Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Films Have You Watched This Week - The Sequel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, it's unfortunate because it looks gorgeous and sounds even more gorgeous. It came so close to winning me over a few times and, had it ended well, I actually think I might have forgiven a lot of the poor stuff. But it didn't. With a stronger story, the same combination (director, look, actors, soundtrack) could have been wonderful.

Comment

Yeah, why does the main guy walk and move in slow motion?
      agree about the score tho.

Comment

Watched grudge match last night and it was enjoyable enough

Some quite funny moments in it

Comment

And tonight I watched home front which was also pretty decent fare

Jason statham doing what he seems to do best
          Last edited by buster_broon; 29-03-2014, 22:44.

Comment

The Secret Life of Walter Smitty

I really enjoyed this, its a strange little sentimental tale really.

Stiller and the whole cast are decent, and despite a slow start, its a good effort and well worth a watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
              Gravity or as it should be called "a short film about heavy breathing and making stupid choices under pressure"

i found it quite poor and both my wife and i couldn't see what the fuss was about it was very over hyped i was expecting more than just sandra bullock panicking in space.

its like they had a limited budget so had to

kill off most of the cast in the first five minutes then kill of one of the big Hollywood stars as they couldn't afford them both. oh right your gonna drift off into space because at this moment in time the parachute wont hold you both but later on it cause's the escape pod to fling itself back at the ISS yeah well played guys, and its a parachute that should be strong enough to hold a big metal capsule too

but we will ignore than as its a movie and therefore not realistic in any way shape or form.
              I watched gravity last night on my 7" tablet and thought it was quite good the story was very similar to the film the guardian with Kevin Costner. I can see how the 3D would have added to the experience but cinema to me will allways be about storytelling.

The parachute was attached to the capsule at two separate points by large bolts where as it was only loosely wrapped around the astronauts leg,

Comment

I watched it in 3D on my 47" and thought it was a spectacle...That I'll probably only watch every other year.

Comment

I'll never watch it again, but that one time was incredible.

Comment

I saw a couple of films recently.

Tangled - We mainly watched this as we were sick of having to watch Toy Story on repeat with our son. He lost interest half-way through, but we watched to the end!
                    I thought it was great and an interesting take on the Rapunzel story.! Part of me mourns the end of pure animated cartoons from Disney, but this was very well done with an amusing script. The horse, Max, was particularly humorous.

Her - Spike Jonz's love story between a man and his... erm operating system...
                    Joaquin Phoenix plays a man with an awful moustache. The moustache man has an incredibly well-paid job writing letters for people who struggle to write emotional things by themselves.

One day, he decides to upgrade his OS to one with artificial intelligence that is designed to adapt and evolve. He chooses a female voice and she decides her name should be Samantha. He's going through a painful divorce and he appreciates the opportunity to talk to someone about it and Samantha absorbs all of the experiences and helps form her own emotions through them.

Moustache man takes Samantha out on various excursions and talks about his previous relationships and dates and grow more intimate with each other. Before long, he realises that they're in a relationship.

The film then follows them as they spend time together learning about each other, their likes and passions, and also the hiccups in their relationship that ensue when one person in the relationship is a human and the other is an operating system...

Well, I won't reveal how it turns out, but needless to say, if I were him, I'd be getting a refund from T-Mobile.

I love Jonz' music videos (Buddy Holly and Sabotage especially), but his films always fail to hit the spot for me. They're interesting and a break from the norm, but ultimately never really say anything.

I'd love to hear if anybody else has seen it and what they think.

Comment

Rambo on the telly last night. Thought it was tat.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        I saw a couple of films recently.

Tangled - We mainly watched this as we were sick of having to watch Toy Story on repeat with our son.
                        You have a son?

god help us!

Comment

She says he's mine.

Here we are together and I think he looks like me:

[hide][/hide]

Comment

Well you cant argue with that evidence, althooooooough . . . . . . . .

I did expect more metal.

Comment

Frozen.

Enjoyed it but hugely overrated. Highest grossing animated movie ever, yet I'd not rate it much above Shrek 2 in my favourites list. Certainly better than the first Toy Story but not the sequels.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                She says he's mine.

Here we are together and I think he looks like me
                                I don't know if you've noticed but you're a ginger and he's brown. You both seem to share the hatred for Italians though.
                                Last edited by Guts; 02-04-2014, 14:20.

Comment

Working...
                                X