No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The MotoGP ad being shown in youtube at the moment is incredible.

Also these last 3 laps from silverstone!!:

Comment

Not seen that before (the ad) so thanks for that Charles. As in 2013, it should be a great year in Moto GP 2014.
      Marquez/Rossi/Lorenzo and maybe Pedrosa should be tussling it out at the front every race. And of course Cal on a Ducati, wish him luck with dragging that on to the podium.
      73 days until the first race.

Comment

Comment

The MotoGP bikes hit 217mph on some GP straights

Comment

Some fantastic 2013 images from the MotoGP™ High-Speed cameras at Grands Prix around the world, in what was another spectacular season of racingSee more: htt...

I've linked to a moment in this vid - the skill is incredible. So relaxed while drifting both wheels.

Comment

Heh, Doohan also did that back in the day.

The amount of control the top riders have over the bike is amazing. I read years ago that Carl Fogarty only managed to win the Superbike championships after Ducati changed the throttle so he had to twist the grip twice as far to open it 100%, gave him so much more control over laying down the power etc.

Comment

Dangerous sport, as demonstrated in 2011, but that's what makes it all the more exciting. F1 has become so sanitised now that it's taken half the excitement out of it. I may have said before, but if you look at the races from the '70s and '80s they are ten fold more interesting to watch than the current establishment.

My arse twitches if the rear wheel loses traction for a second.

Comment

Being a non-BT Sport subscriber I'm quite chuffed ITV4 now have the rights to show MotoGP highlights. Not the same as watching races live but hey ho, I'll take what I can get. Highlights to every race will be shown on Monday nights at 8.00. You just need to hide under a rock for 48 hours

Comment

Ha, I have BT Sport luckily, but the Moto GP presenters roll on the race tonight though.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                      Ha, I have BT Sport luckily, but the Moto GP presenters roll on the race tonight though.
                      Who have they got? I haven't watched any of practice or quali but do intend to watch the race tonight.

Comment

Melanie Sykes - a TV presenter and model - will present on race day, joined by BSB and WSBK champions Neil Hodgson and James Toseland.

Former Eurosport MotoGP commentator Julian Ryder will join former 500cc GP star Keith Huewen in the booth.

Presenter and journalist Gavin Emmett will act as BT Sport’s MotoGP reporter.

TV’s Craig Doyle and former Olympic Silver medal sprinter Iwan Thomas will also front a MotoGP follow-up show on a Tuesday night. The show will have special studio guests and be filmed with a live audience.

Read more: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...#ixzz2woBmighq
                        Ryder and Hewen are knowledgeable and can be funny ("he needed that like a third armpit" spring to mind from their Eurosport days).
                        But the rest, ouch. Guess Melanie Sykes is supposed to take over from Suzi Perry.

Comment

BBC really have lost interest in the Moto GP totally, even after the race last night I checked and the last update on their Moto GP page was last Wednesday.

Great race by the way anyone who hasn't seen it, won't post and details of the results.

Comment

Three posts in a row, yay.

Please shut the door on the way out Red Bull, one race/decision doesn't go their way and they throw their toys out of the pram.
                            Can't wait to see them struggle this year and would love to see Vettel in a car where the team don't spend ?150M a year on getting him and only him a world title.

Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz says the team's future could be at risk because of decisions made by F1 authorities.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                              BBC really have lost interest in the Moto GP totally, even after the race last night I checked and the last update on their Moto GP page was last Wednesday.

Great race by the way anyone who hasn't seen it, won't post and details of the results.
                              What a race! I really enjoyed it. That penultimate lap where the lead traded back and forth was superb.
                              Was gutted for

Bradley Smith

- he raced so well for so long too.

Bautista

could have won that race if he wasn't so ragged. He doesn't have the concentration of the really top riders and again made a silly mistake when pushing.
                              Can't wait for the next one!

Comment

Think the cool conditions meant so many people in the race lost the front end while pushing.

Good to see Rossi doing so well after qualifying down in 10th too. Make or break season for him really, sure his contract is up with Yamaha this year.

Also pleased to see the factory teams back at the front, looked like the satellite teams would have a big advantage with the extra fuel and engine allowance etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X