New and current FS anime Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wild_Cat View Post
    Actually, there is one thing: I'll have to wait for the DVDs to be released in Europe to buy them. Because in the R1 release, the episodes have been re-ordered: they're in chronological order, thus forcing the viewer to use the end-of-episode hints (again, but this time in reverse: listen to Kyon, not Haruhi) and fiddle around with multiple discs to get the original broadcast order! How stupid is that!?
    I think it'll be the same with english language r2, although I haven't read up on them (not followed them as I've already got the DVDs) so I maybe wrong. The situation with the r1s was the same with the Japanese r2s. From what I remember reading it was the company with the license in Japan (Kadokawa?) that forced the chronological order. I think in the r1s they got around this by having a special edition set which came with a bonus disc that had the episodes in broadcast order or something of the sort. It has been a while mind you so things may have changed. I suppose they could do the same for the english r2s as well. I guess if you really are that bothered about broadcast order have a look around regarding the special edition r1s (assuming you haven't done already in which case ignore me )

Comment

So darker than black ending:

Hmmm, quite an interesting ending really and done reasonably well but I can't shake the feeling that it felt a bit too rushed somehow. It just seemed to me for the build up to the climax of a series it went a bit too quickly. Aso, i still have no idea Mao died.

Now to wait patiently for the Heroic Age finale...

Comment

Dam DtB torrents from sudo's not working, ep25 the final? Gonna have to wait till the trackers working again.

in the mean time, Lucky Star Twins do GTA:SA...

Part 1 (Twins + Doraemon + Pikachu and various anime/video game cameos+music)
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Part 2 (more the same but the near end is a cutscene from the game acted with the most unlikely of people)
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

tobal, I was finding the sudo torrent from tokyotosho wasn't working earlier so I got the one from isohunt.com instead and that seemed to work. Maybe give that one a try?

Comment

How fast do your torrents come down? I'm geting some really slow downloads at the moment and was wondering if there was any way to speed them up?

Comment

Thanks i'll look into that.

Torrents depend on the amount of seeders, so you could have anything from 5k to 800k/sec, you'll only reach high speed on very recent subbed episodes and olders ones tend to be dead, best way to get old stuff is IRC but thats means knowing the subber channels and server they reside on, i don't keep list anymore as i rely on torrents but im sure a few around here use IRC to get stuff. if its not the Seeders, or seeder to leeches, then it might be you need to open up a couple of ports, google port fowarding.

Comment

Tobal, once again I thank you for your knowledge.

Comment

Yep. I use IRC as my primary source for getting anime shows. It's not that difficult once you get going and is most often the quickest way to get a file for me. Most of the groups are on the rizon network(plus you can always search for a group's details on anidb or by looking at the torrent comments on tokyotosho), as am I on most days just not always at the computer. I can help if anyone needs it. I usually go by the nick Zapp|AFK or Zappster. So just msg me and I'll see if I can do anything to help. I might not always respond straight away though. Usually 8pm onwards I'm in and around the computer.

Newsgroups are good for that stuff too but I find that alot of the latest stuff is available on IRC quicker than it is on usenet. So generally I'll check newsgroups and IRC first and then go on to the torrents as a pretty much last resort (or in those cases where it's the only option). The other beauty of IRC is that as long as file is available for sending it should give you good speeds and you're not reliant on the seeding of others. The downsides are that sometimes files are harder to find, especially the older shows in which case torrents or usenet are the fallback options. Mostly IRC usage is just about getting used to it. Once you do that you'll wonder how you ever did without it, as I do on many a day now.

Comment

^Thanks muchly. I "think" I've sorted out port forwarding on my Home Hub (surely not as easy as going into my Hubs' menu and assigning bittorrent to my PC?) as my download speeds seem to have increased somewhat. I'll check some IRC stuff and see which I prefer.

Thanks again.

Comment

Urgh I really need to catch up with my anime watching. Just finished a 12 hour marathon reading session of manga to finish a series. It's been worth it though, I've read a whole bunch of stuff, 22 series or various completed and uncompleted things(some of it ridiculously sentimental but eh ) and it's just been great. Time to catch up with lucky star and seirei no mribito before the Heroic Age finale appears.

(P.s, I'm probably only typing this because the last chapter of the series I just read left me in a happy mood )

Comment

Oh god. Heroic Age Finale.

HAPPY ENDING! YAY! Although there's been points where it's been a bit difficult to understand what's going on, mostly down to translation issues I'd imagine, I just love this series. Exactly the right way to end it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Jeff View Post
                          Oh god. Heroic Age Finale.

HAPPY ENDING! YAY! Although there's been points where it's been a bit difficult to understand what's going on, mostly down to translation issues I'd imagine, I just love this series. Exactly the right way to end it.
                          Indeed, good ending with almost everything i wanted.

Would have liked to have known if Age/Dna stayed on this side or went through the gate at the very end as it not made clear. Have to say the show did pick up after a fify middle part as the space battles raged on and the last couple of eps have really been one massive ending. It lost me at times to, mainly around the alternate functions of the heroes(the key/door stuff) and why so many had to die in order for the Heroic tribe to learn/gain a 'spirit' which let them beat mental chaos and open the door way. Still a happy ending that was good for once.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                            Indeed, good ending with almost everything i wanted.

Would have liked to have known if Age/Dna stayed on this side or went through the gate at the very end as it not made clear. Have to say the show did pick up after a fify middle part as the space battles raged on and the last couple of eps have really been one massive ending. It lost me at times to, mainly around the alternate functions of the heroes(the key/door stuff) and why so many had to die in order for the Heroic tribe to learn/gain a 'spirit' which let them beat mental chaos and open the door way. Still a happy ending that was good for once.

I think the way Deineira was talking about how she didn't know which path she was to lead people without Age is a small suggestion that he comes back rather than her leaving. Still could have been a bit clearer. But soppy ending, loved it I'll probably keep an eye for out to see if another group does the series again in batch if it gets released on dvd or something to see if their subs make anymore sense. Times like that I wish I understood japanese -_-

Lucky Star 22 - Quite a good episode this one. Usual banterous humour but also with that nice story near the end. Loved the Shiraishi video at the end again.
                            Last edited by Mr.Jeff; 04-10-2007, 19:09.

Comment

Darker than Black 25 -

Interesting twist at the end with Bai being alive inside Hei all this time and the doors been clearly left open for another season, which i hope happens as i like Hei, Yin and co.

Just watched ep 22 of Lucky Star myself - really good ep, its the sign of a good show when that small story goes really sentimental with technically a fresh character and makes you care that there, with Konota and her Dad helping set the scene after some humorous banter followed up by that characters introduction, almost went a bit teary eyed

Comment

Hmmm... new shows are starting to roll out. Checked the first episode of Clannad but still to watch the others like Da Capo II. My thoughts: Very enjoyable first episode. Some interesting little bits in there and I already like some of the characters... Spectator's view on tomoyo for example Will be sticking with this one for sure, I expect it will be subbed fairly regularly too which helps. Looking forward to seeing what mysteries lie ahead. Just for some speculation on my part I'm going to go ahead and speculate that Nagisa is

the ghost girl that those kids were talking about in the hallway.

I expect that those who liked Kanon as I did will probably enjoy this show too. So check it out if you haven't already. Not sure I'd recommend it to anyone who doesn't at least mind these types of shows. I don't see it changing anyone's mind, but I'd be pleasantly surprised if it is a step beyond the likes of Kanon and Air. It is apparently the most epic, in terms of timespan, of the Key visual novels. Covering different generations IIRC.

edit: actually just came across a decent point which I thought I'd mention. The girls don't seem to say the "cute" one-line catchphrases/weird sound effects like the Kanon girls. Just from the first ep they seem to be more normal and less... can't think of the word. Anyway I remember talking about this point with stainboy which IIRC was one thing that turned him off Kanon. So perhaps I was wrong and maybe this is an example of something Clannad does right where Kanon goes wrong for some people. Time will tell I suppose. Still way too early to say much (even though I have gone on for a fair bit <_< )

Now to finish off Heroic Age, Darker than Black, Kaze no Stigma, Zero No Tsukaima Season 2, etc...
                                Last edited by Zapp$ter; 06-10-2007, 00:33.

Comment

Working...
                                X