No announcement yet.

Battlestar Galactica........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with all above and thought this weeks episode was a total mess.

I always believed that the strength of the show was that it appeared to have a very strong idea where it was going and the characters were all properly formed, this elevated it way above beinga simple sci-fi drama.

Once you rip up the character rule book and make anything a possibility it really weakens the impact of events as you have been building or buying into them for weeks.

The Ellen stuff this week seemed particularly jarring after the previous episode.

Comment

the story is getting confusing - or might just be me being thick...

so the final 5 were cylons back on earth 3000 years ago- were these made by humans or centurians? then they had a civil war with the centurians and escaped the nuclear business by being reborn on the ships in orbit above earth - but 'john' suspended them, making the new class of cylons the leaders?

Comment

Yeah, that about sums it up. The

Final Five were born, as in plain ol' human-style reproduction but from a race of Cylons that were originally created by man it seems. And, yeah, the rest seems to be what happened.

Comment

I had a revelation during last nights episode. Jesus was only ever out to get laid!

Comment

What they've done with Baltar's character sums up the decline of the series for me. And has it ever been explained how that 6 talks to him?! Is it all in his head or does she have some link to him?

Comment

on a baltar subject -

were they implying that the little kid, also called gaius (sp?), was HIS kid? afterall, baltar gets about abit eh?

Comment

well my guess on Baltar is that

he is the supposedly boxed Daniel

but then again I don't expect this to make sense like it used to so who knows how the six talks to him ?

Comment

Well the

Daniel wasn't boxed. It was completely killed. But my guess is that a Daniel survivor was Starbuck's father. Or is Starbuck in some way. My theory on Gaius is that he's just a bit nuts.

Comment

ahh, good call there dogg thang and merf never thought Gaius or starbuck

could be Daniel

Comment

About the head visions, its not just Baltar. Caprica 6 also saw a 'head-Baltar' when she returned after her mission (she was in the resurrection goo and baltar was by her side telling her to act coy).

President Roslin also experienced head visions of her good friend the prophet lady who died on Kobol (sometime after receiving Hera's blood I think).
                      So its safe to say that there is a single entity that is manipulating these people. Who, how and why better be explained....

Perhaps its

Daniel...?

And I agree, that episode was a mess. Seems to be alternating between intrigue and benality week to week.

Comment

Pretty dull episode for the first half this week, but the second half was excellent. Still not much in the way of answers but it seems to have setup where the plot is going for the final few episodes.

Comment

god this was tedious this week, nearly 50mins of nothing happening at all for a couple of smallish payoffs at the end.

plus I may be wrong but isn't the special cyclon ability of

cylon projection

all new and never before mentioned, handy way to get out of plot holes if you can invent new stuff ?

glad this ends soon as its becoming a trial.

Comment

nah its not new it was mentioned when baltar was getting tortured in one episode so he could escape the pain

Comment

Baltar did it all the time with Six in the first and second seasons. Definitely not a new thing

Comment

Much better again this week, hope it keeps ramping up the pace now.

Comment

Working...
                                X