No announcement yet.

Jeremy Clarkson Fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's not exactly short of a few quid though is he. Maybe he is on some profit sharing deal on sales to other countries/merchandise etc.

Comment

Much as I normally share cynicism...

The guy's allowed to change his mind.

He said he wasn't fussed in the 24hrs after Clarkson was fired/the whole thing happened; maybe he went home, thought about it for a week, and decided maybe it would be a fun turn for his career.

Comment

Maybe the guy just wants to stop getting up at silly-o-clock to host the breakfast show to drive the world's most amazing cars in exotic countries and doing silly challenges?

Comment

I'm still going with money.

Comment

I kind of don't mind Evans taking over, he's a fairly logical choice. I'm concerned about who they might couple him with and the tone of the new series. They'll probably want to retain some of the banter aspect but regardless it will be a different show as Evans couldn't pull off the old school humour. (A plus for some)

Comment

Evans is ok on the radio but as soon as he gets near a tv camera he makes me want to sterilize the human race

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                Maybe the guy just wants to stop getting up at silly-o-clock to host the breakfast show to drive the world's most amazing cars in exotic countries and doing silly challenges?
                He's still doing the radio show on top of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  Much as I normally share cynicism...

The guy's allowed to change his mind.

He said he wasn't fussed in the 24hrs after Clarkson was fired/the whole thing happened; maybe he went home, thought about it for a week, and decided maybe it would be a fun turn for his career.
                  This tweet from him in March was a bit more than "not fussed"

"RE @SkyNews Top Gear debate. I can categorically say I am not and will NEVER be running for office. Pls discount my candidacy," he said at the time.

I'm all for giving him a go, but never been a fan, nice to have another ginger on prime time TV though, never enough of them

Really can't think of the pair that will join him though, just hope it doesn't all turn in to a cringeworthy attempt at comedy. Will the rest of the world warm to him? not so sure.

Comment

We live in a country where someone can perform an about-face on a specific, signed political promise, and still be deputy-prime minister.

I still have zero concern over him having changed his mind.

Comment

Evans is decent but Top Gear will be a hard act to follow.

Comment

Is anyone else a bit bored of Top Gear and would welcome a bit of a change?

The last few series have descended into a sketch show. The humour always used to be the humorous scrapes they'd end up in, but everything is so faked now, I struggle to enjoy it.

I watched the preview interview thing they did, but I don't think I watched a single episode of the latest series.

Having watched TFI Friday, I'm confident Evans will do a great job.

Comment

They would be better off ditching Hammond and May anyway. Hammond is just a gurning toady to Clarkson, and May a bumbling fool. Start from scratch, it needed a total refresh anyway, personally I stopped watching it a while back due to the predictable crap you could expect every week.

Comment

I rarely watch it myself because it's so predictable.

Comment

That's two of the forum's biggest petrolheads who find it predictable and have stopped watching it!

Comment

I've not watched a new episode on broadcast day for about three years. You don't actually ever need to watch it because it contains no actual information. It's just a entertainment show. It's fine, but it's like watching the same show over and over with slightly different cars/locations.

Comment

Working...
                                X