X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still are!

Comment

My take on the matter...

I kinda thought that the whole point of Adama and Roslin "losing" it after finding Earth (Roslin going into hiding and the Old Man wanting Tigh to blow his brains out) led to their acceptance of the Cylons. They realised that their situation could be the end of the line. They had no faith left whatsoever (as highlighted by their cringeworthy bed scene where they were quite willing to let everything go to hell) So when Tyrol comes to them with a offer of faith (while being Cylon, three of the final five still have their loyalties with the humans) Adama is at the point of "seeing where it goes, otherwise frak it" While this choice does seem a little out of the ordinary, I think it highlights exactly what these people are....human and vulnerable.

Comment

I completely agree with what Dogg Thang has said. I love the show but it is a pale shadow of it's former glories. Apart from the climax of epiosde 3 (which turned out to be a let-down in episode 4) who whole of series 4 has been very average. The show used to be a perfect mix of action and drama. Now we are just eternally bogged down in the politics. So many characters have gone off the boil (I'm looking at you Starbuck!) and stories just go round in circles.

I will stick with it to the end but I feel sad that so much promise has been wasted. Other show like Heroes and Lost get criticised for changing things too much and confusing people but they still hold my interest. The only reason I still watch BSG now is to see it through to the conclusion. If I didn't know that this was the last series, I would have given-up by now.
        Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

This season is getting better and from the latest episode, the story around the final 5 and how they came to be sure does un-mystify on the shows characters

Comment

I really wish what was unraveled now was spoken about a little earlier, there are some interesting things that will now go to waste with such a short time left.

Comment

Yeah, there was almost too much information in that episode. Hopefully they will use this episode to do some cool **** for run to the end of the season.

Comment

I haven't seen it yet so don't actually know the information but the show was in bad need of an information dump so I'm kind of glad to hear it happened!

There's a straight to DVD movie announced called The Plan, or maybe Plans. It's due later in the year and apparently fills in what the Cylons were doing in the first place. And then Caprica has been given the go ahead - the spin-off that is set something like 50 years before about the creation of the first Cylons. I have mixed feelings about the trailer - initially, I thought it looked hideously dull but, I don't know, maybe not having the luxury of space battles and easy action might lead them in an interesting direction. Or it might be Lost-alike rubbish. Or a modern day Galactica 1980. Who knows.

Either way, both of those leave me with a huge fear - that the show we're watching now doesn't have a real ending. That it loops back to the past and serves as little more than an intro to one of the next projects. I hope not. I mean, they wouldn't, would they?

I've been really tempted to buy the original series on DVD. It's really cheap now. I think less than £20 in some places. Anyone rewatched it recently?

Comment

saw this on Sky last night and yup, very good episode, a real info dump and did pull a lot of stuff together.

just not sure how reliable the narrator on Galactica is and whether or not we should be taking it all on face value or not ?

Comment

found this and it helps a lot after last nights episode, no spoilers if you've seen the ep, lots if you haven't

and lots of fanboy context putting here, this stuff is detailed (again no spoilers if you've seen it) !

Maureen Ryan of the Chicago Tribune interviews Jane Espenson and Ryan Mottesheard about the episode:[3]
                    Last edited by merf; 18-02-2009, 10:20.

Comment

The episode could have been delivered as a written essay. It was exposition from start to finish. Still, about bloody time.

Considering they had written themselves into a corner and taking into account it doesn't really look like they had a notion of what they were writing when they wrote a lot of the previous reveals, I thought the explanation actually came out rather well. I could buy into most of it.

Parts did highlight the character difficulty that taking that writing approach leads to -

like, there's a seven?! Why have none of us ever wondered why the Cylons skipped a number?

They are answering questions that every viewer has asked and yet, inexplicably, none of the characters. Just like the

Chief's kid bit from a few weeks ago.

But I could buy the explanation.

A little disappointed there seems to be no fallout from the uprising. Like it's just business as usual now. And the new opening with the old Cylons just made me wish the show had gone in a different direction and been all Cylons vs Humans.

Comment

I'm expecting some action soon,

the 6 is clearly on orders by John to escape with Ellen, so she can find Earth/Galactica with Bad cylons following closely behind.

Comment

Huh, I actually found the latest episode pretty dull. It doesn't seem to be leading up to much at the moment.

Comment

anyone else think that ellens character was abit of a mess?
                            like on the base ship she was all calm, confident, intelligent, and arguing with 'John', but then as soon as she steps back on galactica, shes all boozey, mind games, binty ellen from back in the day....

Comment

I love Battlestar Galactica, I really do, but the last season and a half for me has been a real let-down. I'm kind of feeling that I just want it to be over now which is a shame as the first two seasons were some of the most compelling sci-fi in many a year. It's not terrible or anything, don't get me wrong, but compared to seasons 1 and 2 the whole story-arc of this season just seems like it's not going nowhere.

I literally have no idea where they're going for the end now (which is good in a way) but I just can't see them pulling something incredible out of the hat.

Comment

Totally agree on Ellen, Mr.Rich. It was like the writer of this hasn't seen the show in a while.

Ellen went from holy cylon mother of exposition, patient and wise, to old boozey Ellen. The Chief, finally getting his place back on the ship and wanting to help Galactica jumps at the chance to leave. And no fallout at all from the uprising that saw whole ships turn against Adama (they must be handing out flowers back on their ships) and even when Baltar talks of a revolution, there's not a mention of what just happened. That's just weird. On top of all that, it was a wandering, aimless episode. Yikes.

Last week the show had me buying into the nonsensical elements. This week let me down on the basics.

Comment

Working...
                                X