Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just incase anyone wanted to know, today is "Penny Gallery Day" at ebay.co.uk, meaning you can do fancy gallery pictures and whatnot for the whopping sum of a singular of your english pennies.

Personally, this means the copies of Suikoden 1 & 2 I picked up from my local, rather unknowing Game store for ?8 and ?10 apiece will now get flogged off for a stupid markup

Comment

Dodgy Ebay Question.

hello,
      i'm interested in the immediate purchase of your item , i will be sending payment via money order through western union auction payments as i wish to send this item to my husband in africa who just began work there so i will want to confirm with you if you will be able to ship the item upon recieval of confirmation and approval notification from western union auction payment,i mean after payment is approved. i want it shipped via Ems speed post Kindly get back to me with your full name, address and telephone number so that i can proceed with payment. i await your reply ASAP.
      Regards

Then the cheek of it, before I replied, they bought it via Buy it now!

So what's the deal with this western union? I've basically said to her/him, whatever. That I will post to Africa, even though I said in the auction I wouldn't. And I said to them that I will only post it there, but she has to pay via the methods I actually stated, such as Cheque, Postal Orders, or a direct Bank transfer.

Somehoe I think the item will be relisted.

Comment

so shes gonna pay you first, and once payment is recieved youll send out the item right?

Comment

Yes, but she wants to do it via Western Union, isn't that dodgy? And can't you get scammed with that? And I didn't state i'd accept western Union.

Comment

Western Union is the choice of currency for a fraudster.
            Type Western Union eBay Fraud into google for an example.

Avoid TBH.

Comment

i dont think you can get scammed with western union. people use it to scam others, eg when selling plasmas etc.

anyhoo, id steer clear of dealing things to Africa.

Comment

if you do wanna go ahead and use western union make sure you have the money in your hand before you send the item. ive heard that the confirmation can be fake so people send the item before collecting payment thinking it is safe but when they go to collect payment there is no record of the transaction.

Comment

Don't bother. Huge bank fees on MOs. And we don't have EMS, just Airsure and I doubt it goes to Africa. You didn't state you accept MOs so it's her bad.

Comment

Scam, these ones where they want to send it another country usually mean they are paying with a stolen credit card. I had 3 similar emails about a mobile phone a while back, although they wanted to pay by paypal (which meant I would have ended up losing the money)

Comment

hello
                      i wish send it directly to husband in africa and it will cost me more if u ship to uk and i ship to africa and so the payment i can only use western union auction payment via money order to make the payment because it is easier and safer for to do so try and look in to it and get back to me asap and here is the address for the shipment below
                      EMMANUEL JOHNSON
                      24 JACOB STREET
                      OFF OJUELEGBA ROAD
                      SURULERE
                      LAGOS 23401
                      NIGERIA.
                      jane.

I replied with...

Hello.

No, I am sorry. I said I will not accept Western Union Bank Transfer, it is not safe and I will not accept it.

Now, you can either pay via Bank Transfer, Personal Cheque, Postal Order or Money straight through the post. If you do not pay via one of these payments, I will take legal action. I am a lawyer, so it will not be hard.

Now, which payment out of the ones I STATED that I would use will you choose? If you don't pick any, i will be contacting Ebay, as it is obvious you are trying to con me.

Write back asap.
                      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by 007
                        I am a lawyer, so it will not be hard.

i think she wont be getting back to you.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_sockochris
                          Report him to eBay. I reported someone who sold be a fake GBA game a few weeks back and he's now banned
                          i never use ebay to buy gba games

got stung far too many times

fecking fakes everywhere - would rather use the good guys here than use ebay for most items

Comment

Originally posted by 007
                            western union auction payment via money order to make the payment because it is easier and safer for to do so
                            Ah the famous fake money order scams, basically what you get is a realistic (but canceled or forged) Western Union money order, which you will put into your bank account and the money shows up and the 5 days clearing passes and still the money is in your account so you send the goods. Then a few days later the bank take the money out of your account stating that the money order is a fake or has been declined. The banks can and will then take the money and may even charge you a fee as the money order has bounced.

If you are being paid my a money order then state that you will have to allow a calender month for the money to clear fully, that will put most scammers off or ask for a Western Union money transfer as when you have the money, Western uninon can't ask for it back...

Oh yes there is also the 'My friend will pay you in the UK, he owes me some money, so can you send me a transfer of the difference and I'll pay the transfer and giver you 10% for your time' which uses the same thing, then they get your money and the goods.
                            Last edited by MD; 16-10-2004, 19:09.

Comment

Lads, what do you think to this ingenious idea I thought of when sitting at my laptop pissed as a bean.

Accept the western union transfer, and simply don't send the item?

Genious, no?

Comment

Originally posted by 007
                                Genious, no?
                                scammer yes

Comment

Working...
                                X