This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cutmymilk
    If he paid by paypal you're screwed, basically.
    Not really, if you have proof that it has been received then paypal can't do much as the item isn't faulty. 6 hours on a ipod seems quite reasonable to me.

If he fails to send it back then shouldn't be able to do anything to you.

I'd send copies of the emails to ebay as well.

It does sounds as if the buyer is trying to get something for nothing. Just remember once its all cleared leave him some nice feedback

Comment

If it wasnt sent recorded then you are.

Comment

If someone sent anything on ebay not recorded then they need their head examining. If this is the case then they could be screwed, however it seems some dialogue has been exchanged which would indicate its been received. It would be helpfull to see what feedback was left.

If they posted 'item had poor battery etc......' then you could argue they've had it.

However i will concede when it comes to Paypal then anything can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
          Thats pretty cool - but why on earth would she want a faulty PS2?
          My guess? It looked 'pretty'. It's 100% likely she had no idea what she was doing, but at least she coulda bought something I have a use for.

Comment

Perhaps be grateful she never bidded on a R4R3!!!11! Sealed Radiant Silvergun, only 10 copies 3v3r. Buy It Now = $499.99

Comment

update - it was sent by recorded so i should be ok. Hes now asked for a refund before he sends it back. he also said his mate at work has offered him ?80 for it (he won it from me for 130). but wants to know if i will refund him 50 and then call it quits.

Sounds like hes trying his luck abit here

Comment

It does sound like it, i'd email him to tell him that your sending all this info to Ebay/Paypal to investigate his account as it looks like he is trying to pull a fast one. I'd only refund once it has been returned as well. Paypal should only refund him if he has proof of delivery.

He does sound like a grade 'A' **** btw. When i sold something that actually was faulty (car stereo - worked before i took it out!) the buyer was great he gave me the following feedback once the refund was sorted 'Great Ebayer, Excellent comm's, Highly recommended, 5 star trader. Thanks'

Pity they're not all like it
                Last edited by Ginger Tosser; 13-04-2006, 23:03.

Comment

Tell the dick to **** right off, hes trying to get something for nothing and he probably heard about paypal siding with the buyer so is trying to get an ipod for free. So call his bluff. Tell him he gets a refund when he sends it back. If he decides to really try and get a refund from paypal....well you know where he lives...get the boys round..ill help I hate scum like that

Comment

Good news on the PS2 front. The guy has done a mutual agreement for me not to buy the console.

Now I just need to log out of ebay every time I leave the computer!

Comment

It's Lego Kratos

Comment

Why do sellers add fees when using Paypal?

This might sound like daft question, but why? The obvious answer is to cover the additional cost I know, but surely the art of selling is to make your sale as attractive as possible to the buyer to secure the sale? If you're selling a house, you don't ask the buyer to pay for your legal fees.

I know there are alternatives to Paypal that are effectively free, but personally I find these hassle. Bank Transfer takes a few days (unless you're with the same bank) so it means checking your bank account. Cheques and postal orders require a trip to the bank or post office. I love the idea of receiving an email the instant someone has paid me without any other hassle. It includes their postal address so I don't have to ask for it. I'll quite happily pay for the fees they charge, plus with a lot of other people adding them on it gives my sales a competitive edge and for what? A few percent charge.

Much worse are these idiots who sell stuff on Ebay with a clearly inflated postal charge. ?4.99 postage for a DVD or game. I just think forget it and look elsewhere. I'm sure these people think they are being crafty, but really their just pushing away their potential buyers and losing money.

I will pay for charges on top if a seller insists, but I can't understand the logic.

Comment

If people will pay it then why take on the extra cost? If you need to make a sale attractive then I suppose that's the way to do it, but it you've got a good product at a reasonable price, then see if people will pay the fees too. Save yourself a few bob. You can always put it up again.

Comment

Why? Because paypal charge you about 4% to recieve the cash. Charging for fees is meant to be against ebays rules. That probably accounts for the inflated postal charges.

Comment

The English are a nation of tight-fisted, money grabbing tramps.

Comment

I think it's often the case that the seller would rather not use Paypal at all, but provides the option in case the buyer wants to use it, for what ever reason, at their own cost.

Comment

Working...
                                X