No announcement yet.

New and current FS anime Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For my list re: Tobal's with Cross game added to the must watch list. I'm sure there'll be a surprise or two amongst them which will probably end up in the must watch list. I'm trying to stay in the dark with most info at the moment as hopefully that'll keep everything fresh when I sample the first few episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
      I'd be surprised if you could find an anime these days that doesn't have a pair of humongous tits in it :P
      Kannagi sticks in my mind as a series with fairly typical bust sizes, even the most well endowed of the characters wasn't OTT.

Not to mention the DFC tsundere stereotype.

Comment

JUst watched a movie called the Sky Crawlers

not the best in the world and the animation isnt great

what is great is the computer generated 3d models for the aircraft and all the dogfights

i was taken aback at how gorgeous it looked during some of the air battles

Comment

Trailer for the Eureka 7 movie.

Bit disappointing that it doesn't seem to have a significantly higher budget than the TV series, animation and art doesn't look improved. Looks like it could be like the Raxhephon movie where it's an alternate telling of the series with 50% recycled footage and 50% new.

Comment

Yeah, that's pretty much what I gathered from asuki. I'll still watch it because Eureka 7 was one of my favourite shows from the past 2-3 years.

Also just seen a trailer for Higashi no Eden (East of Eden) on http://juiz.jp/special/ . The first thing to come to mind was "Wow that's a naked Morita." very reminiscent of Honey and Clover particularly when she makes that sort of "cute face" it looked similar to Hagu's expressions. Didn't look too bad and it's only 11 episodes (plus a movie?) or so I hear. It'd be almost rude not to with that low of an episode count.

Comment

shame really, but at least it isn't as bad as Sunrise's series recap 'movies'

Comment

Toradora ep24 - Shows just fallen of the rails totally,

its not the pairings or the way Minorin/Ami got tossed aside, it was the whole Future planning + acting like a total **** to his mum just caused massive amount of . Seriously **** this show, that end bit didn't make a lick of sense based on how the characters haved behaved up until now, and getting married without even having kissed each other about 10 secs after confessing... i know kids can be dumb but this just seemed unbelieveable bull****.

Comment

Can anyone else find a video of the Maria+Holic opening on the internet? It appears to be, like non-existent anywhere or simply removed/taken down.

Comment

I ran into the same problem a few weeks back as well when I went to link it to someone. I could only find a partially complete version and the live version sung by the VA. Media Blasters seemed pretty thorough with removing it.

Comment

just go on tokyotosho and get the op vid. They've the singles too.

Comment

Clannad A ep23 - Really good ep, made me miss the season1 schoolife. Does exactly as the title says, takes place 1 year before Tomoya talks to Nagisa, so it turns in to a Kyou/Suno/Tomoya episode with a bit of Nagisa thrown in, the Kyou stuff is great and so it the Nagisa bit at the end.

Maria+Holic ep2-10 - haha, took me ages ot get around to watching them so i did today. Top Notch, i just love how the main girl never learns from her perverted ways and the SHAFT way of thinking makes every ep a charm. Love the ending credits.

Also caught up with Kurokami(ep6-10) which has stayed pretty much average through out, just which the kid would do some GAR when he gets beaten up, is general wussyness gets to me.

Also got 7-10 of Druga S2, which again is ok, nothing special, was not at all surprised bu the amount of betrayals, but was disappointed with the route the Fattina/Jil relationship went in ep10, just a total reset... when i wanted them together.

Casshern Sins ep23 - last ep, ended on nothing really.

Abit sad watching Lyuze die, which is all i can say about it. The show just went nowhere about half way through, and the Ringo end was a bit stupid if she has no one to continue this new 'living' robot race with.

Nothing im gonna save to watch again, pretty has as it is.

Comment

Watched the final Linebarrels yesterday.

A happy ending? Who would have seen that one coming? Oh and Emi was miraculously healed by Linebarrel. How handy. Still, not a bad series overall.

Might consider picking up the manga.

Comment

Toradora ep25 - Last ep, even though Ryuji never apologized for what he said it ended pretty well and i enjoyed the whole ep, overall it be been pretty good mainly thanks for the 1st half and middle of the show being good till it hit 20's when the emo minorin plot and Ami getting side lined let it down coming into full force. Still a shame more shows won't follow the Clannad route and give us some peek into there lives after high school.

Ippo 11/12 - even though i know nothing about the history of the characters going into this(i know shame on me), its a testament to the show that i gave a damn about Hammer Nao and cheered when he got those body blows in. Great show.

Michiko to Hatchin ep21/22 - Another show finished, and with a really good end.

One that i could see coming as there was know way Hiroshi was gonna stick around when they found him, they guy is a born coward and a loser(kind of reminded of the wrestler) but didn't expect the timeskip ending or Michiko to shop herself in until the deal with her mate. Loved the little reunion hug at the end.

I can't understand some of the dislike towards the show, maybe it was that cowboy bebop vibe it gave off with outbeing CB, and the story seemed to go nowhere for along time during the middle of the show, but theni just saw that as slice of life stuff i enjoy, before cranking it up for the last 6-8 eps with the mafia/gang war and the police really cracking down on Michiko.

Should have alot of shows ending in the end 1-2 weeks, freeing up space for the new season. Just wish someone would do the Birdy season2 show.
                            Last edited by Tobal; 27-03-2009, 23:58.

Comment

Rideback 10: Wow. That's a brutal way to end an episode.

Asu no Yoichi 12: Average series continued averagely to reach an average conclusion.

Edit: For anyone that enjoyed Sketchbook and would like more, some kind anon from 4chan translated the 6 picture drama's that were released. Find them here.
                              Last edited by Mr.Jeff; 29-03-2009, 10:31.

Comment

Asu no Yoichi ep12 - not real ending so we'll probably get more of this. While it wasn't total crap, it bearly made it above average and only really enjoyed the bits with the 2nd sister and the Flower Ninja girl. I'm guessing the dvd release will be abit more naughty with the fan service, might redownload that evil gang fight ep again to see if the stripping of 2nd sister changed .

Rideback ep10 - kind of had this spoiled for me a while back when someone posted a manga panel

of some riot with a rideback rider in a blood mess.. no idea who it was though. But it was pretty much telegraphed when that girl got a crap load of screen time, silly girl should have just jumped off the rideback, guessing the Auto rideback the GPP has will be crushed by Rin at some point.

Wish the last ep of gundam00 wasn't 700mb ><. Gonna take a while to get with the irc jammed packed.

Comment

Working...
                                X