No announcement yet.

New and current FS anime Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FMP ep9-10, wow Chidori looking out for herself and Sosuke having a breakdown,

I didn?t expect one of the Twins to die so suddenly, and in a rather pitiful way. I don?t expect the other last long either.

Shuffle ep12 ? got a bit serious that one towards the end, lets hope this isn?t the direction it's headed in.

Suzuka - As you lot say, she?s being less of a bitch, but im still routing for Honoka to win!

Comment

Anyone know If Aria is being subbed by anyone? I really like the manga Aqua and it's sequel Aria which going by the raw seems be the starting point instead of Aqua.

Slice of life is what I need for now.

Comment

Not sure anyone has picked up Aria, apparently it's a media factory product which I take it means most groups will stay well away from it(going by what I'm reading).

There is Paradise Kiss, which is a slice of life show I think and a couple of groups are doing it. Might want to check that out.

Comment

Honey'n'Clover ep22 - only couple of episode left ,

takamoto's whole finding himself thing is wonderful to watch, and with things coming to head with Maya,Rika,Yamada soon(can't wait to see what happens, but Yamada gonna be disappointed i reckon) and Morita feeling exactly like Takamoto is a big surprise for me, with him thinking she needs him and Takamoto feeling the exact opposite, great stuff.

GitS SAC 2ndgig ep25, what an episode

setting up what will be a kicking ass ending i hope, i reckon that circle that smoke at in the last shot shows the nukes is airborne and with refugees looking to mass suicide to evolve on to the net, i have not idea if this is going to pan out or not with a lot of people dying. Major and Batou due new body parts, you bet

Blood+ ep1, very clean and crisp visuals, but anyone know what period of time this is set it,

as 'if' she is a part vamp/full vamp that could explain her past being clearly Vietnam based, but then that wouldn't explain why there's a war still going on with American troops looking they do, definitely watching the next ep. Plus you right, that guy is Brandon Heat

not got round to watching the last of speed grapher yet, saving that for tomorrow along with canvas2, playball, Clusters Edge and Black cat 1st episodes

Comment

Highlight for me this new season is without a doubt, Mai-Otome. I loved the first series to bits, and this new spin-off has been cranked up a few notches in all areas. Whilst there are familiar characters making cameo appearances, most neither go by their previously known name nor behave like their previous selves either (bar a few exceptions) - ideal for people who haven't seen Mai-HiME.

Cluster Edge piqued my interest quite a bit, though there's far too many bishounen pretty boys prancing around already...

Comment

Originally posted by Taka
              Cluster Edge piqued my interest quite a bit, though there's far too many bishounen pretty boys prancing around already...
              So that's what they call it. The bit on the train where they meet face to face and that guy with the black hair starts twirling around sparkling, whilst giving the other guy some longing looks. That was a bit strange. It's an interesting setting and stuff, I like the designs of the aircraft but I didn't really have much of a clue what was going on in the first episode but I suspect(re:hope) it might be explained in later episodes.

Speed Grapher 19 and 20 was ace. Really looking forward to the last few episodes now.

Comment

Finally finished Speed Grapher

Loved the last few episodes and it made Suitengu one of my fav badguys ever, he had the moves, the class and the background, that stuff with Yui at the very end was quite saddening, specially when Saiga nit the nail onthe head about him regreting mercy killing his sister ;_; and he still got double the victory in death defeating Saiga and Japan/world.

I cheered when that money went up in smoke, take that you fatcats! but it was bittersweet victory having Saiga loseing his eye sight, still i was hoping Kagera might fix it with her power up until the end, but im still quite happen with the ending credits. Top show and totally out of the blue, the best kind

Comment

been stuck in a cabin at fort blockhouse whilst HMS Brecon was getting ripped apart by the disposal team

anyway just downloaded upto episode 12 TSR so i've a few to watch there

but i have been watching the following:

Gundamn destiny - upto episode 50, this is the first gundamn i've seen and its pretty decent

lunar Bleach - only watched upto episode 5 - but again not back

full metal alchemist - totally blown away, watched all 51 episodes in 3 days - just a fantastic series, funny and full of good action - well worth watching if you havent seen any of it

Comment

also watched the whole series of cowboy bebop and ninja scroll

quite let down by ninja scroll to begin with but it got better towards the end

cowboy bebop is cowboy bebop

what i would like to know from you anime fans - how does the movie fit into things on a timescale

obviously........

it ends with Spike most probably dead with the entire syndicate and ed leaves to join her father and takes Ein with her, but in the TV series they meet up with Ein and ED, so is it towards the end of the tv series just befor ethey leave??? - confused

Comment

the movie set before the final show down, around ep 22/23, can't remember exactly its been 3 years since i watched the series and a couple of years since the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal
                        Finally finished Speed Grapher

Loved the last few episodes and it made Suitengu one of my fav badguys ever, he had the moves, the class and the background, that stuff with Yui at the very end was quite saddening, specially when Saiga nit the nail onthe head about him regreting mercy killing his sister ;_; and he still got double the victory in death defeating Saiga and Japan/world.

I cheered when that money went up in smoke, take that you fatcats! but it was bittersweet victory having Saiga loseing his eye sight, still i was hoping Kagera might fix it with her power up until the end, but im still quite happen with the ending credits. Top show and totally out of the blue, the best kind
                        Totally agree. I just finished and the last few episodes were awesome. As a whole the series was fantastic, there were one or two weak episodes but the last few episodes(ep 17 to the last ep) were just brilliant. Really liked the ending as well.

For me personally Suitengu was the star of the show. As you say the guy was just class and definitely one of my favourite bad guys. He had a wicked power, a great background story and some fantastic scenes throughout the show and especially in the last few episodes. Personal favourites being

the bit where he pwns all those guys during episode 22 including the prime minister and on the other hand the scene with his sister which as you say was very saddening.

I actually thought the bit where Saiga lost his eyesight was a brilliant touch. I mean yeah it would have been nice if he had got it back to make for a perfect happy ending(I'm a sucker for those) but he would probably have had his power still as well I think, which would mean he wouldn't be able to take the photos he loved so much. That's why I think the loss of his eyesight was nice touch because now he is able to take his photos albeit at a very big disadvantage.

Can't say I've got any complaints with the ending, the series just finished off really nicely. Great stuff.

Comment

anybody else watched the first episode of Jigoku Shoujo yet?
                          of the new shows i've checked out so far this season, this one is easily way ahead of them all. very cool little horror/suspense type story.
                          from this episode and next episode preview its hard to tell if theres going to be a story throughout the series or just a bunch of one offs. either way, i'm hooked on this one already, which is nice after not being too impressed with the other new stuff.

Comment

Another thing about Speed Grapher

The way he went for the missle rather The Don (as Suitengu will now be called) summed up his character perfectly. I felt sorry for Ginza as well. Completely crazy (in love) bitch, but I found her awfully sexy for some reason. Shame she had her heart ripped out right at the end (I'm not a fan of old dudes wanting to bone 14 year olds, but hey, when in Japan). The whole boss/chainsaw/leg thing has to be one of the creepiest things I have ever seen. I had shivers after that ep. Just amazed that the show worked best without all the silly powers at work. When is was just the characters interacted, it was magnificent. Still, can't argue too much, one of the finest anime I've seen.

I'm hoping Blood + does just as well. I wouldn't worry about the plot Tobal, the OVA and manga never did a good job of explaining it anyway. If I were to guess

Saya has somehow forgot she's one of the pure blood vampires, fighting against those things which 'were' human-vamp hybrids created by humans for ****s and giggles. Not sure about the whole Vietnam thing, and I don't think the Japanese are at war with anyone, just likely the US is involved in the project. In the manga, turns out she is actually a clone of the last remaining pure blood who died a while back, but that could change in this series. Gungrave looks like her old boyfriend who also appears to be immortal, and has a nasty case of brown arm

Comment

anyone still watching monster? 65 just came out but im still stuck on 53 i think...

it's just one of those shows which you can't bother watching but once you watch one you can stop it!!! :O

with 12 eps in the line, i think i might start it again tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Fuddle
                                anybody else watched the first episode of Jigoku Shoujo yet?
                                of the new shows i've checked out so far this season, this one is easily way ahead of them all. very cool little horror/suspense type story.
                                from this episode and next episode preview its hard to tell if theres going to be a story throughout the series or just a bunch of one offs. either way, i'm hooked on this one already, which is nice after not being too impressed with the other new stuff.

That was bloody awesome, "revenge is a dish best served cold" as they say. Had a Paranoia Agent kind of vibe in there at times - great stuff!

Comment

Working...
                                X