No announcement yet.

Battlestar Galactica........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So much more enjoyed the first episode of the series than the mini series a while back. Much more tension with the whole 33 minute thing. I think the mini series eps were probably a bit too long and started to drain a little. I shall definitely be following this one for a little longer.

Comment

Next ep tonight for those with seive memories.... sp?

Comment

There's something I forgot to mention about after last week's episode, something that (for me) added to it being more realistic than the original series.

When that communications officer (can't remember her name ) was asking about friends/relatives of hers, and was told she could put the photos on the board outside the room. When I saw that the 'board' covered a good chunk of the corridor outside the room, that made me feel a touch sad, as it indicated (a little) how many people had died during the Cylon attacks on the colonies.

This, in turn, added to the realism, I think. Since the original series didn't seem to care who had survived that assault. They just gathered the refugee fleet together, under the Galactica's protection, and left. There was no indication afterwards of them trying to find out who had died, and they seemed to be coping pretty well in the fleet as well.

Did anyone else think that board of photos added to the realism at all?

Comment

Similar to 28 Days Later...

Comment

Originally posted by anephric
            Similar to 28 Days Later...
            Not seen it, unfortunately.

Comment

Missed tonight's episode. Anyone know when it's repeated on eithe Sky one or Mix?

Comment

8pm Thursday, Sky One Mix

Comment

Ta very much.

Comment

Np.

Quick observation/question about tonight's episode:

It looked to me that whenever the Cylon in Boomer was either in control or trying to take over, her eyes changed colour. They seemed to be solid black when the Cylon was in control...

Did anyone else spot that?

Or am I imagining it?

Comment

I think that was just her acting, a dosile look came across her face as she was "activated".

Not sure about this episode, the stuff on the planet seems a touch out of the way to be useful, but its gonna have a purpose obviously.

Still hasn't degraded into comedy episodes yet, I just hope it never does. Baltar was classic as usual though.

Comment

Yeah, Baltar is definately a good humour element to the show. His choice of collateral for the card game against Starbuck was a little funny (I think). Even better was him beating her, and being gracious about it with that cigar.

Question though, there was a sign on the wall of the briefing room, when (among other things) Baltar was giving out his calculations of supplies for the civilian ships in the fleet, that said the Galactica was part of Battlestar Group 75.

How is that possible? As mentioned in the mini series, the Colonial Fleet has a maximum of 120 Battlestars. You can't split 120 ships into 75 groups.

Comment

Well it seems to be keeping up the quality, and introducing new story streams, now I am worried that there might be too many for my brain to cope with.

Comment

I'm more worried that the early story streams will never be revisited...

Comment

I'm still really enjoying this. Its got me quite gripped.

Comment

Just watch tonights episode, damn do I love them space battles, its so intense.

Comment

Working...
                                X