No announcement yet.

Battlestar Galactica........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't help but burst into laughter when Adama started to paint.

Comment

god this is getting worse, absolutely nothing is happening.

how many more episodes to go as I'm starting to lose the interest in even finding out what happens ?

Comment

The last couple were getting back on track but like you said, last night nothing happened. Adamas paint fit was cringeworthy.

I will stick it out as I still like the characters, I still care, I want to see what Bob Dylan has to do with everything, but I really hope something bloody happens! The Vipers must be rusting by now.

Comment

There's 2 episodes left I think. I'm guessing the last one will be double-length though?

I agree - that was pretty poor, the story wasn't furthered at all. This last (half) season really has been a let-down. I'm glad it's ending which is a shame.

Comment

i also thought Sol

had accepted he was a cylon

, rather than keep calling them toasters?

was a bit rubbish eh? nothing really happened.

also, one minute hera's is hating boomer, then the rest shes crying for her. christ girl, make your mind up...

Comment

Well at least we know what Daniel looks like now, after he helps Starbuck work out the "Cylon Fanfare" It certainly does look like he is behind at least some of the extraordinary things that are happening.

Comment

They're never going to be able to tie up all the unanswered stuff with only two episodes left. I wish they'd make Baltar funny again, he used to be by far the best character. He's crap these days.

Tigh, however, is now the top dog. He's brilliant. (Lampkin would win the series if he was in it more often.)

Comment

Baltar had a funny speech a couple of episodes ago - when he came back to his followers. Can't remember what it was. He was a great character and the actor still plays him brilliantly. I think my favourite Baltar moment was his delivery of "butterfingers" during his trial.

And, yeah, Tigh is just genius. That one stunned expression he does is hilarious but he actually comes across believable. And in the last episode, he's actually very endearing in his human/cylon mix. If they had managed that earlier and got the Adama/Tigh relationshi working, the cylon integration wouldn't have felt so out of character for so many of the characters.

Comment

I'm pretty confident that the piano player was

a vision of Starbuck's father

, who is
                    . It's presumed that

there was only one at that time because they were maturing the copies, which were corrupted by Cavil, so if he was killed without copies to download into he'd be gone forever

Cavil/John mentioned how he was disgusted by the idea of biological reproduction, especially with humans, so if Daniel had relationship with Kara's mother it could have been what drove Cavil to kill him, along with his jealousy. It would explain his sudden disappearance and it all fits, what with something not being quite right about Starbuck and that her father and Daniel were both musicians.

It also throws a spanner into the works over Hera not being the first hybrid child, which will probably be the key to whatever happens in the finale.

I'm almost tempted not to watch the upcoming episode right away because waiting a week for the finale is going to kill me.

Comment

Hmm, as the second last episode that should have been so much better. Yeah it setup what is happening in the final episode but only in the final few minutes. The rest of the episode was fairly entertaining, but hardly the revealing answer-fest I was expecting.

I noticed they got rid of the spoiler drum-roll during the intro, strange they lost that so close to the end!

Comment

Yep, nothing really happened apart from the last quarter hour. I enjoyed the

flashbacks

but I thought they were going to mean something.

They showed a brief trailer for next week's episode on Sky - it is a double length episode as I suspected it might be. I hate to sound negative but at this point I can't really see a way it's going to tie everything up satisfactorily (especially as there's supposed to be a TV movie following on shortly?)

Comment

This week's Adama painting the walls was Lee chasing the pigeon. Coming in a close second was Roslin's Yoda impression. Too many laugh out loud moments in this one and most of it was utterly pointless.

Just one week left and so much nothing and yet one giant story starter never used - the revelation that a Five Cylon chucked another Five's wife out an airlock. Well, I guess the whole idea of the Chief having a family was dropped so they could explore all those other pressing explosive story threads this season.

Comment

I think one of Hera's musical drawings must have the Del Amitri classic 'Nothing Ever Happens' scribed out.

for a last but one episode that was drivel

Comment

Well it's all over now... a fitting end I thought and they managed to leave us with not too much confusion (see what I did there?) considering the monumental size of the explanation that was required.

I won't say too much about the actual events, I just thought there were a couple of weak moments in the course of it but the finale was great.. only let down by overbearing music and some very poor dubbing!

Be prepared for LOTR syndrome regarding the ending...

Comment

lol yeah, I thought the same about the ending.

It was a satisfying ending and answered most of the questions, though the episode itself wasn't brilliant because it tried to do too much. Previous end of series episodes have been more effective.

So then, two questions:

What was Starbuck? She was said to be the Harbinger of Death in Razor, she died and found her body...and yet as far as I'm aware none of this was ever followed up or explained.

Where the two angels just that, angels?

Sad to see it end to be honest

Comment

Working...
                                X