X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thankyou very very much man

Comment

Hey guys, need some help. I won a graphics card on ebay and paid using paypal last Thursday. The seller e-mailed me saying he would send it on Friday using special delivery. So far I have not received anything and have not got any replies to my e-mails, I even tried contacting him on his home number he has registered with ebay but that doesn't work. Where do I stand?

Waz

Comment

How have you paid?

Comment

I have paid using paypal. The auction only had the ebay protection in it, not the paypal. But I am aware that when paying using paypal you are covered using paypal protection. I have filed a case with paypal and lets see if I get my money back or the problem resolved.

Waz

Comment

hey lads,

sorry to hear about your gfx card deal, but hopefully it should be ok. give it until the end of the week in case he hasn't posted it yet.
            i've had a few ebay related problems, including a phone from some girl who didn't reply to emails as her hotmail was playing up (either that or it was full) but she eventually posted it around two weeks later (and via special delivery instead of the agreed 1st class standard) with a big sorry on the parcel
            i'm guilty of taking my time to send items though, usually because the post office is quite far and the queues are long so my boss gets vexed if i'm out for a long time

however, i always keep in contact via email as i find it extremely frustrating to have no replies to my emails (or late replies)

oh on a side note, there's a new service called pppay. i've tried it a few times and it's really good because

a) it's faster to deposit money than the other ones (i'm on paypal and nochex), doesn't take 4 working days or whatever

b) if you send the money to the wrong person, and they're honest, they can decline it, as money isn't actually transferred until the seller clicks the 'accept' button once payment has been sent

c) they have one of those escrow thingies for 49p, where they hold on to the money and then send it when the item has actually been received

d) no, i don't work for pppay

seriously, it's pretty good so far, and the more services you sign up to, the better. www.pppay.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG
              It's a GBA pirate cart - look at the shape of it! Ruby games were translucent red, emerald translucent green. The seller isn't pulling a fast one, well no he is, but he just hasn't got a clue. So what he's listing he thinks really is an NES game.
              It is a NES game... these kind of bootlegs are typical of a lot of NES games, like Street Fighter II
              Last edited by Commander Marklar; 16-09-2004, 09:24.

Comment

This guy seems to be selling the Sony Ericsson P910 for extremely low prices.

Email i got from him:

Hello,
                First i want to inform you that are many emails to read and reply,and for that reason i will send first email to all potential clients
                with a general informations.
                Now we are trying to sell the remaining
                stock. This is preaproved auction,that
                means that you are not allowed to bid or buy the item until payment is
                confirmed.
                We have 3 lots of 20 pieces of Sony ericsson P910.
                This is our price list:
                1 Sony Ericsson P910-120GBP
                5 Sony Ericsson P910-500 GBP
                10 Sony Ericsson P910-900GBP
                20 Sony Ericsson P910-1700 GBP.
                The units are brand new still in their original package factory sealed,unlocked for any networks!.
                They ship with all the accessories provided by the manufacturer and
                have international warranty . All the manuals and the original
                documentation are in English and French!
                As soon as we agree upon the trasaction terms I will make the S&H
                arrangements and schedule a pickup with UPS. You will receive your
                package in 2 working days at most. We ship all packages having written
                on them "display unit, no comercial value" or as a gift so you don't
                have to pay any additional taxes like customs or dutys.
                For more details please email me!

He lives in Belgium and expects to be paid via Western Union - which sounds like a scam.

What do you lot think?

Comment

Of course its a scam - if something seems too good to be true, it is.

Comment

All the previous feedbacks are for crystals or jewels - not mobs

Looks like a scam to me as it's pre-approved only and it says the location is UK not Belgium.

Plus - It's ended now anyway.

EDIT: Beaten to it by Those'

Comment

ok i admit, i've now jumped on the bandwagon. i'm selling my steering wheel and decided to bundle my outrun 2 demo and xbox live sub with it to boost the price. in the title for the auction, i put wheel + outrun 2 + xbox live trial

well there wasn't enough room to put 'demo'

bet some sap's gonna bid a lot on it (or rather, hope )

yes i know it's cruel but what can i do. besides, i've mentioned it's the demo clearly so that should save me from negative feedback

Comment

just saw that Billy before reading your post, ?1.04 I think it was upto

2 month free Live trials - regularly given away here on NTSC, over ?3 on ebay

Comment

It's a con right if I get a

You have received this email because we have strong reason to believe that your eBay account had been recently compromised. In order to prevent any fraudulent activity from occurring we are required to open an investigation into this matter. To speed up this process, you are required to verify your eBay account by following the link below.
                          email and the link is: ht tps://signin.ebay.com/saw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&UsingSSL=1 but the shortcut is an ip address: ht tp://212.201.71.130/.secure/safeharbor.verify.ebay.com/login.php

I also got a 'Thank you for signing up to Direct Debit' email this morning. Should I be worried or just ignore it all?

Comment

As Marty and I were discussing on IRC last night, these scammers are getting a bit clever. Even if you did have the foresight to check the link (as you did), perhaps not being fully au fait you'd look at the ebay.com bit and still be inclined to click.

Comment

So it is a scam then. I'll delete it. Maybe the DD one was a renewal or something as it could be a year since I set it up around now.

How do you find out exactly where the mail was sent from again. Email addresses can be forged can't they?

Comment

Read this, mate. I can go into more detail need be.

Comment

Working...
                                X