Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Films Have You Watched This Week - The Sequel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
    its like they had a limited budget so had to
    Or maybe, you know, the plot of the film required that? I'm pretty sure the script is made first before the start of filming.

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
      Or maybe, you know, the plot of the film required that? I'm pretty sure the script is made first before the start of filming.
      I'm glad you agree its digusting that the script was butchered

because they could only afford Clooney for half the film, but nothing can prepare you for the bit where they rip off that bit in Wall-e where the robots dance with fire extinguisher, absolutely disgusting

Comment

I'm guessing you watched it on a small screen? It really requires a cinema I think, without the spectacle you would probably analyse it too much.

Comment

I saw it in Japanese

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
            I'm guessing you watched it on a small screen? It really requires a cinema I think, without the spectacle you would probably analyse it too much.
            I think if i had seen it on the big screen i would be of the same opinion, maybe i would have enjoyed it more, but its a very showy predictable funfair ride nothing more, i think i lost interest when i released it was a disaster movie with only one possible outcome

with only one cast member left so early on it removes all the danger from the situation, so its less about will she survive and more about how she survives and your along for the ride

Comment

I'd love to make a film where the main character does die before the end.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                Erm...

Psycho, Scream, Executive Decision, Deep Blue Sea, LA Confidential, Pulp Fiction

As for Gravity, I agree that it's a simplistic roller coaster ride, but it needs to experienced on IMAX in 3D for the full experience.
                It's like saying you've been on this:
                [hide][/hide]

...but actually, you've been on this:
                [hide][/hide]

Comment

Get IT RIGHT chimp the second image should be this

HULK NOT CAR??? HULK MAN!!!

Really what's going on there have they chopped up bits of hulk and stuck him on a car poor guy
                  Last edited by Lebowski; 26-03-2014, 10:44.

Comment

Watching Gravity on the TV is doing it wrong. It should be seen in the cinema, in 3D. Only film where I've felt that 3D actually added something to the experience instead of being a pointless gimmick. I was gripping my seat almost from beginning to the end.

Comment

I imagined people watching on a plane's in-flight entertainment or on their iPhone on the way to work and wondering what all the fuss was about.

I would be as unimpressed as half a Hulk trapped in a small blue car!

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                        Have you seen 6th sense?

Comment

Originally posted by smouty View Post
                          Have you seen 6th sense?
                          Armageddon
                          Falling Down

Comment

there not the same main character dying/sacrificing themselves at end is a well used and viable plot device.

back to films where the main people die at the beginning who could forget the classic, Bill and Teds bogus journey

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
                              Should he have broken down crying hysterically like a little girl instead or what? He was a veteran astronaut, probably ex-air force or other military too. His character's role was to give courage to Bullock's character and help her survive and "chatting her up" was just one of the coping mechanisms of surviving and getting her to think other things in the deadly situation they were in.
                              I never said that don't strawman me, dude.

And no, I don't think the captain, after watching his entire crew get owned by space debris, should start chatting up the remaining survivor while she's attached to a corpse.

Also, for such a 'veteran' if he had just climbed the rope instead of giving a 5 MINUTE speech about himself he wouldn't have floated off like a noob.

Comment

Think I'm about halfway through Only God Forgives.
                                jeez it's self indulgent pap.

Gosling's said three words in 45 mins so far- just lots of brooding looks! Think I'll try and soldier through tho- the wife's given up and gone to ring her mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X