Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Films Have You Watched This Week - The Sequel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    Rewatched Oblivion last night. I like that movie. It's one I regret not seeing in the cinema because of my dislike for Crazy Tom Cruise.
    Crazy tom cruise is making me miss a lot of good films at the cinema, I watched Edge of tomorrow at the weekend. (groundhog day + sci-fi + cool original looking aliens). it is a really well put together Sci-Fi film with some amazing action and a really good pace, with genuinely funny bits too.

its nice to see a big budget movie which accurately portrays the world outside America and isn't afraid to have a diverse cast. Casting Tom as an American Coward and Blackmailer is quite a brave move too. Real shame it tanked as it deserves to do better. If you like a sci-fi I can't recommend it highly enough.

Comment

Yeah I haven't seen that one. Cruise got to a point where I could no longer see his characters. I couldn't remove him from the roles he was supposed to be playing so I ended up just not seeing Tom Cruise movies. Oblivion is the first movie of his in years that I've actually seen.

Comment

I'd recomend it, its a different role for him thats for sure, He fits the sleazy coward with no choice role very well.

Comment

Enemy - low budget Sci-Fi with Jake Gyllenhaal and (the lovely) Melanie Laurent. Absolutely brilliant and loved it from start to finish. Dark in mood and in a similar tone to Coherence (but not similar in topic) and if anyone knows what the

spider - both regular size and giant

symbolizes, then I'm all ears

especially when it recoils from him in terror in the last scene!

It's a Disaster - This one is similar-ish to Coherence in it's topic, but is deliberately quirky and funny, along with some more recognizable actors. Brought a smile to my face on numerous occasions and again, recommended.

Comment

So I watched GOTG last night and it gets a big meh from me, tbh its no better than the rest of Marvels Studios fare. Its far too kiddy friendly for me and the humour was mostly miss (the only bit that made me LOL was when

rocket claimed they needed one of the crews fake eyeball

the soundtrack was not to my taste either and Pratt is no Harrison Ford, I actually thought he'd crush the role judging by the trailers but he was pretty average to me, lacked charisma. So many aspects to this movie I've found over rated. I can only assume the reason this has done so well is because adults have taken their kids to watch it as its so family friendly. Was pleased with the odd swearing but the lack of violence or even threat of violence (genocidal mad alien . . . . . BORRRIIING!) plus Thanos was not interpreted anything like I thought he'd be.

Im just really glad I didnt watch this on the big screen. Best Marvel films for me are still Ironman 1 and CA2, the rest are forgettable affairs. Marvel Studios will continue to be flawed as long as they have Spidey and Mutants missing from their roster.

Comment

Yeah I can understand that point of view...

if you're dead inside.

Just joking of course.

No, really. Sorry to hear you're dead inside, Bash.

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                So I watched GOTG negative blah blah.
                your dead inside

Comment

LOL, I could've gone on but feared coming across as a troll as I know the film was pretty much well received everywhere. If it was abit more hardcore like . . . . I dont know, Raiders or Temple of Doom in terms of scares/fear factor action I mightve got on board but none of the cast (bar John C Reilly) clicked for me and I especially need a good bad guy in my hero movies and Ronan (whilst decent in the comics) just didnt cut it for me. He had one decent moment when he kicked the crap outta Drax but he went all camp shouty when he powered up. Plot, acting, music, action and cast just was too miss for me, maybe my 14 year old self would've loved it but I doubt it.

I am getting a rep amongst my mates for being a fussy old git when it comes to movies, esp comic book ones but this franchise I was going in blind as I had almost ZERO reference to base it on.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                    I actually did find it quite distressing, just the sheer injustice of how two children from a loving home could end up in that situation through the actions of adults. The scene in the doctor's office was particularly hard to bear.

The bit where the older brother wants to get close to his sister as they are sleeping and she rolls away from him is one of the few (if not the only) moments of cinema that I can honestly say has changed me.

I'm not sure it's a movie you can fully digest the first time, especially if you have been 'pre-spoiled' by hype.
                    Considering my increasing-with-age twitchy-crying-like-a-child trigger I don't think I could watch this.

Comment

Pain and Gain

Starring the rock and mark wahlberg...Haven't laughed so much since groundhog day. Its just a weird mix of gangster and almost slapstick, and cements wahlbergs comedy credentials for me.

The most unbelievable true story i have ever seen.

Comment

Don't Be A Menace To South Central While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood

Managed 30 minutes of this before I had to switch it off. I prefer my spoofs to be funny.

Comment

Fury (Erm thanks North korea)

Pretty good stuff with loads of action and pretty good dialogue

Brad Pitt for me has been in so many good movies but not really won that much for his acting (only a golden globe for 12 monkeys)

His Oscar was as a producer

Comment

The Skeleton Twins

Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig are brilliant in this. Its a sad story and a little depressing, but its worth watching for the performances alone...the lipsynched starship song "nothings gonna stop us now" was brilliant.

Oscar worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              Don't Be A Menace To South Central While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood

Managed 30 minutes of this before I had to switch it off. I prefer my spoofs to be funny.
                              Blasphemy!

Did you even wait long enough for the Bernie Mack bit?

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                                Blasphemy!

Did you even wait long enough for the Bernie Mack bit?
                                Ahahaha brilliant.

Comment

Working...
                                X