.

Comment

Need for Speed

I really wanted to like this but it's very hit and miss, the action is so so, some good bits and ideas. The humor is a little too forced and some weird moments like overly long close up shots of the actors with waaaay too much product placement. Really needed tighter pacing (its over 2hrs long!) and more exciting racing, angles, ideas and choreography.Oh, and the soundtrack was bad. Like no energy pumping exciting tunes but moody ****. Otherwise the overall plot was very predictable, the casting decent but a fair section of this movie is a road trip which drags it out unnecessarily. My fave bit was when one of the protaganists mate has left racing and entered the rat race. He quits his job in such mad style, I was cracking up! f it, I'm posting the clip:

Its a shame as I feel the F&F franchise could do with a rival to kick it up the arse. Part 6 was fun but became comic booky silly.

Apparently Aaron Paul confirmed a sequel is in the works as this made decent money, I'd be interested to see what they'll do next time round.
        Last edited by bash; 14-09-2014, 21:35.

Comment

watched rampage bit of a difficult subject matter to watch but it is a uwe boll film that i actually thought was decent

Comment

Inbetweeners 2 via unscrupulous means.

Glad I didn't pay to see it though, turned it off after 30 minutes.

Comment

So you didn't get to the water park?

Comment

The AVGN Movie. I enjoyed it from start to end, and my biggest gripe being some bluescreen effects during driving shots not properly integrated. Other than that, there are videogames (though none is referred to by its true name), actors in spandex suits destroying miniature vehicles, over the top characters, and the AVGN review of ET.
                Sometimes the script gets a bit too convoluted, with a couple of scenes being there for no other reason than James loving this kind of stuff (

the zombie scene in the luna park

and

the killer robot toward the end of the movie

), but it drips with passion and love. AVGN in-jokes aren't many, and even if you don't know the show much, you'll be able to appreaciate the movie.

Comment

A Million Ways to Die in the West

Usual Seth Macfarlane, some hilarious jokes mixed with nasty visuals and one proper awesome cameo. The scripting was pretty good though, a strong 7/10.

Comment

Godzilla in the morning, CA:Winter Soldier in the evening.
                    Really hoped for more monster fighting in Godzilla, but I guess I was spoilt by Pacific Rim.

Comment

The Guest, twas short and sweet. Shot and styled in 80s fashion with a soundtrack to match even though it has a modern day setting. Dan Stevens is impressive as a strong silent mystery man. Shades of Halloween/the Hitcher with a dark humour.

Comment

Watched the first hour of the AVGN movie then turned it off. It's irritating how he fleeced $300k through kickstarter to fund this turd... What a disappointment, it's like watching a student film...

Comment

Watched Hesher. Joseph Gordon Levitt was brilliant in it as was the kid playing TJ. Only thing that confused me though is why were Hesher & Nicole (Portman) having sex? Had they become close enough to want each other or was Nicole really a prostitute like TJ accused her of being and needed the money? Or did Hesher just go around there and force the issue telling her he wanted her and forcing himself onto her?

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                            The Guest, twas short and sweet. Shot and styled in 80s fashion with a soundtrack to match even though it has a modern day setting. Dan Stevens is impressive as a strong silent mystery man. Shades of Halloween/the Hitcher with a dark humour.
                            I'm glad you enjoyed it. For me it was the dark horse entry of 2014. Dan Stevens can win an award for the quality American accent and serious bouts of unnerving staring as well. Definitely one to watch if you get the chance.

Comment

Just seen Transformers 4, jesus christ it was bad but did it have to be sooooo long? Michael Bay and the writers arent even trying and havent since the 2nd one which they blamed on the writers strike. To make matters worse it ends with a blatant setup for more sequels

Its probably better than the middle 2 but theres not a lot in it, the Dinobots are just plain weird and everything is cut and edited so terribly, I noticed since Bad Boys 2 MB thinks he's being clever and the audience is keeping up with his style but its just disorientating and lazy. Yes, adults dont want to be spoon fed plot details but they dont want overly long action sequences which dont gel together either. There were one or two moments where I thought it would get better but it kept taking even worse turns and plummeted further into chaos. I'm pretty sure my 12 year old self wouldnt have liked this and I liked a lot of **** back then!

Too many baddies, in fact too many characters and yet again Optimus is portrayed differently to previous outings, his dialogue in particular is woefully bad but not many people come unscathed. Stanley Tucci had some interesting lines but thats about as big a compliment as I can pay. FFS, they could have split this into 2 movies it was SO long and drawn out, so many scenes were not necessary and the characters who you didnt give a **** about were . . . . . just about everyone. The main baddie was the best thing but he wasnt used to full effectiveness IMHO. He had some bad ass moment but crappy dialogue too. The guest baddie was under used and just wasnt threatening enough. I could go on and on but needless to say part 5 will come in less than 2 years from now and make loads of money so I just cant be assed

Comment

So did you like it or not, bash?

I wish you'd be more clear!

Comment

Working...
                                X