Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gundam Ep25 is an hour?

Comment

Spent the weekend at an anime convention in Southampton and have only just got back.

Bloody good fun too. Been a regular attendee of UK cons for about 11 years now!

Didn't see anything new as the UK distributors continually threaten legal action if fansubs are shown.

Got in and started to watch Hidamari Sketch. Has the potential to be as good as Azumanga or Ichigo Mashimaro in that "nothing happens but lets string it out for 25 minutes anyway" kind of way.

Good stuffs

Comment

Hidamari's a good series for being a nice slice of life series. You might also want to look out for Sketchbook as something else similar to it.

To aru Majutsu no Index End: Well the final story once again had a bit of stupid explanation. It's like they can set up a really interesting story but when it comes down to the final segment of it it all falls apart. I did enjoy the Last Order/Accelerator story though. Very looking forward to the spin off Railgun series and would quite enjoy a second series of Index if they have the material for it.

Comment

I forgot about Index's end last week, which again wasn't a real ending but it means we'll get more and i always love a good underdog fight. Also go,go BiriBiri!

Kemono no Souja Erin ep4-7 - caught up a bit with whats been subbed(gone with speed subbers now, ss wwwwway to slow) and im really enjoying it for what has been build as a kids show, which i can only say it only in the art. A bit gutting watching ep6/7 come around and give the Erin's world the old upside down teatment ,

i wasn't expecting to see this happen or at least this soon in a long show. I'm keen to find out who the blame lies with when Erin was told to shutup about her keen insight into the kiba's deaths and how she'll deal with her mum having been excuted cruelly... anyway lets see what ep8 brings, i think it to soon for a timeskip and didn't spoil myself with the preview...

i recommend watching up to ep7 to get a good taste of the show, a mishmash of Mushishi and 12 Kingdoms combined.

Comment

just watched the pv for cat **** one
            it looks awesome! never heard of it before, but i'll be keeping an eye out for more now.

Comment

Gundam 00 Final: Not a bad ending overall, sure it went abit wayward during the middle in S2 but overall a good series.

It was nice to see the Exia back even if it just was for a few mins, the Gundam 0 was also a nice nod to the RX-78. Was also interesting to see that their planning to expand the 00 series, with these "dialogues" they keep mentioning as part of Aeolia's plan, and whatever is going on with Jupiter, even if it is just the movie it will be nice to see more of the 00 universe.

Its also a shame we didnt get to see the 00-Avalanche animated, that thing looks so badass:

Comment

I think that R00 kit was just part of a model range, still looks bloody ace, think it was nicknames 7swords awhile back.

Ending wasn't as good as S1, but was good enough for the mess it dug itself into in the last 3/4 eps when the tactics went out the window and Trans-Am+skill became all the rage. Didn't stop me enjoying some of the stupid bits like

the mass suicide mechas, Tieria getting owned silly and Setsuna's Moonlight Butte... i mean Trans-Am Burst.

While the final battle istelf was good, and the nod to Guncannon and then the simple Exia vs Rx78 where good, i liked the Graham vs Setsuna battle better. Alsoo gooooo Patrick

Comment

*pops a mecha boner*

I do like that.

And also, anything going by the name of Cat **** One surely deserves a viewing at the very least.

Comment

There's a trailer out for Cat **** One. It looks amazing. CG series with cute furry animals in a realistic war context

Also : http://queensblade.net/ Queens blade live action! Hate April Fools day but I do appreciate the effort when people go all out.

Comment

Cat **** One trailer

Shangri-la

Comment

lol That looks brilliant. I hope it lives up to that. Cat **** One i mean.

Don't know what to think of Shangri-La, i can't take that name seriously anymore. Zelda CD-I ruined that for me. A girl with a boomerang though, kinda meh. Will have to wait and see.
                        Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 01-04-2009, 20:58.

Comment

Looking forward to Guin Saga myself, hopefully it wont be a short version with a made up ending 'cause it could go on for ages. Basara could be interesting but will have to wait and see on that one. Something about Basquash that is annoying, might just be one big Nike advert. FMA and Eden of the East looks great though!

Comment

Out with the old, in with the new...

Tytania End: Despite a couple of deaths it really kind of went nowhere. I kind of enjoyed it but I wish there was less of the stupid comedy side of Fan Hyulick and more of brilliant fleet strategist that he's supposed to be. There's the potential for something interesting but it seems to be stuck in a rut of mediocre inanities like with the princess.

New season!
                            Phantom 01; Despite the iffy subs, this is looking quite interesting. Typical beetrain feel to it but I think it's working better because it moved quite quickly compared to something like Noir. Maybe this is down to it being 13 eps(apparently)? Overall; Has potential.

K-on 01; Hmmm. If I was too say anything about this it'd be that it's more like Hidamari with a consistent plot rather than Lucky Star. Not really feeling any major humour from it but for a cutesy slice of life series, it seems servicable enough. VA's seem a bit strange at times though. I do like the ED video with it being made to look like a proper music video. Overall; Fairly dull but watchable enough.

Queen's Blade has subs but I don't trust the groups behind them. That said, considering the content of it, I'm wondering if I even need coherent subs to sample it.
                            Last edited by Mr.Jeff; 03-04-2009, 18:33.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                              Watched the final Linebarrels yesterday.

A happy ending? Who would have seen that one coming? Oh and Emi was miraculously healed by Linebarrel. How handy. Still, not a bad series overall.

Might consider picking up the manga.
                              Finished it now to, massive amounts of blurring going on because the CGI fight moved way to fast, but i was expecting a stupid ending being the show been pretty stupid since the start while being fun at the same time. Would anyone want to explain what the heck that other Robot was doing outside space'n'time?

also need to get me that tune they play when Linebarrels gets heated up.

Comment

I thought Queens Blade was a bit meh. Felt like a videogame adaptation (it's actually evolved from an obscure western choose your own adventure series) where they had to keep introducing characters because that's what fans would want. From a fanservice PoV there was huge amounts of nudity but there was actually so much that it kinda dampened the effect.

K-On... It's light fluff but it's enjoyable fun, guess I'm a sucker for feel good slice of life. Doesn't rank alongside Azumanga but it's not bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X