No announcement yet.

New and current FS anime Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the previous season got licensed so I think that the subbers are more wary of touching something that has been licensed (although I can't find anywhere that says the second season has been licensed yet). Shinsen won't touch it and I don't know if the previous group other than shinsen are able to release on their own when they've already picked up a new series. Shame really since I quite liked Moonlight Mile.

Edit: ef - a tale of memories: Uh, quite scattered should I say. The perspective skipping was a bit strange really but overall I liked it, I think. Nice artwork and music at least. My only major gripe is that Raki's voice actor is in it and he irritates me immensely.

Also, Gundam 00 looks so much nicer in hd quality.

Edit 2: Was that your name I saw in the ef credits Zapp?
    Last edited by Mr.Jeff; 12-10-2007, 00:48.

Comment

Clannad ep 2 - Another good episode introducing some of the other girls(if only briefly)

well that was certainly a play on the viewers from ep1 ending had me expecting we where in for some magic... and then it turns out to be so simple. Loving the interaction between Tomoya and Nagisa, both trying to help one another out as im certain they see each other as lonely people which lead us to some of Tomoya past which was surprising, as i wasn't expecting his family life to be that dark, thought it would be the usual drunk deadbeat dad not helping out. Loved the little bits with Kyou, starting out with the bike bit and then turning it into Bi . While Kanon was very good, this is already leagues ahead of it. Dango,dango,dango!

Comment

I thought Clannad was very good. Some really nice character design too. I've managed to get a fair bit of stuff recently incl. all of Lovely Complex (only watched the first one so far but I was on the train home yesterday and was laughing out loud People must have wondered what the hell I was on!)

I'm really enjoying Sky Girls. Animation is brilliant, it's funny, nice mecha design. Is it only 13 eps though? It seems to start kicking off towards 10 -11 but I can't find anymore about it.

Also got series called Umisho and Doujin Workswhich look like they might be quite funny.
        Last edited by teddymeow; 13-10-2007, 13:42.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
          I'm really enjoying Sky Girls. Animation is brilliant, it's funny, nice mecha design. Is it only 13 eps though? It seems to start kicking off towards 10 -11 but I can't find anymore about it.
          26 episode series but only 13 episodes have ben subbed so far.

I need more Clannad.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Jeff View Post
            Well the previous season got licensed so I think that the subbers are more wary of touching something that has been licensed (although I can't find anywhere that says the second season has been licensed yet). Shinsen won't touch it and I don't know if the previous group other than shinsen are able to release on their own when they've already picked up a new series. Shame really since I quite liked Moonlight Mile.

Edit: ef - a tale of memories: Uh, quite scattered should I say. The perspective skipping was a bit strange really but overall I liked it, I think. Nice artwork and music at least. My only major gripe is that Raki's voice actor is in it and he irritates me immensely.

Also, Gundam 00 looks so much nicer in hd quality.

Edit 2: Was that your name I saw in the ef credits Zapp?

Hehe. Well that's how I watched ef ep 1. Got roped in at the last minute Watching through the ep multiple times isn't exactly my idea of fun though.

My thoughts on it are similar to yours really. It seems like another show in the mould of the likes of Kanon, Sola, etc... which I generally tend to enjoy even if they don't always (if ever) end up being truly spectacular. Very confusing first ep though. I'll be watching to see how things turn out with it.

Comment

genshiken 2 seems nice enough, not quite as good as i hoped, but i'm sure it'll come good. The best bit was at the end when they were talking about lots of 2nd series, and how long it is between them. not sure if the reference to one being over 2 years ago was themselves...it cant be that long can it? Nice to have it back anyway.

clannad episode 2 was quite interesting again, so i think i'll carry on watching that.

i also watched some terrible shows today.
              kimikiss pure rouge
              rental magica
              goshuushou-sama ninomiya-kun
              kamichama karin
              all rubbish imo.

so far that leaves me with gundam, genshiken and clannad...posibly blue drop and dragonaught
              still got night wizard, bamboo blade and myself yourself downloaded to check out.

Re: teddymeow - doujin works.
              i thought that was pretty good. i cant remember anybody else mentioning it, but its only 12 episodes at 10 mins each. great opening/ending music too.

Comment

Sketchbook ep1 - It's ok, looks very school rumble in art. My only problem is the main girl as im not a fan of over shy personalities with a fetish for cat paws... i'm sticking with it for now as the other characters seem 10x better than the main lead. Also a certain cameo from a certain cat gave me a laugh.

Gundam 00 ep2 - i don't think i've ever hated an entire lead cast, celestial being are stuck to way up there own arseholes. The only reason im watching it is for Graham(this shows Zechs/Mu La Flaga?) to kick some emo gundam pilots ass. Lets hope ep3 has Graham owning that dickhead in the melee gundam.

Comment

I liked the first episode of Sketchbook. The main character i agree isn't as strong as it needs to be at the moment but it's nice enough. I like the daftness of the purple haired one for some reason.

Dragonaut ep2 - This series has some real issues with the storyline or maybe it's just one of the characters. His best friend is an idiot:

"Gee, why won't you join the army I'm working for so you can go to space with me like you said you would? I don't get why you won't help the company that's deliberately concealed the real reason behind your family's death and made your life a misery in a billion diffferent ways. Oh, I'll just blindly follow their orders and try to shoot you rather than using a single ounce of thought"

<_< Still, I'll stick with it probably.

Gundam ep 2:I dislike the purple haired guy in this for some inexplicaple reason(Virtue?) although that may be down to his design. The story's a bit iffy at the moment but at least the combat is well done. With any luck it'll pick up when they get some real opponents against enemy gundams.

Edit:
                  Shana ep2: Well there's some plot going at last (hooray) but I wish they'd stop the bloody triangle with Yuji, Shana and Yoshida. Another season of that would be awful. Also, it's quite funny to realise that Shana's voice is the same person that did Al in Full Metal Alchemist.
                  Last edited by Mr.Jeff; 14-10-2007, 12:10.

Comment

Shana ep2 - Much better than the 1st episode,

and certain bodes well that Yuji actually as some extra hidden power on par with Flame Haze after Hecate stuff, i would what Keeper he is though and how did get Keeper status along with his existance power up. Well funny the ending with the new transfer girl coming in to there school hahaha. I'm still hoping Yoshida gets some sort of power, maybe of the stone golem/tuning fork guy from season one.. maybe his sucessor

Lovely Complex ep24 - last episode, some nice stuff in end from a good romance comedy. Shame they didn't do a 5 years/10 years later thing, would have been interesting to see them inthe future.

Bamboo blade ep1 - really enjoyed this, nice bit of fluff to watch when i don't need to think

Still got 6 new shows to watch and a couple of surprise subs like Hellsing OvaIII and Sola fan serv... i mean Dvd extra ep14 and Doujin Works last couple of eps.

Comment

Clannad ep 2 - I'm in agreement with Tobal here. I'm liking this more than Kanon at the same stage.

The Bi scene was great.

Sketchbook ep 1 - It'll be no surprise to hear I loved that first episode. Pretty much got exactly what I was expecting. Didn't have a problem with the main character either but yeah she's not my favourite at the moment. It seems to be a mix of Azumanga and Aria only leaning more towards the slice of life Aria side. Enjoyed the President Aria cameo too. No doubt I will be sticking with this. Should be a nice replacement for Aria until the third season rolls around. One of my favourites from among the new shows already.

Minami-ke ep1 - I've heard it described as a mix of Kyou No Go No Ni and Ichigo Mashimaro. I can see where the Ichigo Mashimaro comparison is coming from, as Kana is bascially an older version of Miu. Same sort of energetic, mischievous personality. And the show has a similar relaxed pace and feel to it. At the moment it's not quite as ecchi or as suggestive as Kyou No Go No Ni (very little is tbh) but some bits in that first episode were hinting at the more ecchi bits to come (if I am to believe what I've read about the show). Loved this too, surprisingly enjoyed it more than Sketchbook which I was more hyped for. Another keeper. I'd recommend it to fans of Ichigo Mashimoro or Kyou No Go No Ni (Today in Class 5-2 as it is otherwise known). Worth checking out.

My opinion of the season as a whole is slowly changing now (for the better) and I've still not sampled the first episode of Genshiken 2 or Gundam or even Shana 2 for that matter. Need to get my skates on.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post

Gundam 00 ep2 - i don't think i've ever hated an entire lead cast, celestial being are stuck to way up there own arseholes. The only reason im watching it is for Graham(this shows Zechs/Mu La Flaga?) to kick some emo gundam pilots ass. Lets hope ep3 has Graham owning that dickhead in the melee gundam.
                        Aw, come on.... I haven't started watching that show yet, but surely it can't be worse than GS Destiny, can it?

Comment

well episode 2 has them sorting out th Sri Lanka conflict(now its the Tamil's in Mecha vs China) by murdering everyone in there super mech while 'badguys' mecha can bearly turn around.

The only likeable characters so far are the graham the english ace for AEU, seems to be the 'looking for a challenge' and the Big boobed Chinese girl(and thats only cos she's got big tits).

The Gundam Meisters(hello Otome) are so far a Sagara clone without the comedy x10 the emo, the sniper guy carries a haroharo with him that pilot the machine for him, the planedam pilot is the emo coward and is some how is a meister even with his hair always covering one eye even when piloting.... fatdam pilot is by far the most annoying freak of the bunch 'strenght is everything' , "is this the most efficent Kill shot" and variations of is all he spouts in a terrible voice.

Comment

It can't be worse than GS Destiny, can it?
                            Sunrise can be like dwarves: they dig too deep, too greedily.
                            Right now it feels like Gundam Wing, which is bad.
                            The first five minuted of the first episode were alright - I can accept an 08th MS Team with a more emo charades as long the story is good.
                            Unfortunately it quickly developed into a Seed-like thing, and I expect it to turn worse as long the story goes on, just like Seed Destiny.

Comment

There has been a ton of new series starting over the past few weeks. So is there anything yet which is standing out from the crowd?

Has anyone tried the new You're Under Arrest? Or Kaiji, Night Wizard, Myself Yourself, or Mokke?

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                                Has anyone tried the new You're Under Arrest? Or Kaiji, Night Wizard, Myself Yourself, or Mokke?
                                Theres a new You're Under Arrest? Im going to have to check this out, i loved the original ovas.

Comment

Working...
                                X